Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 pm
Garland-Green

Welcome to the guild Dina, and God bless you sister! smile
Is my impression right when I think that it was very strict during Communism, and that Christianity was outlawed? I saw a movie recently from the culture revolution in China based on a true story, and it was terrible to be a Christian during it. You were viewed as an enemy, or as someone espousing an idea that was in the way of Communism. Was it any similar in Bulgaria? What is your painting style? Do you use acrylics?

Thank you! Oh, the Bulgarian church is in a great mess, I hate to say, but they are working their way out of it. I could talk about this at length, but I think it would clutter this thread. The biggest problem was that the secret police infiltrated the church -- this happened in the Russian Church during Communism, as well, hence the differences between the Russian Orthodox Church and ROCOR. Bulgaria is a smaller country, I don't think the damage was quite as bad. So, what I'm trying to say, is that it was much more devious than one side being against another.

DW English (German TV) just had a lengthy report on it, it's truthful, but I hate that the only time that they put something up about the church it's something bad.

The Bishop's Files

I really like painting wildlife and nature art. I paint in realistic style for the most part -- I started out with the intent of being a scientific illustrator, but switched to regular illustration. Sometimes I do cartoons and comics. I love telling stories with pictures.

I mostly paint in watercolor and water soluble inks -- you have more control with a brush than you do with a pen once you're used to it, so inks feel very natural to me. Very rarely I paint in acrylics. When I do, it's for a base glaze so I can hurry up and get started on my oils. I don't have a studio at the moment, though, so I'm not doing anything that can't dry in an hour or two, as much as I enjoy all the different medias.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 pm
Hello! Newbie here smile
Been on gaia since forever (since I was like... 7? im 19 now!)
My real name is Abby.

1. Name your pets
Shasta - husky
Paco - rat terrier
Smokey - Siamese cat

2. List your favorite Bible verse
I don't really have a favorite, I am just thankful that there are so many verses that can give you hope, encouragement, and love when you need it.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Favorite book... hmm... I would have to say my most favorite would be proverbs just because it is literally a human manual. Everything is true in how we do things.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
I was baptized as a Baptist, but through some unfortunate events, I quit going to that church and went across town to the Assembly of God Church, and then went to a Christian denominated church camp/singing/drama tour group. So I am nondemo smile

5. The name of your country
USA 3nodding

6. Your favorite color
1.Orange
2. Yellow

7. Your occupation :
I am a student at a junior college currently. I am a sophomore by credit hours but a freshman by years in college rolleyes 3nodding
I am majoring in Ag science, and I am really thinking hard about becoming a vet tech emotion_kirakira emotion_yatta emotion_c8  

Shamoalo

Feral Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Artistic Wizard

Angelic Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:57 am
Hi guys! You can calle Me Art, or Wiz, or just by my first name, Marge. Hi all! I'm hoping that this is an active guild that could encourage me with my beliefs. I cannot attend church regularly these past few years due to family stuff, I hope to have another spiritual family here in this guild smile

1. Name your pets
Crumpy-a dachshund mix female that I rescued, and her 2 children, Pao and Milo smile

Jeremiah 29:11 has always been my life verse smile I believe God has plans to make me successful despite all the trials I am facing smile

Proverbs. When I started reading the Bible, the book of proverbs helped me start because of its direct-to-the-point, and short verses. I have always loved sharing this book of the bible to my family and friends.

I was born in a Roman Catholic family, but was not very active, and was confused. In College, I attended a born-again Christian fellowship and that was when I decided to follow Christ and to be baptized as a Christian smile

The Philippines! Mabuhay!

6. Your favorite color
Blue <3

7. Your occupation :
I am a registered professional nurse, but am currently not working at a hospital. (Coz I hate hospitals)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:55 pm
Silvyee
Garland-Green

Welcome to the guild Dina, and God bless you sister! smile
Is my impression right when I think that it was very strict during Communism, and that Christianity was outlawed? I saw a movie recently from the culture revolution in China based on a true story, and it was terrible to be a Christian during it. You were viewed as an enemy, or as someone espousing an idea that was in the way of Communism. Was it any similar in Bulgaria? What is your painting style? Do you use acrylics?

Thank you! Oh, the Bulgarian church is in a great mess, I hate to say, but they are working their way out of it. I could talk about this at length, but I think it would clutter this thread. The biggest problem was that the secret police infiltrated the church -- this happened in the Russian Church during Communism, as well, hence the differences between the Russian Orthodox Church and ROCOR. Bulgaria is a smaller country, I don't think the damage was quite as bad. So, what I'm trying to say, is that it was much more devious than one side being against another.

DW English (German TV) just had a lengthy report on it, it's truthful, but I hate that the only time that they put something up about the church it's something bad.

The Bishop's Files

I really like painting wildlife and nature art. I paint in realistic style for the most part -- I started out with the intent of being a scientific illustrator, but switched to regular illustration. Sometimes I do cartoons and comics. I love telling stories with pictures.

I mostly paint in watercolor and water soluble inks -- you have more control with a brush than you do with a pen once you're used to it, so inks feel very natural to me. Very rarely I paint in acrylics. When I do, it's for a base glaze so I can hurry up and get started on my oils. I don't have a studio at the moment, though, so I'm not doing anything that can't dry in an hour or two, as much as I enjoy all the different medias.

The Norwegian Church is a great mess too. It used to be connected to the state, but is independent now. However there is a movement in the church to re-shape its view in accordance with the shifting views of society. Most Norwegians are members of this church. Once we are born we are baptized into it, It is much like the Catholic church in this respect. There interesting thing is that there are many small churches that are independent and not influenced by the state here in Norway. We have something called free churches. The term "free church" refers to a Christian denomination that is intrinsically separated from government (as opposed to a theocracy, or an "established" or state church). A free church does not define government policy, nor have governments define church policy or theology, nor seeks or receives government endorsement or funding for its general mission. The term is especially relevant in countries with established state churches.

Interesting... I always thought that eastern orthodox churches were all the same.

I'd love to see some of your art sometime. I've gone 6 years of art education, and though I don't make much art any more I really do appreciate art.

Water color was never a medium I was very good at. I used mostly acrylics. Tried oil painting, but I found it to be messy.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm
Shamoalo
Hello! Newbie here smile
Been on gaia since forever (since I was like... 7? im 19 now!)
My real name is Abby.

1. Name your pets
Shasta - husky
Paco - rat terrier
Smokey - Siamese cat

I don't really have a favorite, I am just thankful that there are so many verses that can give you hope, encouragement, and love when you need it.

Favorite book... hmm... I would have to say my most favorite would be proverbs just because it is literally a human manual. Everything is true in how we do things.

I was baptized as a Baptist, but through some unfortunate events, I quit going to that church and went across town to the Assembly of God Church, and then went to a Christian denominated church camp/singing/drama tour group. So I am nondemo smile

USA 3nodding

6. Your favorite color
1.Orange
2. Yellow

7. Your occupation :
I am a student at a junior college currently. I am a sophomore by credit hours but a freshman by years in college rolleyes 3nodding
I am majoring in Ag science, and I am really thinking hard about becoming a vet tech emotion_kirakira emotion_yatta emotion_c8

Hello and welcome to the guild Abby! Rat terriers are awesome!
I've got a Parson terrier.

What happened at your old church that made you switch churches?
You don't have to answer if you feel it is to personal.

God bless you, and thank you for joining us!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:07 pm
Artistic Wizard
Hi guys! You can calle Me Art, or Wiz, or just by my first name, Marge. Hi all! I'm hoping that this is an active guild that could encourage me with my beliefs. I cannot attend church regularly these past few years due to family stuff, I hope to have another spiritual family here in this guild smile

1. Name your pets
Crumpy-a dachshund mix female that I rescued, and her 2 children, Pao and Milo smile

Jeremiah 29:11 has always been my life verse smile I believe God has plans to make me successful despite all the trials I am facing smile

Proverbs. When I started reading the Bible, the book of proverbs helped me start because of its direct-to-the-point, and short verses. I have always loved sharing this book of the bible to my family and friends.

I was born in a Roman Catholic family, but was not very active, and was confused. In College, I attended a born-again Christian fellowship and that was when I decided to follow Christ and to be baptized as a Christian smile

The Philippines! Mabuhay!

6. Your favorite color
Blue <3

7. Your occupation :
I am a registered professional nurse, but am currently not working at a hospital. (Coz I hate hospitals)

Hello Marge and welcome to our guild! We hope that we can be a good family for you too, and that we can help one another grow. Give support to one another when we need it, Even trust one another enough to correct our brothers and sisters in love if that is needed. ^_^ I don't go to a church either because of family issues so I know just how you feel. There is a deep desires in us to be with our family. We are longing to be with the other members of the body of Christ.

Thank you very much for joining, and God bless you sister!

Out of curiosity; how is Christianity perceived in the Philippines by the majority? What is the most common religion/belief in the Philippines?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Artistic Wizard

Angelic Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:17 am
Garland-Green

Hello Marge and welcome to our guild! We hope that we can be a good family for you too, and that we can help one another grow. Give support to one another when we need it, Even trust one another enough to correct our brothers and sisters in love if that is needed. ^_^ I don't go to a church either because of family issues so I know just how you feel. There is a deep desires in us to be with our family. We are longing to be with the other members of the body of Christ.

Out of curiosity; how is Christianity perceived in the Philippines by the majority? What is the most common religion/belief in the Philippines?

Oh thank you for the welcome! And good question! We are the the top Christian country in Asia, and 5th in the world, 93% of the people here are Christian, but with different denominations, majority are Roman Catholic, but I found family in my Bron-again Christian brothers and sisters <3

My family doesn't like that I strayed out of the Catholic church, but they don't understand what i felt when I met Jesus, as my Savior, I wish they could attend my church too someday. Please pray with me <3 I already was able to bring one of my little brothers to church, and still hoping they would accept Jesus in their life <3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:35 am
Artistic Wizard
Garland-Green

Oh thank you for the welcome! And good question! We are the the top Christian country in Asia, and 5th in the world, 93% of the people here are Christian, but with different denominations, majority are Roman Catholic, but I found family in my Bron-again Christian brothers and sisters <3

My family doesn't like that I strayed out of the Catholic church, but they don't understand what i felt when I met Jesus, as my Savior, I wish they could attend my church too someday. Please pray with me <3 I already was able to bring one of my little brothers to church, and still hoping they would accept Jesus in their life <3

It is the same in my country. The majority of people belong to the church (they are baptized as infants, have a confirmation, get married and then finally are seen off by the church), but they are not saved as far as I am able to see. There is no new man being put on, no interest in God except during special events.There is no conversion moment when they believed and were saved. I am saying that because if it was true, then we can all be born into Christianity, and our parents can make a decision for us to believe and be saved. Did they say why they didn't like that you strayed from the Catholic church?

I will pray for your family. ^_^ <3 Keep praying for them.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Artistic Wizard

Angelic Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 am
Garland-Green

It is the same in my country. The majority of people belong to the church (they are baptized as infants, have a confirmation, get married and then finally are seen off by the church), but they are not saved as far as I am able to see. There is no new man being put on, no interest in God except during special events.There is no conversion moment when they believed and were saved. I am saying that because if it was true, then we can all be born into Christianity, and our parents can make a decision for us to believe and be saved. Did they say why they didn't like that you strayed from the Catholic church?

I think they just don't like me "converting" because they are close minded. And Looks like were on the same boat. Though, I don't want to generalize all Roman Catholics, I just think that majority of them in my country are too traditional and are more into the feast days and sacraments and what not. I never understood why we did all those things, and never felt that they really cared about my soul and my relationship with God and reading the Bible.

Where are you from?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:32 am
Artistic Wizard
Garland-Green

I think they just don't like me "converting" because they are close minded. And Looks like were on the same boat. Though, I don't want to generalize all Roman Catholics, I just think that majority of them in my country are too traditional and are more into the feast days and sacraments and what not. I never understood why we did all those things, and never felt that they really cared about my soul and my relationship with God and reading the Bible.

Where are you from?

I am from Norway. A little country up north, next to Sweden. With a little bit more than 5 million inhabitants. smile

I don't like generalizing either, we should met people as they are, and I do believe there are saved Catholics, just as there are saved people in the former state church of Norway.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

LadySmudgeling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 am
Hello,

I'm Smudge. So here are my stats:

1. Name your pets:

I have a miniature lop eared rabbit names Esther (she's adorable!).

2. List your favorite Bible verse:

My favourite bible verse has to be John 3 v16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

I love the book of proverbs

I'm a Christian. I was a catholic but moved to a different church.

I come from Ireland orignally, but I live in England

6. Your favorite color

I don't have a favourite colour, but i seem to draw towards pink or blue

7. Your occupation

I'm a student at university (studying early childhood studies).

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 pm
Um, hello, I'm Princess Zelda21. You can just call me Zelda. I'm from America, somewhere in the state of Washington. My favorite color is pink, and it's good to be here. Thank you to whomever invited me.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Marek James

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:34 am
1. Name your pets
6. Your favorite color
7. Your occupation

1. I don't have any pets anymore, my apartment does not allow them sad
2. My favorite verse is different depending on where I am at in my walk. Currently it tends to be verses about wisdom and getting through trials. I have been reading through psalms and proverbs a lot.
Proverbs 2 and Psalm 94:9-15, 17-19.
3. Same as number 2. Throw James in there too
4. I currently am a member at a CRC church called Providence. I have a very diverse background as far as Christian denominations and traditions. All of them Protestant, ranging from Independent Baptist (KJV only,suit and tie to church, church 3 times a week) to Assemblies of God (speaking in tongues, prophecy, much louder worship smile ) . I guess I would say that I'm just a follower of Jesus. I try to keep things simple and let the Spirit lead me in the Truth. I love where I'm at now and am looking forward to what God has for me in the future.
5. USA, Michigan, Grand Rapids
6. Blue
7. Currently I work full time for Andronaco doing shipping/receiving/logistics type work. Also taking some college classes part time at Davenport.

Please call me by my real name which is Michael smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm
LadySmudgeling
Hello,

I'm Smudge. So here are my stats:

1. Name your pets:

I have a miniature lop eared rabbit names Esther (she's adorable!).

2. List your favorite Bible verse:

My favourite bible verse has to be John 3 v16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

I love the book of proverbs

I'm a Christian. I was a catholic but moved to a different church.

I come from Ireland orignally, but I live in England

6. Your favorite color

I don't have a favourite colour, but i seem to draw towards pink or blue

7. Your occupation

I'm a student at university (studying early childhood studies).

Hello Smudge, and welcome to the guild.
What kind of church do you visit now? ^^ Just asking out of curiosity.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm
Princess Zelda21
Um, hello, I'm Princess Zelda21. You can just call me Zelda. I'm from America, somewhere in the state of Washington. My favorite color is pink, and it's good to be here. Thank you to whomever invited me.

Hello and welcome to the guild Zelda! (Zelda as in princess Zelda of the popular video games?) smile  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games