Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:49 pm
Just met with the Doctor that I'm going to be working under for a project, she is totally AWESOME. This is going to be the best time ever, working towards a goal(what the goal is? I don't entirely know. Still learning about cool things.).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:43 am
delasislas
Just met with the Doctor that I'm going to be working under for a project, she is totally AWESOME. This is going to be the best time ever, working towards a goal(what the goal is? I don't entirely know. Still learning about cool things.).

Oh my god that sounds amazing!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin Best of luck, and I hope the goal is entertaining! How long will you two be working on the project for?  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 am
I spent basically infinite hours trying to earn enough gcash to get 2 Abysswalker items. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:13 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
delasislas

Oh my god that sounds amazing!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin Best of luck, and I hope the goal is entertaining! How long will you two be working on the project for?

I think like half a year, which fits well for me. We are taking surveys on the beach to do a trial risk assesment for the real study, so that we know that we're not shooting ourselves in the foot over a large amount of money.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I spent basically infinite hours trying to earn enough gcash to get 2 Abysswalker items. Ugh.

Been saving up all the free gcash offers that have recently been happening.
555/999 gcash for the alchemy backwings quest  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 am
Oh man, there is this sound outside right now...
It's making me really paranoid and edgy.
Like, I think someone is mowing their lawn or something?
Sounds like a lawn mower or riding mower kinda, at least.
And just, like, who mows at four o'clock in the friggin' morning?
The sun isn't even up yet here, so how can they even see, for that matter?
It's to the point where I walked outside and looked around to make sure there weren't, like, aliens or crazy weirdoes on lawn mowers or something outside.
I didn't see anything (good news?), but the noise is still there. ;w;

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:26 am
It took forever and an age to sort out my inventory...
(Bugs are cool. And definitely I like having to refresh after every single change I make and after moving anything to or from temp storage and navigating to a new page. Yeah, super cool. [/sarcasm])
But hey, I finally made a new avi with some of those absolutely wondermous gifties our lovely anon sent me a while back!
(That took forever, too, of course, but at least that was expected.)
I'm no longer candy cute or sugary pink. >>;
Been a while since I've done anything in this kind of color scheme, haha~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 pm
Queen Spazzy
It took forever and an age to sort out my inventory...
(Bugs are cool. And definitely I like having to refresh after every single change I make and after moving anything to or from temp storage and navigating to a new page. Yeah, super cool. [/sarcasm])
But hey, I finally made a new avi with some of those absolutely wondermous gifties our lovely anon sent me a while back!
(That took forever, too, of course, but at least that was expected.)
I'm no longer candy cute or sugary pink. >>;
Been a while since I've done anything in this kind of color scheme, haha~

I love it!!!!!  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:57 am
delasislas
I love it!!!!!

Thank you~
It makes me inordinately happy to hear when people like my avis.
I was worried the background wasn't going to work out, but it felt so empty without using one, and it was the only I really liked.
I feel like it looks better now that I've been away from it and am seeing it again on my actual avi than it did when I chose it in dress up, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:57 pm
Queen Spazzy
delasislas
I love it!!!!!

Thank you~
It makes me inordinately happy to hear when people like my avis.
I was worried the background wasn't going to work out, but it felt so empty without using one, and it was the only I really liked.
I feel like it looks better now that I've been away from it and am seeing it again on my actual avi than it did when I chose it in dress up, though.

Girllll your avatar looks like the unpopular high school kid that attended a world renowned tournament, became a legend, and now has all this cool s**t to show off.
Love it. xd  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm
delasislas
Ok, so I was on a ship doing an acoustics survey. I was the HAB(Harmful Algal Blooms) technician, my job was to sample for and identify HABs along the west coast. The project that I was on was piggybacking on a Hake survey.
Hake is an important fishery on the west coast. Basically Hake is generic "fish", companies will use it as a cheaper alternative, as such Pacific Hake was being over fished and the survey that I was on will be used to set quotas for harvest.
I was out for around 16 days, up for about 19 hours a day, some of it relaxing(mostly working). It was HARD.
But there were rewarding times; I saw dolphins galore, whales breaching, too much fish....
The best moment was when they were starting to wind down the leg of the cruise that I was on, a line got wrapped around the centerboard(which is how they do the sonar stuff to find the fish and the bottom depth). We were done, like 4 lines past where they wanted to stop. Still it kinda wastes money to go back early. Thing is they couldn't get the line out, it was stuck and we couldn't do anything. They decided to send out the ROV to get a look at it, but no one knew how to actually drive it. So, of course, I volunteered to drive it and they let me. So there I was freaking out with all the higher ups crouching around me. They ended up figuring out that the rope was wrapped on something on the other side of the hull. I saved the boat a day of having to go back to port and have a diver go down to get it free, potentially costing a lot of money.

Ok so they were saying on the boat that the ROV was like 10 thousand dollars...
Later on(just last night) I get told that it is in the 7 figure range.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm
delasislas
delasislas
Ok, so I was on a ship doing an acoustics survey. I was the HAB(Harmful Algal Blooms) technician, my job was to sample for and identify HABs along the west coast. The project that I was on was piggybacking on a Hake survey.
Hake is an important fishery on the west coast. Basically Hake is generic "fish", companies will use it as a cheaper alternative, as such Pacific Hake was being over fished and the survey that I was on will be used to set quotas for harvest.
I was out for around 16 days, up for about 19 hours a day, some of it relaxing(mostly working). It was HARD.
But there were rewarding times; I saw dolphins galore, whales breaching, too much fish....
The best moment was when they were starting to wind down the leg of the cruise that I was on, a line got wrapped around the centerboard(which is how they do the sonar stuff to find the fish and the bottom depth). We were done, like 4 lines past where they wanted to stop. Still it kinda wastes money to go back early. Thing is they couldn't get the line out, it was stuck and we couldn't do anything. They decided to send out the ROV to get a look at it, but no one knew how to actually drive it. So, of course, I volunteered to drive it and they let me. So there I was freaking out with all the higher ups crouching around me. They ended up figuring out that the rope was wrapped on something on the other side of the hull. I saved the boat a day of having to go back to port and have a diver go down to get it free, potentially costing a lot of money.

Yikes that's expensive... eek Glad to know things are ok, at least. It definitely sounds like you've been working hard, but I'm sure it'll pay off! What exactly is an ROV? Also you are so lucky to see whales!! I hope you didn't get dangerously close to them, though, especially during feeding times.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:19 pm
Still questing for Fairlily, which is taking forever. In the meantime, I tried doing the book version of Daenerys Targaryen with the silver hair and violet eyes. It's all I could come up with. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
delasislas
delasislas

Yikes that's expensive... eek Glad to know things are ok, at least. It definitely sounds like you've been working hard, but I'm sure it'll pay off! What exactly is an ROV? Also you are so lucky to see whales!! I hope you didn't get dangerously close to them, though, especially during feeding times.

An ROV is a remotely operated vehicle, they will have different functions; the one I used was a tiny one that had a camera on it but it was more for surface operations, another one like ones on the E/V Nautilus, Hercules and Argus, are for deep water operations and can have a moveable arm. check out nautilus live on google. One whale that we saw was ahead of us on port moving north and as we were going east I guess it realized that we were heading faster than it thought and started breaching a lot of times to get on our starboard, lot of tail slaps and all the fun stuf later it kinda waved good bye in the distance and dove. I think I have a video.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:56 am
Blind Blindness
Girllll your avatar looks like the unpopular high school kid that attended a world renowned tournament, became a legend, and now has all this cool s**t to show off.
Love it. xd

Haha, practically the story of my life, except the only thing I really won was the SO lottery.
(Seriously, I have the best beau ever.)
I'm only a legend in FFXIV, and I'm pretty sure it's a legend of "She has no life, but she's a damn good healer, we want her on our server, what's she doing on a hellhole like Famfrit?"

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games