Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm
*shows off* I think it's made of gold.

I also have spikes extruding from my skull.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm
I don't dare take any moral high-ground. We are equals, and thus playful ribbing is expected. The only difference between him and me is the possession of the Banhammer. wink

EDIT: Watching copious amounts of Optimus Prime on youtube makes me realize that I am but a shade of the leader he is.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm
*looks around*

I have no power in the guild, my opinion is s**t compared to the two mods (one on vacation), a young child with power that she doesn't use, and the captain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:29 pm
Your opinion carries weight, old friend . . . more than once the thought of resuming your role amongst the Mods has been brought up. We listen to your words more than you might think. wink The promotion doesn't come because of thoughts of retaliation by the populace here- cries of favoritism, preferential treatment, and unfairness in promotion. The Refuge must be respected as a whole, not just as a place.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 pm
On a different note, I hadn't asked for the job but like, months back as jest. The mods, when they're here, are more than enough for the guild.

What I'm merely telling you, is that you are in short supply of moderators and you might want to think of getting some temps until at least one comes back.

I already know the effects of my returning to power would be, and I entirely address the issue of me being back as a negative thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:38 pm
That is a topic the remaining mods and I have been examining, believe me. As for your return, many think it would be a good thing, but to be honest. . . it ain't gonna happen. The power differential would be awkward and I need my team to work well together.

We do listen to you, though, Tana. 3nodding  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:42 pm
Remaining mods? A two person conversation, brilliant.

If you didn't get this: I don't want to be a mod. I just don't want to have to tell mods if something is going awry, breaking the rules, et cetera.

The only thing I want, guild related right now, is for the entire damn guild to wisen up to what the index could mean for the guild. It's for the better of the damn guild if guild members themselves step up and take responsibility for the betterment of all of us. I'd even offer to help if I didn't already think Kiki is more than competent for the job.

-Oh, and perhaps the continuation of avatar contests, I missed out on its entirety and I wouldn't mind either competing or hosting one.

---
On an unrelated note, that damn subbie of yours drives me nuts with curiosity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm
Tanakietsu
Remaining mods? A two person conversation, brilliant.

stare Ahhh . . . now you get righteous. There are more than you think, and the moment anything is brought to any of our attention, it is taken care of. Your finding it first doesn't mean we are doing a bad job, just means that something didn't get seen before you. Back off.

Tanakietsu
If you didn't get this: I don't want to be a mod. I just don't want to have to tell mods if something is going awry, breaking the rules, et cetera.

If you didn't get it, you are not going to BE a mod. You are respected, but not going to be let in under any circumstances, so don't be too worried. See above for answer to your rant.

Tanakietsu
The only thing I want, guild related right now, is for the entire damn guild to wisen up to what the index could mean for the guild. It's for the better of the damn guild if guild members themselves step up and take responsibility for the betterment of all of us. I'd even offer to help if I didn't already think Kiki is more than competent for the job.

I cannot enforce a way of thinking, and was the one to approve ultimately of Kiki's idea. If it turns out half as good as it appears to be, I will gladly sticky it for everybody to see. The only reason I didn't immediately do so was to prevent anything of poorer quality from getting official standing. I respect and like Kiki, but she was an unknown going into this, so I was reserved. As for the members, I allow them to make up their own damned minds, as it was when I joined this place. THAT is one of the Refuge's strengths and what makes it one of the last places of Gaia worth a damn anymore.

Tanakietsu
On an unrelated note, that damn subbie of yours drives me nuts with curiosity.

Kyouske started it, I merely kept it for it is a worthy place to discuss things openly without the enclave of Refugees influencing our discussion. That is what this thread is for.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 pm
wooo. heated debate. Means I cant heckle Tana over the lack of reply in PS.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 pm
Not likely a good time, Skreemer, but given Tana's abilities, he could likely argue with me and make a decent post there at the same time.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:59 pm
This would have gone a whole lot smoother if we could get a room and duke it out.

Certainly I see your points as valid, #1 - I was getting ahead of myself. #2, blah blah blah, the same side seen on both ends.

#3 You cannot enforce people to read it, nor will it be stickied unless pending trial. Great, a losing battle for action. It's not my fight, I'll back off only for that. I still feel strongly about this - mind you.

#4 Erm, I wasn't questioning the subbie, at any means.

My tirades will not end, nor should they be expected to.

Given my abilities? Talon, you're giving me way to much credit on that note.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:01 pm
So on every front, we respect each other's opinions . . . disagree . . . and recognize the fact that we feel strongly about it. We both want what is best for the guild, and I am fine leaving it at that. Just don't think that I am taking a laid back approach to it.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:03 pm
*munches on peppermints and watches*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:04 pm
Wrong, on the priciple of the first, I, in a sense apologized.

The second, we both agree.

The index - highly arguable.

Subbie - I don't even care, I just said it makes me curious as it says "where we talk about you behind your back".

Tanakietsu

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:10 pm
*Eats popcorn in the cheap seats*  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 2782 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games