Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:48 pm
Spring Break for me...still doing homework, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:16 pm
Today I went to my local hobby shop to play Pokemon since they host that on Saturdays. Walking toward a table I began unpacking my cards and tins, and one little girl looked at me strangely.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" she asked.

I shrugged shyly and set the cards aside. "I'm a boy," I replied. "I'm transgender."

She gasped. "ME TOO!!!" And she lit up entirely. "I was born a boy, but I'm a girl! When did you tell your parents?"

And we went into a short conversation about coming out, then got into battling with our decks of Pokemon cards. She was 7 years old, and I'm 18, so I kept smiling and nodding and listened to her as best as I could while we battled since children tend to be spontaneous. The girl continued getting distracted, however, and her dad in the background kept telling her to pay attention.

I said to the dad it was fine, she could take her time. And we continued battling, albeit rather slowly due to her distraction, and we got into topics about deadnames and whatnot and her dad, attempting to be kind, said this was impolite. But I, having experienced dysphoria, curiosity, admiration, and social awkwardness all the same, explained kindly to him that little kids are curious, and it wasn't rude at all for her to ask since we understood, having both been transgender.

The little girl and I continued to play, and she kept looking for one card in a huge bin of cards and forgetting what it was, so she asked me at least 10 times for the name again. Her dad looked obviously frustrated at this, but I just kept calm and helped the girl whenever I could, however I could despite getting easily frustrated myself with repitition.

At the end, when the father and daughter were about to leave, the father called me over.

"I just want to say thank you for taking your time and being patient with my daughter," he said solemnly. "It really means a lot. She has a lot of social interaction problems."

I smiled and nodded to him. "It's no problem!" I assured. My back grew hot, and I looked away with shyness. "I understand where she's coming from, and it's ok. She's a sweet girl, honestly."

"Thank you..."

"And there's one thing I can suggest to help her out," I said. And I mentioned the local support group for LGBT+ of all age ranges from children to middle aged people and meets quite frequently, and the father explained he'd been going to one which meets only once a month and is over two hours away and it usually took up the entire day to get there and back, and sometimes didn't work out because of that. And he was just so thankful. And I was happy he was thankful. Because I remember the stress on my parents, too, then the relief when we found the group and they knew it'd be ok. I remember my parents' frustration and trying to handle my social awkwardness when I was little, and how it lasted through the years. And I remember the personal struggles with such social awkwardness and lack of friends, and how support became everything and this girl would finally have it.

I hope this girl has a great future ahead of her because she has a loving family and a lot of learning to do. And this is one step in the direction toward right learning.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Ahhh, that's so sweet and nice!!
I already knew you were an awesome person, but this totally gives you so many more awesome points in my opinion.
[insert Dragonball joke about the level of awesomeness being over nine thousand here]
Also, holy fudge, someone else who deals in what normal people consider 'kiddie' card games like Pokemon?!!
I'd be hard pressed to play anyone since I've always been more of a collector, but I don't feel like as much of a weirdo now for it despite being well outside the target age group. >>;
I don't have any of the new cards, though, my collection is all old, original stuff.
(Like my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I'd be somewhat less hard pressed to actually play that one, though, even if I'd still probably lose, I did actually learn the rules of play at one point in my life so I could battle my cousin. I sucked at it, much like Magic, but we had fun all the same.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:20 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Today I went to my local hobby shop to play Pokemon since they host that on Saturdays. Walking toward a table I began unpacking my cards and tins, and one little girl looked at me strangely.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" she asked.

I shrugged shyly and set the cards aside. "I'm a boy," I replied. "I'm transgender."

She gasped. "ME TOO!!!" And she lit up entirely. "I was born a boy, but I'm a girl! When did you tell your parents?"

And we went into a short conversation about coming out, then got into battling with our decks of Pokemon cards. She was 7 years old, and I'm 18, so I kept smiling and nodding and listened to her as best as I could while we battled since children tend to be spontaneous. The girl continued getting distracted, however, and her dad in the background kept telling her to pay attention.

I said to the dad it was fine, she could take her time. And we continued battling, albeit rather slowly due to her distraction, and we got into topics about deadnames and whatnot and her dad, attempting to be kind, said this was impolite. But I, having experienced dysphoria, curiosity, admiration, and social awkwardness all the same, explained kindly to him that little kids are curious, and it wasn't rude at all for her to ask since we understood, having both been transgender.

The little girl and I continued to play, and she kept looking for one card in a huge bin of cards and forgetting what it was, so she asked me at least 10 times for the name again. Her dad looked obviously frustrated at this, but I just kept calm and helped the girl whenever I could, however I could despite getting easily frustrated myself with repitition.

At the end, when the father and daughter were about to leave, the father called me over.

"I just want to say thank you for taking your time and being patient with my daughter," he said solemnly. "It really means a lot. She has a lot of social interaction problems."

I smiled and nodded to him. "It's no problem!" I assured. My back grew hot, and I looked away with shyness. "I understand where she's coming from, and it's ok. She's a sweet girl, honestly."

"Thank you..."

"And there's one thing I can suggest to help her out," I said. And I mentioned the local support group for LGBT+ of all age ranges from children to middle aged people and meets quite frequently, and the father explained he'd been going to one which meets only once a month and is over two hours away and it usually took up the entire day to get there and back, and sometimes didn't work out because of that. And he was just so thankful. And I was happy he was thankful. Because I remember the stress on my parents, too, then the relief when we found the group and they knew it'd be ok. I remember my parents' frustration and trying to handle my social awkwardness when I was little, and how it lasted through the years. And I remember the personal struggles with such social awkwardness and lack of friends, and how support became everything and this girl would finally have it.

I hope this girl has a great future ahead of her because she has a loving family and a lot of learning to do. And this is one step in the direction toward right learning.

Honestly...there's so much good in this post. It's hard to describe. You are such a brave and strong person. There are people who go their whole lives without attaining the wisdom and the kindness that you have in your heart. You've conquered a lot of battles and continue to fight others. You can be a great source of support for children like her. I was really absorbed in your story. I've been shy my whole life--still am! Socially awkward my whole life--still am! Nice to hear about your own experiences and how you are taking your own path. Glad you can be so honest (and true to yourself) with other children and adults. Proud of you. biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:32 pm
Oh my goshhhhh, anon, thank youuuu!!
I legitimately scared my cats by squealing when I opened my gifts.
When I make another avi, I am TOTALLY going to be using at least one of them!!
(Both, if I can figure out how to swing it. cat_wink )

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:45 pm
I AM NOW FULL OF STARS.
The glasses I have don't quite match, but I don't think the paw versions of that item come in a more matchy color scheme.
(Though I might go take a look anyway...)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:26 pm
Queen Spazzy
I AM NOW FULL OF STARS.
The glasses I have don't quite match, but I don't think the paw versions of that item come in a more matchy color scheme.
(Though I might go take a look anyway...)

Your avatar is so pretty and nice xd 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:28 pm
Oh, and thank you anon for the frigid jaeger! biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am
I was so excited over my gifts yesterday that I totally forgot to mention to you all that I finally finished my amigurumi dragon!
You can find his image here.
(And if you want to read all the details about him, including his dedication, the deviation page is over here.)
Yes, he is totally sitting on my Wii U in front of my television, it was honestly the best place for me to set him up. >>;
(My apartment is super cluttered and I don't have all that many open flat spaces, comes with two people living in a studio flat.)
His actual place of honor is with my figure collection, right beside my beholder minifig.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 pm
Queen Spazzy
I was so excited over my gifts yesterday that I totally forgot to mention to you all that I finally finished my amigurumi dragon!
You can find his image here.
(And if you want to read all the details about him, including his dedication, the deviation page is over here.)
Yes, he is totally sitting on my Wii U in front of my television, it was honestly the best place for me to set him up. >>;
(My apartment is super cluttered and I don't have all that many open flat spaces, comes with two people living in a studio flat.)
His actual place of honor is with my figure collection, right beside my beholder minifig.

Wow, that definitely looks like a lot of work and dedication. Great job! And love the color.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:53 am
Blind Blindness
Wow, that definitely looks like a lot of work and dedication. Great job! And love the color.

Thank you~
I spent a long time perusing yarns trying to pick the best color, my beau helped me decide on this one (and as an added plus, it was on sale that day).
I have like a skein and a half left over, actually, I didn't need nearly as much as I was expecting I would, and now I'll have to figure out what to do with the rest. >>;
I'm particularly proud of the wings, actually, I've never made wings in that style before, and to have them turn out on the first try made me really happy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:00 pm
ANON, OH MY GOSH.
I could thank you like a hundred times and I still don't think it'd be enough.
I've been watching that item for well over a week now, waiting for the right moment to grab it.
(It's a very me IRL item, I have the mouth of a sailor and a four letter word starting with F is one of my favorite angry words. >>; )
Oh, and, uh, sorry about the lack of wishlist items, I use mine mostly as a tool to watch prices and see when listings come up on something I'm wanting to find and stuff, I've never been much into properly using mine.
(Though I swear I do actually try to keep a few buyable things on it, really!)
ANYWAY, thank you thank you thank you so very much!!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:44 pm
Last I counted during the previous week, about two or three anonymous people have gifted me by far. I gladly thank them, even if the items weren't on my long list. In the meantime, still trying to shrink that same list. It's about... eight pages worth of things last I checked. I suppose it's back to "Lake Kindred" again. Selling things I don't need seems to take ages still, unfortunately. No one seems to be buying them much, I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 am
~bakes random pizzas for everyone~  

Speedira Windira

Mind-boggling Bookworm

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:39 pm
So I guess we aren’t going to be flying our wood out for the time being. the helicopter pilot said that he heard some noise and it didn’t stop. so he said that he wanted to take it back to the shop to look at it, like 2 hours max. He sends us a photo of the drive shaft thing for the helicopter with like 3/4 of an inch of steel left and a 1 inch chunk broken off.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games