Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 pm
*At the coffee stand
Sister: Aw they don’t have any hookers here.
Me: If they don’t have them here, we can try to get you a hooker somewhere else.

Our town has a festival based around logging, a hooker is a job, they hook up chokers which are cables wrapped around logs, to a helicopter.
They sell buttons with the different jobs on them to get into a big show as tickets.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm
delasislas
*At the coffee stand
Sister: Aw they don’t have any hookers here.
Me: If they don’t have them here, we can try to get you a hooker somewhere else.

Our town has a festival based around logging, a hooker is a job, they hook up chokers which are cables wrapped around logs, to a helicopter.
They sell buttons with the different jobs on them to get into a big show as tickets.

Anything that allows for me to use "hooker" casually in a sentence has my support.
(Also, that is totally the kind of conversation my beau and I would have.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:22 pm
My manager stood behind the register taking customers tonight and somebody came up to her asking, “Do you work here?”

Until you get to retail, you never realize just how stupid human beings are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The store had been closed for 5 minutes already. One lady dragged her daughter to the art section, placed a journal in her hands, and sincerely looked her in the eyes while softly saying, “This is God saying you need to start a journal.”

I’m concerned for working here any longer. This place is more chaotic than a WalMart.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:13 am
Well, I may finally get the finicky dripping faucet in my shower fixed after I'm not sure how long of dealing with it.
Of course, it comes with the price of my beau having fallen in the shower and scaring the living daylights out of me during the night. =w=;
Good news: He's not hurt!
Bad news: Can't say the same for the faucet.
I'm not going to bother wondering how he sheared the faucet off the wall, I'm just going to be glad good luck chose to be on our side when it gave, probably saved us an ER visit.
Gotta try to get in touch with our landlady and see about having the maintenance guy come around to fix it hopefully...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:04 pm
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Doing this guild an annual/bi-annual stalk for old times's sake.

...... I don't remember the last time I actually posted or looked at anything here on this account or my mule. Also yes, I did change my name recently. Spazzy and Danny, I hope you guys are doing well.

JIN!! JEROME!!

Your birthday was a dead giveaway because I know you and Brandy share the same day. xd

I'm doing well enough. I'm in grad school for mental health counseling. Right now I'm on a break from school.

I hope you're doing well too! I'm so happy you stopped by and said hello. Even if it's just every once in a blue moon.

I’m glad you remembered. :’3

Holy s**t, grad school? I’m proud of you, Dannybro. I really am. That’s a really good field.

I’m doing as well as I could on my end. I’m still at a community college, but I did get two associates and a transfer degree from here, so I dunno if I want to take more classes yet. About to start working again in two days and already, it’s making me think of applying to another job. I’m not into food prep at all, but it’s still money. Kek.

I’ll visit again in the near future. I wish you guys well.

Thank you, thank you!! biggrin Yes, it's a lot of work. But you're right, it's a very good field, honorable.

Wow, two degrees (and a transfer one). That's great though. I think it shows a lot of commitment to get multiple degrees. And it's also natural for people to change minds or decide later to pursue another path. I think the statistic is the average college major or freshman will change his or her major three times, and then I heard something the other day about 3-4 careers in a lifetime for the average person.

I have just most recently been separated (I choose that word because it's oddly...the best word to describe it) from my job. I worked as a graduate assistant with college students with intellectual disability. It's true that food prep can be unsatisfying work...as you said, though, it's still money.

Great! Looking forward to it. cool

Multiple degrees were easy enough to get when they're from the same section. Mine are all art and shared some of the required courses, so yeah. :'3

Separated? How so? Is it like a semesterly thing ?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:30 pm
SCRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:42 pm
So I don't know, I think I made a post about this a while ago when it happened but here's a funny story about fixing a hole and hiding it from my parents for 2 months.

Back in June my parents went to Italy for 2 weeks. During that time I had to drive myself to the martial arts dojo alone and, entirely a nervous wreck since I'd never done that before, I accidentally mixed the gas and brake pedals when trying to back out and hit the dojo wall creating a small hole.

No parents home, they're half way across the world. I went inside and asked for our teacher, Mr. Scott. He was not there, either, he was away on vacation in New Zealand.

I panicked. I attended that class entirely shaken, praying to Odin that nobody would find out I made a minor hole in the wall which, there are so many holes in that wall outside since the place is well-used through the years that people wouldn't even bat an eye at it. But when the class was over, I returned home and realized I have Mr. Scott on Facebook. But again, he was away on vacation. How do you break the news to your teacher who is away on vacation that you damaged his studio? (Even though, again, the hole was entirely minor)

I messaged my teacher. He's the chillest dude ever, he laughs about anything, he's always super open-minded and understands kids will be kids, he's known me since I was like 7 and now I'm 18 so he knows what's an accident and what isn't, etc. I began typing an entire huge paragraph which began with, "Hello, Mr. Scott. I'm sorry to bother you during your vacation, however I should let you know..." And then I proceeded to say I hit the wall with my car, and I absolutely promised him I'd go the next day, buy a patching kit, and patch up the wall for him. Mr. Scott just laughed and his response was this: "Nice goin Ace! Ya better get patching!"

So the next morning I looked up a video from Home Depot about how to fix holes in walls, then got out early, used my own money to purchase a patch kit, took my dad's spackle and drove out to the dojo so I could patch the wall up for him. It looked just fine and Mr. Scott and I laugh about it to this day but we just... kind of kept it between us. It was so minor, so it didn't really mean anything.

But tonight my parents found the spackle and knife in the car (I guess I forgot to take them out) and the receipt from when I bought the patch kit and they started talking about it and my sister joked, "This sounds like a murder mystery."

I came clean, and we all laughed. It was so minor but anxiety is stupid and so I said nothing for so long because it seemed big in my mind, but my parents were totally fine. My dad even said he's extremely impressed I made the attempt to go out and fix the wall myself! He never taught me how to fix a wall, I just simply learned from a video, spent my own money and took action for my own mistake and my dad and mom just felt really impressed with me for doing all that on my own.

But that was tonight, and the hole got made over 2 months ago. I know how to keep quiet. But I also was raised with the notion of responsibility and to be an adult, take action for my mistakes, and own up to them. So I did exactly that, and my family is fine and impressed.

Be good, make mistakes, you're allowed to, you just gotta fix those mistakes. That's all.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:12 pm
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

...... I don't remember the last time I actually posted or looked at anything here on this account or my mule. Also yes, I did change my name recently. Spazzy and Danny, I hope you guys are doing well.

JIN!! JEROME!!

Your birthday was a dead giveaway because I know you and Brandy share the same day. xd

I'm doing well enough. I'm in grad school for mental health counseling. Right now I'm on a break from school.

I hope you're doing well too! I'm so happy you stopped by and said hello. Even if it's just every once in a blue moon.

Holy s**t, grad school? I’m proud of you, Dannybro. I really am. That’s a really good field.

I’m doing as well as I could on my end. I’m still at a community college, but I did get two associates and a transfer degree from here, so I dunno if I want to take more classes yet. About to start working again in two days and already, it’s making me think of applying to another job. I’m not into food prep at all, but it’s still money. Kek.

Thank you, thank you!! biggrin Yes, it's a lot of work. But you're right, it's a very good field, honorable.

Wow, two degrees (and a transfer one). That's great though. I think it shows a lot of commitment to get multiple degrees. And it's also natural for people to change minds or decide later to pursue another path. I think the statistic is the average college major or freshman will change his or her major three times, and then I heard something the other day about 3-4 careers in a lifetime for the average person.

I have just most recently been separated (I choose that word because it's oddly...the best word to describe it) from my job. I worked as a graduate assistant with college students with intellectual disability. It's true that food prep can be unsatisfying work...as you said, though, it's still money.

Multiple degrees were easy enough to get when they're from the same section. Mine are all art and shared some of the required courses, so yeah. :'3

Sorry about the late reply. School started again lol

Well, that's good! Saves some trouble.

Yup, you are on a contract. When that contract runs out, they can decide to renew it or not renew it, based on budget and however they're structuring the program. The director was really never forthcoming about it with me. I got tired of broaching the subject with her. Which is fine at this point. I start the mental health counseling practicum in January, so it's not like I could have worked past December anyway. So this semester I'll just be focusing on school and any personal goals I have for myself, which takes up a lot of time as it is.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
So I don't know, I think I made a post about this a while ago when it happened but here's a funny story about fixing a hole and hiding it from my parents for 2 months.

Back in June my parents went to Italy for 2 weeks. During that time I had to drive myself to the martial arts dojo alone and, entirely a nervous wreck since I'd never done that before, I accidentally mixed the gas and brake pedals when trying to back out and hit the dojo wall creating a small hole.

No parents home, they're half way across the world. I went inside and asked for our teacher, Mr. Scott. He was not there, either, he was away on vacation in New Zealand.

I panicked. I attended that class entirely shaken, praying to Odin that nobody would find out I made a minor hole in the wall which, there are so many holes in that wall outside since the place is well-used through the years that people wouldn't even bat an eye at it. But when the class was over, I returned home and realized I have Mr. Scott on Facebook. But again, he was away on vacation. How do you break the news to your teacher who is away on vacation that you damaged his studio? (Even though, again, the hole was entirely minor)

I messaged my teacher. He's the chillest dude ever, he laughs about anything, he's always super open-minded and understands kids will be kids, he's known me since I was like 7 and now I'm 18 so he knows what's an accident and what isn't, etc. I began typing an entire huge paragraph which began with, "Hello, Mr. Scott. I'm sorry to bother you during your vacation, however I should let you know..." And then I proceeded to say I hit the wall with my car, and I absolutely promised him I'd go the next day, buy a patching kit, and patch up the wall for him. Mr. Scott just laughed and his response was this: "Nice goin Ace! Ya better get patching!"

So the next morning I looked up a video from Home Depot about how to fix holes in walls, then got out early, used my own money to purchase a patch kit, took my dad's spackle and drove out to the dojo so I could patch the wall up for him. It looked just fine and Mr. Scott and I laugh about it to this day but we just... kind of kept it between us. It was so minor, so it didn't really mean anything.

But tonight my parents found the spackle and knife in the car (I guess I forgot to take them out) and the receipt from when I bought the patch kit and they started talking about it and my sister joked, "This sounds like a murder mystery."

I came clean, and we all laughed. It was so minor but anxiety is stupid and so I said nothing for so long because it seemed big in my mind, but my parents were totally fine. My dad even said he's extremely impressed I made the attempt to go out and fix the wall myself! He never taught me how to fix a wall, I just simply learned from a video, spent my own money and took action for my own mistake and my dad and mom just felt really impressed with me for doing all that on my own.

But that was tonight, and the hole got made over 2 months ago. I know how to keep quiet. But I also was raised with the notion of responsibility and to be an adult, take action for my mistakes, and own up to them. So I did exactly that, and my family is fine and impressed.

Be good, make mistakes, you're allowed to, you just gotta fix those mistakes. That's all.

That was a lovely story. (I always enjoy reading your stories; you describe things using great evoking language that keeps the reader interested)

I am impressed that you learned to do that. Actually, I think knowing how to fix things is SUCH a great skill. It is definitely not where I shine. Be good with your hands, your imagination, and your intellect....and most importantly, your heart!

And that message about anxiety is on point too.

Thanks for sharing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:39 pm
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

JIN!! JEROME!!

Yup, you are on a contract. When that contract runs out, they can decide to renew it or not renew it, based on budget and however they're structuring the program. The director was really never forthcoming about it with me. I got tired of broaching the subject with her. Which is fine at this point. I start the mental health counseling practicum in January, so it's not like I could have worked past December anyway. So this semester I'll just be focusing on school and any personal goals I have for myself, which takes up a lot of time as it is.

No worries, bro.

My schedule also goes by semester, so I definitely know the feel with that kind of contract work. I was out of work all summer. Good luck on your stuff, and hope you meet all of your goals. :3  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:05 am
To the wonderful anon that gifted me the Fafnir hatchling:
YOU. ARE. AWESOME.
Like, SUUUUUUPER awesome.
I've been wanting one of these adorable dragons for a while but was waiting for my 'right time' to buy it.
Clearly, I'm picky about when I buy (I've literally been watching prices off and on for over a year, he only recently found his way onto my actual wishlist >>; ), so, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I have to think of a name for him now...
Ahhh, I'm looking forward to kicking butt in LK with himmmmm!!
IT'LL BE GREAT, DRAGONS ARE AWESOME.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:37 pm
Thank you so much you amazing anon!!!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin heart heart heart heart heart

This item looks so awesome with all the other Fafnir blue stuff I have, and it's so generous of you to give me your extra!!! Thank you and I love you!!!!!!!!! emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:11 pm
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

No worries, bro.

My schedule also goes by semester, so I definitely know the feel with that kind of contract work. I was out of work all summer. Good luck on your stuff, and hope you meet all of your goals. :3

Thank youuu! I appreciate that!

You as well 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:35 am
Hey, can anyone still access the flash player stuff on here? I can't seem to get into my account and my Astra items barely work anymore, trying to turn them on just takes me back to the clothing menu, sooooo...... Yeah. Idk if it's because I'm on Google Chrome or if it's because flash player is being phased out soon.  

TheMagicalAcidTrip

Fashionable Vampire

4,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 am
TheMagicalAcidTrip
Hey, can anyone still access the flash player stuff on here? I can't seem to get into my account and my Astra items barely work anymore, trying to turn them on just takes me back to the clothing menu, sooooo...... Yeah. Idk if it's because I'm on Google Chrome or if it's because flash player is being phased out soon.

It's because you're using Chrome!
Chrome doesn't really support Flash content anymore (hasn't for a while), which makes some things on Gaia break (most notably, astra items).
There's a sticky in the bug forums about a workaround, but I can't confirm if it still works as I don't use Chrome.
If you still have trouble viewing avatars with an astra equipped, you might try turning animated items off in your account settings (under the heading "Forums & Guilds" on the preferences page). You won't see the items animate anymore, but it's a far cry better than not being able to view an avatar with an astra at all.
Hopefully someday in the near future they might consider rewriting some of this stuff to run as HTML5 content, instead, but I'm not about to hold my breath for it, they seem to have a lot of bigger things around the site to work on for the time being.

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games