Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cult RPG. New ******** update@@@@@@==== ((page 118)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:02 am
Dark_Links
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
Ribbin
[Kegan]
Denko
If you guys are serious about buying it, at least try the trial first. You don't know what you're getting into.
Lol, seriously, unless you can read and write ruby, it's not gonna be any fun. I can't, I could only change the names of things and make shitty sprites.

Actually, I'm able to do quite a lot without knowing any Ruby.

But to actually pay money for it, you should want to really do something with it. And if you want to make a full blown, well done RPG like Denko, then Ruby helps A LOT.

That is sort of what I was planing, the 'full blown,' part. Well, not like what Denko is doing with the cult. sweatdrop

30 days sound too short for me to make what I want in time. Unless I plan everything, from map making to coding, before I get the trial.

Also, what is Ruby? Sorry if I am not up to date with everything in the world. sweatdrop
I think Ruby is suppose to help, it is a help of sorts. it makes life easy.

But what is it? Does it making coding easier?
i dunno, just from what i'm seeing, it helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:05 am

Can't wait for the full game.

What the Pho

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:06 am
~Xiloscent~
i bet this is cool.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
if you make anymore sprites, send them to me and i'll animate them in Photo shop.

i get (dice roll) Exp! i leveled up!

str +2
int +2
spd +1
wis +2
con +3
dex+1

Wow, your sig looks awesome! =D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:08 am
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
Ribbin

But to actually pay money for it, you should want to really do something with it. And if you want to make a full blown, well done RPG like Denko, then Ruby helps A LOT.

That is sort of what I was planing, the 'full blown,' part. Well, not like what Denko is doing with the cult. sweatdrop

30 days sound too short for me to make what I want in time. Unless I plan everything, from map making to coding, before I get the trial.

Also, what is Ruby? Sorry if I am not up to date with everything in the world. sweatdrop

Ruby IS the coding. It's the language that Denko probably speaks almost as fluently as english. =P

It's user friendly enough to not need it for most things, but even then, you'll still be confused trying to figure out how to use it even without Ruby. It takes a while.

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 am
Ribbin
~Xiloscent~
i bet this is cool.
if you make anymore sprites, send them to me and i'll animate them in Photo shop.

str +2
int +2
spd +1
wis +2
con +3
dex+1

yay somebody noticed ZEE LOO! (my knock off of WEE GEE.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:07 am
Ribbin
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
Ribbin

Ruby IS the coding. It's the language that Denko probably speaks almost as fluently as english. =P

It's user friendly enough to not need it for most things, but even then, you'll still be confused trying to figure out how to use it even without Ruby. It takes a while.

I'm a quick learner, so hopefully I won't be confused for very long.  

Dark_Links

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 pm
Dark_Links
Ribbin
~Xiloscent~
Dark_Links
~Xiloscent~

I'm a quick learner, so hopefully I won't be confused for very long.

In that case, you'll probably be able to figure it out yourself. Just takes a bit to figure out the whole switches business. Oh and aside from switches there's something else about counters, anyway, they'll be the core of your games.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm
~Xiloscent~
Ribbin
~Xiloscent~
i bet this is cool.

str +2
int +2
spd +1
wis +2
con +3
dex+1

Hey Xilo, I noticed when your sprite faces to the right, it doesn't bob when he walks.

Just thought I'd point that out...

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:29 pm
Harusame Mizukishi
~Xiloscent~
Ribbin
~Xiloscent~
i bet this is cool.

str +2
int +2
spd +1
wis +2
con +3
dex+1

Hey Xilo, I noticed when your sprite faces to the right, it doesn't bob when he walks.

Just thought I'd point that out...

That's because it's the part in the dance where he moonwalks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 pm
Lulz, now you all want to make RPGs. Pshhhh. It's not that easy, guys.
And yeah, Ribbin was mostly right about Ruby (Actually Ruby 2 for RMVX). It's what RMVX is written in, and basically the engine gives you default code that is totally re-writable. You can do pretty much anything you want with Ruby, basically. Only thing RMVX can't do is play .avi files (movies) but there are guys working on a hack for that in a deep nook of the RPG Maker community.  

Denko

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 pm
Ribbin
[Kegan]
Denko
If you guys are serious about buying it, at least try the trial first. You don't know what you're getting into.
Lol, seriously, unless you can read and write ruby, it's not gonna be any fun. I can't, I could only change the names of things and make shitty sprites.

I exaggerated, but yeah, You can also just be a good "franken-coder"... I mean, you'll need it if you want an original game, lolz.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:45 pm
Denko
And yeah, Ribbin was mostly right about Ruby (Actually Ruby 2 for RMVX). It's what RMVX is written in, and basically the engine gives you default code that is totally re-writable. You can do pretty much anything you want with Ruby, basically. Only thing RMVX can't do is play .avi files (movies) but there are guys working on a hack for that in a deep nook of the RPG Maker community.

So by using ruby you changed the battle screen to third person? And yes, I am aware that a lot of things in life are not easy. However, the way I see it, it will be more anoying than hard. burning_eyes  

Dark_Links

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm
I would hate all of that coding crap. Artwork and story I would have loads of fun with, but not the coding. Coding bores me so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:28 pm
Denko
ooo cinematic scene of epic final battle! that'd make the game complete 110% epic.  

Xilo The Odd

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:29 pm
~Xiloscent~
Denko
ooo cinematic scene of epic final battle! that'd make the game complete 110% epic.

Holy ********, yeah.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games