Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
.:: Chinese Dim Sum ::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dim Sum?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 47 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
What is Dim Sum?
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 57

yalie5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:51 am
wiim
Oooh, here's a question my mom asked me. Here's an emperor and an empress, which would you call a ha gao and which a siu mai? lol

I don't know. which?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:54 pm
shinelover
sasa_powa_4eva
FullMetal_Pirate
sasa_powa_4eva
FullMetal_Pirate
Mmmmm...dim sum. My favorites are lai wong bao, egg tart, ma lai gou ( its like sponge cake but less spongey xD), hmmm....and sticky rice!
Miam! I like all those!

Oh by the way, you like Twins? I love them too!
xd

I love Twins whee

Oh which one do u prefer? (I know Im kinda out of topic! lol)

i think i like Gill more la~ ^__^

Oh really? A lot of people that I know prefer Charlene! I personally like both! hehe!  

sasa_powa_4eva

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:56 pm
wiim
Oooh, here's a question my mom asked me. Here's an emperor and an empress, which would you call a ha gao and which a siu mai? lol
Euh... dunno... ha hao for emperess and siu mai for emperor? (Just like that!)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:16 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
FullMetal_Pirate
sasa_powa_4eva
FullMetal_Pirate
Mmmmm...dim sum. My favorites are lai wong bao, egg tart, ma lai gou ( its like sponge cake but less spongey xD), hmmm....and sticky rice!
Miam! I like all those!

Oh by the way, you like Twins? I love them too!
xd

I love Twins whee

Oh which one do u prefer? (I know Im kinda out of topic! lol)

I like Charlene better xd  

FullMetal_Pirate

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:50 am
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim

I know what the question is asking for but I don't know which is which lol. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:50 pm
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim

I know what the question is asking for but I don't know which is which lol. sweatdrop
Heh heh! The white ones with shrimp are ha gao and the yellow ones are siu mai. And Sasa, your answer was the same as mine. But my mom said that ha gao should be the emperor because shrimp is more expensive than whatever is inside siu mai. That's what my mom sad at least. sweatdrop  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Syeori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 am
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
which is which again? rolleyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:28 pm
In Mandarin, it's huang hou for emperess and gou wang for emperor. XD  

True.Mendacity

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:35 pm
wiim
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim

Heh heh! The white ones with shrimp are ha gao and the yellow ones are siu mai. And Sasa, your answer was the same as mine. But my mom said that ha gao should be the emperor because shrimp is more expensive than whatever is inside siu mai. That's what my mom sad at least. sweatdrop
Oh... so that's the answer... oh well, I'm wrong then. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:47 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim

hmm... well in that case i think the two of you were right. since the shrimp is more expensive than the siu mai wouldn't the ha gao be the empress since she's expensive to keep and the emperor be the siu mai since he could be really cheap? 0.o am prolly biased on that. lol  

yalie5

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:35 am
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim

hmm... well in that case i think the two of you were right. since the shrimp is more expensive than the siu mai wouldn't the ha gao be the empress since she's expensive to keep and the emperor be the siu mai since he could be really cheap? 0.o am prolly biased on that. lol

Yeah... ok... *confused*...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:32 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
yalie5

well the ha gao is the ha gao because ha is shrimp, right?
and siu mai is jsut something else

ha gao is closed while siu mai is showing the pork or whatever's inside at the top and is obviously open there  

[J.C.]

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:36 am
Kurama35
sasa_powa_4eva
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva
wiim
yalie5

ha gao is closed while siu mai is showing the pork or whatever's inside at the top and is obviously open there

umm... i don't get it...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:16 pm
yalie5
Kurama35
sasa_powa_4eva
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva

umm... i don't get it...

gonk you're definetly doing this just to annoy me xp  

[J.C.]

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:40 pm
Kurama35
yalie5
Kurama35
sasa_powa_4eva
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva

umm... i don't get it...

gonk you're definetly doing this just to annoy me xp
lol I think so!  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out