Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 am
Good morning everyone.

Looks like Z is up to her NickxEllis post creating business again. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:46 am
I'm currently collecting various info for an essay I'll have to write towards the end of the term for my Movies class. I know it's sort of funny that I'm starting with the last essay I have to do rather than the first one... but it'll be good to get a head start with it.

I'm writing my essay on the Star Trek (2009) film. Mostly going to focus on the diversity of the crew members of Enterprise and the diversity among the cast members for the show/film. 3nodding

I think it's going to turn out to be a good essay.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 am
It's sort of cool getting to read more about the history behind the Star Trek series after growing up watching the series when I was a little girl. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:58 am
Well, I'm heading off for lunch/school. Talk to you tomorrow.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm
Good evening everyone. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm
Read "To A Louse" by Robert Burns aloud today in my 19th Century Literature class - a poem written in Scottish-English dialect. Guess I did such an excellent job reading it, since my teacher and classmates were extremely impressed. Got a big applause from everyone, got comments continuously throughout the day, and even some of my classmates wishing I could have read some of Burns' other poems. ^.^  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 pm
*finishes reading the latest of Ame's now-locked thread where she revealed the almost-certain gender of her baby* Holy smokes... I'm glad I actually missed all of that business that went down. surprised eek Sure, there's a part of me that feels a bit bad that a lot of people ganged up and bashed on one person. But then the more dominant side of me (in this situation) is understanding of why the whole debate took place.

*shakes head* But that's their business, not mine. Just... intriguing.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 pm
It's always interesting reading arguments between two people. Sometimes I wonder if those involved in the issue take a step back during the argument and realize how unnecessary it is. Especially when it's over a small little thing. *shrugs* Who knows...  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 pm
Anyway, back to more happier things...

This afternoon, the English Department had a reception party. Originally it was described as being a gathering of English Department teachers, staff, and English majors to meet each other and learn about the resources in the area, while enjoying some finger food.

It ended up being just a couple of hours where teachers, staff, and students of the English department gathering and talking about various English related topics, while enjoying food, cake, and waiting for the raffle drawing to win a book.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 pm
Not that I'm saying the gathering party whatever was bad. I actually enjoyed my time chatting more with some fellow classmates and teachers I have. Though at times I felt like I was teaching my teachers things, than them teaching me about stuff. sweatdrop

Anyway, originally when I was e-mailed about the event. I was all like - "Oh... I don't know if I want to go." Then when one of my classmates asked me on whether I was going or not, I said I wasn't sure but might just swing by for a few minutes to see what it is about. In the end, I ended up spending the full time there. xd  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:44 pm
*takes sip of her Blackberry milkshake*

It's from when my parents and I went out for dinner yesterday, after being at my Grandma's putting primer on the carport and going to the dump to take care of the junk that's been laying around my Grandma's place from both our remodeling project(s) and just stuff they've been collecting over the years that obviously they're not going to use again. xd

I got so full from the burger, sweet potato fries, and caramel sundae, that I couldn't drink more of my milkshake. So I saved it and have slowly been working on drinking it throughout today. Probably won't finish it today either.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 pm
*watches various preview clips for the new HP movie* Oh my goodness! surprised This movie looks like it's going to be totally awesome! biggrin

Still trying to think of what I'll do for the second part of the 7th movie. A reprise of a previous costume? A new costume of the foreign students (Beauxbatons or Durmstrang)? Or a cosplay of adult, professor, etc.? *shrugs* I really have no idea right now.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 pm
Going to finish watching the last two Sneak Peek features of HP 7.1... then I'm going to bed.

So I'll go ahead and say nighty night to y'all. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am
Good morning. biggrin  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:02 am
Going to go take a shower. And then start working on my homework. 3nodding

Got some reading to do for my 19th century literature, Shakespeare, and Movies class. And a CR to do for both 19th c. ((if there's something I feel like writing about on the pieces we're assigned)) and Movies. 3nodding

And then if I'm finished with those before it's time for me to leave for class, I'll probably finish collecting notes from the one Star Trek oriented resource I was looking at yesterday. Then start looking for articles/resources for my Environment and Human Life project, since we'll have to do some stuff for that pretty soon. 3nodding  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games