Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Randomness is a Virtue!
LET'S REACH 800,000 POSTS [GUILD SPIRIT CAMPAIGN] READ&POST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be active in this campaign?
ANYTHING FOR THIS GUILD!!
30%
 30%  [ 286 ]
NEVER!!! THIS IS DUMB.
3%
 3%  [ 34 ]
LET'S DO THIS THING!!!
35%
 35%  [ 336 ]
Wow...excitement much. Okay, I'll participate...but for goodness sakes your adrenaline is annoying!
29%
 29%  [ 278 ]
Total Votes : 934

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm
Wakaji
*marks self as safe from those two earthquakes last week*

Just in case you guys were wondering.

So glad you're safe! Experiencing an intense earthquake I can imagine is very scary.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:04 pm
Meant to reply to more messages lol, will do so later when I get the chance  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

So glad you're safe! Experiencing an intense earthquake I can imagine is very scary.

Fortunately, I'm nowhere near the epicenters of those last ones. Those were all the way down in SoCal.

But yeah, earthquakes are kinda trippy, even when feeling them from afar. Sometimes I feel like I'm just imagining things, or there's something heavy roaming outside.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:29 am
The Badongest One
Time for a life update, I guess.

Also, in case anyone forgot or didn't know I had a mule, this is Jin. Now Wakaji.

Anyways, I forgot what the last things I said in here were, aside from birthday wishes.

I worked for a small catering company for the last half of last year. I'm assuming I mentioned them before. Very chill people. Kinda spoiled me and the coworkers with snacks and free food/drinks. So the beginning of Spring semester 2019 rolls along, and bossdude is suddenly kinda mopey and melancholic. Tells us he's gonna miss us, and we're like "Why?"

Turns out some of the school admins were giving the cafe space to some of their buddies, who run a larger chain of cafeteria businesses. My employers then were getting kicked out before the lease even ended, which of course is ******** up. Every two years, the cafe goes up for a bid for for the space, as the contract says. It hadn't been a year yet. The employer were allowed to resubmit their bid and also a food sampling thing. But they still lose, probably because the people I'm now working for are the bigger company and have more money and connections to the admins. Bossdude asked them to take me and the other coworkers in, but he was also asked if he wanted to take the manager position after they took over. Bruh.

They had to empty their stuff and leave the cafe by March 8th, in kind of a rush. It's also ******** up because that was all in the middle of the goddamn semester. The new company started moving their stuff in soon after, only to be temporarily shut down by the health inspectors for a bit because they didn't have a permit. And so after like a week or so of delay, they got the place set up, painted a few walls, and put their coffee machine up in a bit of an inconvenient spot that I hate because I'm relatively short and can't reach s**t and they keep the filter things on top of it.

Of course, they have their whole group of people they hired. Ever since they closed, I hadn't been on campus as often. I saw they immediately called in our grill cook, who had been working in the cafe for 15+ years. I was happy to see her, but I think she's planning on retiring soon. And they haven't contacted our other coworker, who was also there for 10+ years. It wasn't until they fired one of their recruits that they called me in, so I've been there since April 11th. Apparently they enjoy my presence because I already know what to do and customers are happy to see my face back again, but I keep getting asked about where other longtime coworker is. I get to teach the new coworkers about stuff in the cafe and the rest of the building, like where the nurse and the lost & found/student development offices are. And also, I'm getting to learn how to make coffee from Peet's, but we were supposed to get actual hands-on training. The first time it was scheduled over spring break, the maintenance guys came in and asked the manager if he got the school email about campus being shut down because of a water main break, and he apparently didn't get that message. It's halfway into July now, still no training. :T

I'm not completely satisfied working with this company because they're not as chill as a group as my former company was. Wearing all black and being near heated surfaces is never pleasant. And starting lunch breaks cuts into the time that you should be eating because you're waiting for your food to be made, often behind the line of customers who were waiting there already. And whatever food we get that isn't for lunch is half price, but we still have to abide by the credit card minimum of $3 if we don't have cash and I'm a broke b***h.

But I got to work for summer, because they wanted to keep me on. But just two days a week. I also got to take a two-week vacation, only to work for two more days after getting back and then being told we're closed for the rest of summer. All that was just this week.

And now to wait until August 12th so the semester starts back up. Also I just started taking anti-anxiety meds because I can't ******** handle myself, especially at home with family. The end.

Hope you guys have been well.

Thanks for starting the "Welcome Back" wagon! Wow, that's a lot of transition. I recently went through one where I work, and it's definitely impacted the staff and the clients. Lots of workers laid off. So I kind of get it. It seems like you do cool things (e.g. interaction with customers) but some grunt work as well. It also sounds like you're a good employee and they're lucky to have you. It is unfortunate though how they went about everything...I can imagine it being very frustrating.

I can totally relate to the anxiety. I feel it a lot. That, and depression. I hope the anti-anxiety meds provide some relief. It's difficult too with parents or other family members that create lots of drama. A toxic environment fosters anxiety.

As for me, I've basically been interning at a residential substance abuse treatment center. I've started my one month break, and then back to school and internship for another semester. It's hectic, but I get to breathe for a bit now.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:31 am
The Badongest One
Blind Blindness
Wakaji

Fortunately, I'm nowhere near the epicenters of those last ones. Those were all the way down in SoCal.

But yeah, earthquakes are kinda trippy, even when feeling them from afar. Sometimes I feel like I'm just imagining things, or there's something heavy roaming outside.

Here it's hurricanes, but those are a different kind of beast.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:32 am
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Ayyy! It's been a while, was going through a lot over the past few months. But I'm back!! biggrin How are y'all doing?

Hey you!! Same here, so I get you. But so glad to have you back. I'm okay, how are you? 3nodding  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:34 am
Queen Spazzy
Sooo, hi, it's been a while; short version, things have kinda been... hectic for me.
And I'm not even around for very long right now, only about a week or so and then I'm off again. =w=;
Hopefully once I'm back after that (not certain how long, a couple weeks or something maybe?) it'll be longer term, stressed and tired are my constant state these days, bleh.

Reach out to me if you need anything. I hope things calm down and that I see your face around here when the time is right biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 am
Yuki_Windira
-is updating things on lappy and paying bills- xx;

*gasp* Sammy! Hiii

Ughh...how's that you going for you??  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:11 am
Blind Blindness

Thanks for starting the "Welcome Back" wagon! Wow, that's a lot of transition. I recently went through one where I work, and it's definitely impacted the staff and the clients. Lots of workers laid off. So I kind of get it. It seems like you do cool things (e.g. interaction with customers) but some grunt work as well. It also sounds like you're a good employee and they're lucky to have you. It is unfortunate though how they went about everything...I can imagine it being very frustrating.

I can totally relate to the anxiety. I feel it a lot. That, and depression. I hope the anti-anxiety meds provide some relief. It's difficult too with parents or other family members that create lots of drama. A toxic environment fosters anxiety.

As for me, I've basically been interning at a residential substance abuse treatment center. I've started my one month break, and then back to school and internship for another semester. It's hectic, but I get to breathe for a bit now.

No problemo, bro

I'm still pissed about the whole thing with the company switch. But I heard from my old boss that they moved to another college cafe that is closer than the one they left to go to. Incidentally, it's the one my current manager just came from. Old boss asked me to ask around for anyone in the area looking for a kitchen job, but so far, nobody's contacted me about it. I'm just here hoping they get good business but won't be understaffed, cuz if only I were able to drive and pay my own way to get there and back, I'd go back to work for them. Too much anxiety to go look for a different job for now, so I'm staying for a while, but being angry and spiteful at this company.

Yeah, the anti-anxiety meds seem to be helping so far. I have the feeling I might also eventually end up needing the antidepressants too. A lot of Asian cultures don't really like dealing with discussion of mental health that much, so that's been hell to even navigate myself through with almost nobody I was comfortable talking about it with. The last major episode I had with a massive anxiety attack that lasted more than a week led to a talk with my mom where she tried to equate that with just this one time she was nervous, and I got pissed and stopped talking to her about any issues because she's under the impression that she knows how to fix it all based on what she went through. And it wasn't until I had another that I finally learned my anxiety levels were like... borderline severe. I haven't actually gone to get a proper diagnosis of what exactly I have yet.

Is it a paid internship? I forgot if you brought it up before or not.
I'm glad you're getting a break from it for a good while. Take your time getting to unwind.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:49 pm
Got done with sailing on the ship. Had a lot of fun going up the Oregon and California coast. On the 4th of July we had a pyrotechnics safety demonstration where we got to practice shooting flares at night. Started to learn how to sail a ship from one of the officers onboard and learned how to mend nets from some of the deck crew among other things.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:43 pm
My cats officially rule my life. I have no control over it anymore. They are my sole jurisdiction.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm
*pays respecc*  

The Badongest One

Thirteenth Teenager

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:51 pm
The Badongest One
Blind Blindness

No problemo, bro

I'm still pissed about the whole thing with the company switch. But I heard from my old boss that they moved to another college cafe that is closer than the one they left to go to. Incidentally, it's the one my current manager just came from. Old boss asked me to ask around for anyone in the area looking for a kitchen job, but so far, nobody's contacted me about it. I'm just here hoping they get good business but won't be understaffed, cuz if only I were able to drive and pay my own way to get there and back, I'd go back to work for them. Too much anxiety to go look for a different job for now, so I'm staying for a while, but being angry and spiteful at this company.

Yeah, the anti-anxiety meds seem to be helping so far. I have the feeling I might also eventually end up needing the antidepressants too. A lot of Asian cultures don't really like dealing with discussion of mental health that much, so that's been hell to even navigate myself through with almost nobody I was comfortable talking about it with. The last major episode I had with a massive anxiety attack that lasted more than a week led to a talk with my mom where she tried to equate that with just this one time she was nervous, and I got pissed and stopped talking to her about any issues because she's under the impression that she knows how to fix it all based on what she went through. And it wasn't until I had another that I finally learned my anxiety levels were like... borderline severe. I haven't actually gone to get a proper diagnosis of what exactly I have yet.

Is it a paid internship? I forgot if you brought it up before or not.
I'm glad you're getting a break from it for a good while. Take your time getting to unwind.

Well hopefully things get better for you and all the people that are associated with your work that are causing trouble get their acts together or stop being a nuisance...sounds stressful and I can imagine that being in a workplace that's kind of...toxic doesn't do much good for your mental health, but as you said, easier to stay now with your anxiety.

That's true. I learned in school (and life) that a lot of people in Asian cultures don't like to discuss or seek mental health treatment. I am also reminded of a movie, The Farewell, which I want to see. Which is more physical health, but in the movie apparently the family wants to keep a diagnosis a secret from the elderly matriarch. I do understand what you mean though. To your mother, she doesn't understand the significance of anxiety in your life. You can't just will it away. I have a lot of anxiety, and I can't just will it away! Sometimes you have to take medication. There's also talk therapy, and specifically sometimes techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help individuals. If you want to, definitely you have the right to know your diagnosis. Sometimes therapists are required to give diagnoses for paperwork purposes..insurance...reimbursement...all that jazz. I don't know if you saw anyone for the medication, but if you're on it, you might already have a diagnosis. Or if you're referred by your PCP, yeah the counselor, psychologist, psychiatristmght diagnose you with something specific, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder...Panic Disorder...Major Depressive Disorder...etc.

Generally, the internships are unpaid. However, because I am on a fellowship, I got a tuition waiver for last semester and this semester I am going to get a stipend. I just have to take an extra class and do a little more work. But it's a really good deal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:55 pm
delasislas
Got done with sailing on the ship. Had a lot of fun going up the Oregon and California coast. On the 4th of July we had a pyrotechnics safety demonstration where we got to practice shooting flares at night. Started to learn how to sail a ship from one of the officers onboard and learned how to mend nets from some of the deck crew among other things.

Sounds like you're having fun traversing the ocean and learning valuable skills relevant to your profession of interest.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:58 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
My cats officially rule my life. I have no control over it anymore. They are my sole jurisdiction.

Cats are rulers by nature and do things on their own terms. But they are very cute.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2744 2745 2746 2747 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games