Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Indie Jesus

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:36 pm
Iabsolutely love Resident Evil 4 I thought it was a great new genre of Horror Survival; games the characters were great glad they brought back my favorite character Leon.
Ashley not so good...
THe monsters were cool looking the storyline was good plenty of secret stuff and action I thought it was overall good last boss fight really easy though compared to some other fights.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 pm
Then obviously this thread isn't for you.
I still don't see how people even think RE4 is considered survival horror, if it's not scary.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Takuha

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

I mean, you got El Gigante. Nothing in nature is that huge and can move so fast. It's anatomically inaccurate.
That is a really petty thing to dwell on, and the el Gigante's size is explained in the note that tells you how to kill the regenartors.
Biohazard EXTREME
You got The Chainsaw and Minigun people, WHY ARE THEY SO MUCH HARDER TO KILL than regular Ganados? Aside from the fact that it's to make the game harder, it's highly unrealistic. I mean, come on... Take J.J.'s gun away, give him a record deal and he'll be 50 Cent.
I agree it is unrealistic but since when has the resident evil series been realistic? For example, I own a huge company, this mansion is my main base that I have to go to everyday, I know, I'll replace all the keys with strangely shaped rocks and keys and then put these strangely shaped rocks and keys either in hard to reach places or inside puzzles, that will make my life easier.

Biohazard EXTREME
Despite what people said, I didn't find Regenerators to be scary. At all. I'm a sniper and taking them out was a piece of cake. Hearing them coming, I was more annoyed than scared.
All I can say is, thay scared me and the rest of world, bar a few.

Biohazard EXTREME
Worst yet was Saddler. Seriously, it is physically impossible to grow into something THAT huge without a supplement of massive nutrition. It's also impossible to have something that huge compressed inside a human body. That was the most unrealistic boss ever.
Again, really petty thing, the same could be said about nemesis when (it could be called) grows and gains the tenticals, or when sergei has a giant arm concealed in his body in Umbrella chronicles.

Biohazard EXTREME
As for the merchant... Well, it's not the merchant that bugged me, it's the whole idea of buying modifying weapons that missed me off. Seriously, I like RPG's, I like Fighting Games and I like Survival Horror. But to think that it'd be a good idea to combine either? I'd never think that for a second.
Just the same, it's not SURVIVAL when you buy your weapons and upgrade them.
Oh so finding better weapons is different intirelly to buying them yes definately.
Biohazard EXTREME
The weapons also had stupid names, "The Punisher!" Ooh! I'd rather see the name Mk.22, or P228. Not some fancy names. You know what has fancy names for weapons? RPG's.
Petty.
Biohazard EXTREME
I was really disappointed with the fact that RE would do something so stupid as combine the buying system with Survival Horror.
You have said.
Biohazard EXTREME

So far, I haven't found any Resident Evil game to be outstandingly hard. So why do we need a Handgun that's more powerful than a shotgun? Gimme a break.
Again I must say the word petty.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:31 pm
Hey, if you don't like my opinion, tough. I could spend days backing up my arguments, but I think I did enough of it.
Thankfully I got rid of this stupid game, and will never have to play it, or any other sequel that follows. And yes, that includes Umbrella Chronicles, which you mentioned, with Sergei's arm, I completely gree, that was also stupid. Hence why I don't consider Umbrella Chronicles, RE4, RE5, and pretty much anything hereafter a part of the series.

You can blindly accept everything Capcom releases. I chose to admit that Capcom took a major wrong turn with RE4, in where they want to take the series. Storyline is going downhill. As for gameplay... If you want to buy into Capcom's load of generic video games that are all exactly alike, (Resident Evil, Onimusha and Devil May Cry), which are slowly being fused into one generic title, feel free. Maybe that kind of thing appeals to littel kids, I don't know. But I've matured past it. I got better things to spend my money on.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:35 am
Takuha-

Lol, saying 'petty' over and over kinda seems petty in itself, doesn't it? wink

As far as your whole mansion statement, at least I found it enjoyable to collect keys and avoid traps in a creepy mansion. It might not have been realistic, but I enjoyed toying with the fact that it -could- happen. I know I wouldn't mind living in a mansion in the middle of the woods with a bunch of skeleton keys and traps.

But then again, I'm rather crazy.

More to the point, though, everyone has their own opinion... some of us just don't agree. I choose to continue to love the stuff about Resident Evil that made me fall in love with it in the first place, instead of accepting half-assed, money-maker crap that makes me want to kick things.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:17 am
NotteRequiem
Takuha-

As far as your whole mansion statement, at least I found it enjoyable to collect keys and avoid traps in a creepy mansion. It might not have been realistic, but I enjoyed toying with the fact that it -could- happen. I know I wouldn't mind living in a mansion in the middle of the woods with a bunch of skeleton keys and traps.

More to the point, though, everyone has their own opinion... some of us just don't agree. I choose to continue to love the stuff about Resident Evil that made me fall in love with it in the first place, instead of accepting half-assed, money-maker crap that makes me want to kick things.

Do you like resident evil 4 or not then?  

Takuha

Vankala

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:38 am
Takuha
NotteRequiem
Takuha-

Well, she did say she would rather not accept "half-assed, money-maker crap", so obviously not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:18 am
Takuha
NotteRequiem
Takuha-

I don't like it as a Resident Evil game. If it was something different, with no ties to the series, it's half-enjoyable. I still use the Merc game to take out a day's worth of frustrations, but that's about all of its use to me.

It marks the downfall of the series, unfortunately.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:07 pm
Notte, if it was something different with no ties to the series, it would be called "Devil May Cry". Well, minus the sword, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had swords in future RE games, the way Capcom is going.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:53 pm
NotteRequiem
Takuha-

Whoa. . . saying petty being a petty thing in itself? Sounds like we're getting into quantum physics, and since I flunked business calculus, I'm screwed. As for the insanity of normal sized people mutating into creatures and things five times their size, am I the only one who gets a perverse sense of pleasure as I watch people become oddly shaped monstrosities that both H.P. Lovecraft and H.G. Geiger could respect? Although you may not find it scary, the actual presentation of those creatures are still FANTASTIC! My most favored mutation was Alexia into her viral mutation forms.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 pm
Umm... Now, I'm not big on those authors, but correct me if I'm wrong when I say that H.P. Lovecraft did a lot of stuff on vampires and such. And you know where vampires belong? In the occult. If Resident Evil zombies were the old 'Voodoo' zombies, then sure, we're getting into paranormal, into the occult stuff. In which case, something growing 4 times its size in seconds, with no outside source of nourishment or material supplement is believable.

But the whole idea that Resident Evil zombies originated from a virus automatically establishes the fact that Resident Evil is a horror genre based on Science Fiction as opposed to the Occult. In which case, the creatures in RE4 fit in about as well as... T-Virus zombies would fit into the Silent Hill or Lord of the Rings series. Resident Evil isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. That's the difference.

Sure we could argue about how unrealistic some of the things in the classic RE games are, but there's a degree of realism.

It goes from absolute realism, such as what we actually have in this world. To Science Fiction, to Fantasy. It all depends on where the line is crossed. And RE4 crossed the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:37 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... Now, I'm not big on those authors, but correct me if I'm wrong when I say that H.P. Lovecraft did a lot of stuff on vampires and such. And you know where vampires belong? In the occult. If Resident Evil zombies were the old 'Voodoo' zombies, then sure, we're getting into paranormal, into the occult stuff. In which case, something growing 4 times its size in seconds, with no outside source of nourishment or material supplement is believable.

But the whole idea that Resident Evil zombies originated from a virus automatically establishes the fact that Resident Evil is a horror genre based on Science Fiction as opposed to the Occult. In which case, the creatures in RE4 fit in about as well as... T-Virus zombies would fit into the Silent Hill or Lord of the Rings series. Resident Evil isn't fantasy, it's science fiction. That's the difference.

Sure we could argue about how unrealistic some of the things in the classic RE games are, but there's a degree of realism.

It goes from absolute realism, such as what we actually have in this world. To Science Fiction, to Fantasy. It all depends on where the line is crossed. And RE4 crossed the line between Science Fiction and Fantasy.
H. P. Lovecraft's works are actually about primitive humans using occult practices to worship celestial beings from other planes of existence who had access to wondrous technologies the human race could NEVER comprehend unless they be driven mad. *Ack-hem* All hail Cthulu! And H.G. Geiger is the designer of the Xenomorphs' original concepts from the Alien franchise.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 am
Well, I don't know about any of that. But my point is, Resident Evil 4's monsters (and settings) crossed the line from Science Fiction into Fantasy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm
Well like any game RE4 did have some flaws and good stuff.

flaws:
lack of puzzles.
barely any talk about wesker and umbrella
barely any dark places.
not really horror.
the fact that you must protect ashley.
ammo is damn near everywhere.
no blue herb=no poison

good stuff:
third person camera now behind the back
mercenaries mode
atache case
merchant
still keeping to the name Biohazard
variety of weapons.
you use your knife more often then ever

i could list more but those were the main parts.
its not a great game but it is balanced  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:28 pm
Merchant and Behind the Back camera I wouldn't consider good things. Especially the merchant. Why didn't they have Inns all over the place where you could heal your character? And Hi-Potions and Phoenix Downs, while they're at it.

And attache case is available in almost every other RE game. Only it's called a side pack. And either way, the inventory system was terrible. You spend half the time rearranging your items. The old version of RE4, the one that was on some demo disc, that I don't remember where it came from, actually had the old inventory system with 8 spaces in it. They should've kept it.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games