Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:20 am
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
What?! 2 weeks without a post. Okay I'm posting wahmbulance

I've been having a hard time with classes, coming to terms that professors can have somewhat unreasonable thoughts on student's abilities. One was saying that we have two hours to do a final, but because we will all finish in one hour we'll only use the second hour that is allotted.

I've been there. Well, luckily I've only had a professor or two that was very unreasonable (e.g. my English professor who gave me B's on every paper despite the fact that I nailed them). And even Brandy, though she probably doesn't remember now, would have been able to attest at the time, my papers were certainly better written than she would have had you believe!

In your case, the professor seems assuming and arrogant. I hope that the Final Exam is as simple as your professor seems to think it will be.

What classes are you taking, by the way?

Well at the time I was taking Integrative Oceanography, Chemical Oceanography, a class on AUVs, and global oceans and human culture.
This quarter seemed to be more laid back, with intro to Oceanography, Intro to Field Oceanography, and Biogeochemical Oceanography.
Field oceanography is going to be the best, we get to work on a project and write a paper on it.
Cool news though, I'm looking into going back out on the NOAA ship again.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness

I've been having a hard time with classes, coming to terms that professors can have somewhat unreasonable thoughts on student's abilities. One was saying that we have two hours to do a final, but because we will all finish in one hour we'll only use the second hour that is allotted.

I've been there. Well, luckily I've only had a professor or two that was very unreasonable (e.g. my English professor who gave me B's on every paper despite the fact that I nailed them). And even Brandy, though she probably doesn't remember now, would have been able to attest at the time, my papers were certainly better written than she would have had you believe!

In your case, the professor seems assuming and arrogant. I hope that the Final Exam is as simple as your professor seems to think it will be.

Well at the time I was taking Integrative Oceanography, Chemical Oceanography, a class on AUVs, and global oceans and human culture.
This quarter seemed to be more laid back, with intro to Oceanography, Intro to Field Oceanography, and Biogeochemical Oceanography.
Field oceanography is going to be the best, we get to work on a project and write a paper on it.

That is a lot of classes, but it seems you are probably interested in them so I'm sure you pull through.

Oh, that is cool! Fun fact: Did you know that the National Hurricane Center (I don't know if you're interested in hurricanes, but I'm fascinated by them) is located where I live, in Miami? In fact, it's located at the university campus I attend, on the outskirts lol  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:47 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness

That is a lot of classes, but it seems you are probably interested in them so I'm sure you pull through.

Oh, that is cool! Fun fact: Did you know that the National Hurricane Center (I don't know if you're interested in hurricanes, but I'm fascinated by them) is located where I live, in Miami? In fact, it's located at the university campus I attend, on the outskirts lol

After a long struggle, projects have been coming together and some of my classes have been lessons on learning not to care.
Also, I found out that instead of 2 weeks, I am able to stay on the boat for 1 whole month, counting down the days to June 30th.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:07 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness

After a long struggle, projects have been coming together and some of my classes have been lessons on learning not to care.
Also, I found out that instead of 2 weeks, I am able to stay on the boat for 1 whole month, counting down the days to June 30th.

A good lesson for life I guess. Some things just aren't worth the hassle...not to encourage doing the bare minimum, but sometimes that's all you can do or really that's the best thing you can do. And then the other things you can prioritize.

Congrats! That gives you a lot of time to be researching phytoplankton and whatever other living sea creatures biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:21 pm
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness

A good lesson for life I guess. Some things just aren't worth the hassle...not to encourage doing the bare minimum, but sometimes that's all you can do or really that's the best thing you can do. And then the other things you can prioritize.

Congrats! That gives you a lot of time to be researching phytoplankton and whatever other living sea creatures biggrin

It's dawning on me that I've gone about a year without looking at phytoplankton seriously. Been doing some work with marine biotoxins and now physical oceanography, but no microscopy. Gotta do some recall. I'm hoping that I can get some resources to learn about physical oceanography in a more real way. Rather than wildly looking up what variables mean.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:41 pm
Happy 4th of July... Huh, no wonder it's a busy holiday. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:02 pm
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness
delasislas
Blind Blindness

It's dawning on me that I've gone about a year without looking at phytoplankton seriously. Been doing some work with marine biotoxins and now physical oceanography, but no microscopy. Gotta do some recall. I'm hoping that I can get some resources to learn about physical oceanography in a more real way. Rather than wildly looking up what variables mean.

Sorry about the late reply. I hope everything has been going well!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:06 pm
Princess Zelda21
Happy 4th of July... Huh, no wonder it's a busy holiday. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Happy 4th of July Zelda!!! And well...everyone, Happy 4th! biggrin  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:14 pm
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21

Thank you captain! It's been kinda uneventful this year on my small corner of the world. Would've had family plans, but nothing worked out. Maybe next time, I guess. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:25 pm
Princess Zelda21
Blind Blindness
Princess Zelda21

Thank you captain! It's been kinda uneventful this year on my small corner of the world. Would've had family plans, but nothing worked out. Maybe next time, I guess. ^_^*

You're welcome! Haha, yeah, uneventful here too in my own small corner. No family plans either. Just stayed home, caught up a bit on sleep, gave attention to the cats. Overall...not a bad day though lol  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:01 pm
*marks self as safe from those two earthquakes last week*

Just in case you guys were wondering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Time for a life update, I guess.

Also, in case anyone forgot or didn't know I had a mule, this is Jin. Now Wakaji.

Anyways, I forgot what the last things I said in here were, aside from birthday wishes.

I worked for a small catering company for the last half of last year. I'm assuming I mentioned them before. Very chill people. Kinda spoiled me and the coworkers with snacks and free food/drinks. So the beginning of Spring semester 2019 rolls along, and bossdude is suddenly kinda mopey and melancholic. Tells us he's gonna miss us, and we're like "Why?"

Turns out some of the school admins were giving the cafe space to some of their buddies, who run a larger chain of cafeteria businesses. My employers then were getting kicked out before the lease even ended, which of course is ******** up. Every two years, the cafe goes up for a bid for for the space, as the contract says. It hadn't been a year yet. The employer were allowed to resubmit their bid and also a food sampling thing. But they still lose, probably because the people I'm now working for are the bigger company and have more money and connections to the admins. Bossdude asked them to take me and the other coworkers in, but he was also asked if he wanted to take the manager position after they took over. Bruh.

They had to empty their stuff and leave the cafe by March 8th, in kind of a rush. It's also ******** up because that was all in the middle of the goddamn semester. The new company started moving their stuff in soon after, only to be temporarily shut down by the health inspectors for a bit because they didn't have a permit. And so after like a week or so of delay, they got the place set up, painted a few walls, and put their coffee machine up in a bit of an inconvenient spot that I hate because I'm relatively short and can't reach s**t and they keep the filter things on top of it.

Of course, they have their whole group of people they hired. Ever since they closed, I hadn't been on campus as often. I saw they immediately called in our grill cook, who had been working in the cafe for 15+ years. I was happy to see her, but I think she's planning on retiring soon. And they haven't contacted our other coworker, who was also there for 10+ years. It wasn't until they fired one of their recruits that they called me in, so I've been there since April 11th. Apparently they enjoy my presence because I already know what to do and customers are happy to see my face back again, but I keep getting asked about where other longtime coworker is. I get to teach the new coworkers about stuff in the cafe and the rest of the building, like where the nurse and the lost & found/student development offices are. And also, I'm getting to learn how to make coffee from Peet's, but we were supposed to get actual hands-on training. The first time it was scheduled over spring break, the maintenance guys came in and asked the manager if he got the school email about campus being shut down because of a water main break, and he apparently didn't get that message. It's halfway into July now, still no training. :T

I'm not completely satisfied working with this company because they're not as chill as a group as my former company was. Wearing all black and being near heated surfaces is never pleasant. And starting lunch breaks cuts into the time that you should be eating because you're waiting for your food to be made, often behind the line of customers who were waiting there already. And whatever food we get that isn't for lunch is half price, but we still have to abide by the credit card minimum of $3 if we don't have cash and I'm a broke b***h.

But I got to work for summer, because they wanted to keep me on. But just two days a week. I also got to take a two-week vacation, only to work for two more days after getting back and then being told we're closed for the rest of summer. All that was just this week.

And now to wait until August 12th so the semester starts back up. Also I just started taking anti-anxiety meds because I can't ******** handle myself, especially at home with family. The end.

Hope you guys have been well.  

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Ayyy! It's been a while, was going through a lot over the past few months. But I'm back!! biggrin How are y'all doing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:34 am
Sooo, hi, it's been a while; short version, things have kinda been... hectic for me.
And I'm not even around for very long right now, only about a week or so and then I'm off again. =w=;
Hopefully once I'm back after that (not certain how long, a couple weeks or something maybe?) it'll be longer term, stressed and tired are my constant state these days, bleh.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:14 am
-is updating things on lappy and paying bills- xx;  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 ... 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games