Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:48 pm
And both of these games had such potential to be soooooo coooooool.....  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:50 pm
Well, I dunno, RE4 looks like it was doomed from the start. It's like they were trying to emulate OTHER horror and fantasy games from the beginning.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:59 pm
Well, yeah, but that's Capcom being dumb. I mean the concept. Parasites can work. We've talked about it before. Like a scientific upgrade from leech DNA. And Leon, ya know, he's tolerable. Unrealistic to the point that it's a sin, but tolerable.

I mean regardless of how Capcom approached the game, there was some potential for coolness. They shattered that in seconds, but it was there at one point.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:03 am
I dunno... I mean, it definitely had potential to be less bad...
But it would've either involved puppet monsters or black fog on what looks like a Final Fantasy airship.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:06 am
You know.... in some ways I'm glad the series is going down the tubes. It means that we can be true fans, and separate the noobs with a lot of ease and grace.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:02 am
Yeah, but the problem is, half the noobs you speak of, only spawned AFTER the release of RE4. They wouldn't be there at all otherwise.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 am
I think that RE4 is also more popular because it isn't scary. Horror never does better than action. Ever. Because people feel the need to criticize it. You can't really criticize action because it's all loosely the same thing. That and, I was just informed that 'zombie' is a nerdy concept (whatever the hell that means). So I'm guessing the popular kids wouldn't play it otherwise...
So is it possible that the noobs spawned because RE4 wasn't as... nerdy...? (wtf...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:20 am
That's a really good point.

I have always been a nerd, so I never noticed a difference.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:32 pm
Me too, and my friends are all nerdy. And we all love zombies. But that group of friends is the only one that likes classic RE. The others don't at all, but they love RE4. So I did a little survey and it proved positive =

It's still just a theory, but my statistics are supporting it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm
Well, it's still not justified.
I mean, that's the whole point of genres.
You know what sells more? RPGs. Maybe they should make RE have turn based combat, with leveling up and character classes... Although I wouldn't be surprised.

But even then... How the hell does Capcom have the nerve to say that they're "reinventing the horror genre". That's the biggest load of bullcrap I've ever heard. And now, you have all the noobs defending RE4 by saying, "It revolutionized horror games!" rolleyes  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 pm
Haha I know it's not justified. But it does show that there are more idiots in the world than cool people. XD

Hey, Wasn't RE4 released during a big action hype? Even Square was screwing around with their games. Final Fantasy was becoming more action based at the time. FFXII was realeased only a year after RE4 with a RealTime battle system instead of a simple RPG (and that game was horrible too. Gee.) According to the trailer for FFXIII, they're not going back to reg. RPGs either. Why is everyone changing so much? x_X

(And a Resident Evil RPG would be the most f'ing retarded thing EVER. confused )  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:38 pm
Everyone is changing because there's all these a*****e critics on IGN and Gamespot who have a really REALLY bad case of ADD, so they don't want to wait for Turn Based battles in Final Fantasy, and don't want to take the effort to learn the Resident Evil controls. So they go, making their little editorials about how every RE game is the same, and crap like that.
You know, games that have been running as long as Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy etc. should ONLY be critiqued by fans of the series. Because by now, these series have a solid fanbase and what's important is: How does it compare to the previous titles?  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 pm
Apparently the fans don't count. We're losing value... sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 pm
Yeah, well, video games just aren't the same. Back around the year 2000, that's when the games were amazing. Sure, they didn't have the best graphics all the time, and plenty of other technical limitations, but those were the good ol' days... I miss it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:07 pm
*sniffle* Me too... =<

And all of the losers are like "WHUT GAMEZ SUK'D IN 2000" because they don't know any better.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games