Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:38 pm
I resisted as much as I could before I just had to say it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:45 pm
Somebody would have said it if you hadn't.

Today I am... I dunno, the grey leprechaun?  

Cobalt

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm
Angelic gray leprechaun. :3nod's:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:50 pm
Tanakietsu
Phew, glad I got that off my chest pertaining to your new directory which I think is fantastic.

OH.M.GEE.

Tana thinks my directory is fantastic.

*Frantically searches for diary to make an entry*
whee
*giggles like a moron*

Kikiama

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:54 pm
Haha, yeah, can't forget the halo. XD Except you can't see the horns holding it up.... XD

We all think it's great Kiki! You put so much time into it, and it looks so very purty. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm
I used to recycle characters quite often before I returned to the Refuge. I learned my lesson, though.

As for character pictures, you all know that I almost always use TekTek's Avatar Creator. I never go into it blindly, though. I make sure to have a general concept beforehand. I seem to have lost my knack for written descriptions... sad

I need a hug...  

Trowa The Fearless

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm
I really do love the directory, but more-so than that I appreciate the time it took to make it. If I was a thread-creator I'd be very thankful to have it listed.

Horns complete the halo, in my opinion. ;3

*hugs Trowa* I wish I coulda been the one to stomp the character recycling out of you. Lovingly of course!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:03 pm
Y'all left me without any original praise for Kiki's wonderful invention. xp  

Trowa The Fearless

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 pm
The Golden Rooster had to fight crime that consisted of not acknowledging how awesome the index is and how beneficial it is.

I fought crime.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 pm
*hugs Trowa also* Trowa sandwich! XD

Sometimes written descriptions can be tricky, which is why I think so many people resort to images instead. It's easier and faster, and plus there are a lot of really cool-looking character images out there. I prefer to write out my descriptions because I enjoy it, but I'm a nerd, so.  

Cobalt

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 pm
"Easier and faster" = LAZY.

People should care more about their characters and put time into them. ._.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:23 pm
Born and raised on the fantastic planet of Hentopia, the Golden Rooster grew miraculous powers. He quickly retained a peckish appetite in times of crisis, and he can make hens lay eggs with a wink. His battle call so brave and heroic consists of large amounts of cocking ((Yes, that's what they call it)). He also ruffs up his feathers to warn predators and criminals alike that they are in danger.

The Golden Rooster is a force, to be reckoned with.

Tanakietsu

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm
I know, I'm agreeing with you. That's simply the "justification" of using images.

To be the devil's advocate here, I don't even think that everybody who uses images is being lazy about it. Some may honestly prefer that their character looks like an image they had in mind, some may think that this image is close enough to what they'd envisioned that they decided to use it, some may know that they are poor at descriptions and don't want to eff it up, and don't forget, sometimes roleplay creators ask for images instead of descriptions.

But that is no excuse for usurping somebody else's art.

And I do have to say that I think the vast majority of those who use images are lazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:28 pm
Those role players are murrmmmurrmurmurmrr (Too lazy to read descriptions, as if a small paragraph or two is going to kill them).  

Tanakietsu

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm
True. But not every roleplayer is literate. :3

Going to go make foodz nao. Chicken, it's what's for dinner! XD  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games