Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 pm

Doing nothing was the very thing Allen had kept Ansem around to avoid. 'Living' as it were, was more interesting by far than whatever his existence when not summoned was.
In other words, he needed something to do. Someone had sent a mission out to recover 'Good Omens' but that was not Allen's priority, nor could he expedite it.
Actually, the Harbinger of Destruction had no priorities. Just the order 'man the Library.' Which was quite boring, actually, since there was nothing to do.
It would be significantly more interesting if the other were to show up. He had proved to be most interesting last he was here.
But what was he going to do? Normally he caused problems for Ansem... or fought things that snuck into the upper stories--neither of which were viable options right now.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 am

A thin figure formed in a chair, not just thin but gaunt, not just gaunt but almost... dead looking. The figures head rolled to one side with the sound of streatching leather. Its jaw slowly fell away from its mouth and it groaned.

Leeshay had taken his time to reform it seemed, something blocking the proper flow of his phylacteric powers. However, another side effect seemed to be taking place.

The body was sweeling slightly, moisture returning to it. TIme pased, and months past. THe skin became elastic, the muscles regrew from near dust, the bones vanished from view.

THe whole sequence took half an hour and was quite grotesque, but the Lich King regained his material form, the form from the exact moment he died. His skin was pale and his body still very old, but it would pass for living for the time being.

"Well, it seems I've been gone longer then I thought...." he said, slowly rising to his feet. "And," he said, looking at the small kiosk "that the library has seen beter days."

He smirked with sombre wisdom and dignity, as only one who had died truly could. "I can only imagine what that would mean has to be done to rebuild it."

He shut his eyes and wlked slowly over to the book return. As he went, dstu rose from the surface of his body and circled slowly arund him.

He gestured with one hand and three vibrant souls apeared out of the air, he gestured with the other, and the dust coalesed into the flutering form of countless pages.

And then his eyes opened, dull and almost entierly opaque. He brought his two hands together, and a great, diabolic rune apeared beneath his feet. HIs body seemed to wither slightly skin pulling tighter aginst his bones.

There was a vibrant, vile glow, and something large and heavy manifest in his hands.

THe Lich King spoke softly, "I thank you for letting me keep this for so long, I hope that my restoration has made up for the lateness of its return."

He slid the book into the cheut and watched it vanish quickly.

The Cursed Apocraph had been returned.

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 am

"As far as I know, very little. I thought Alabaster burned that." Allen remarked, watching the book fall. "I'll have to make it a new card." He mused, turning back to the Lich King, pulling a card over and beginning to fill it out with out looking, his inhuman writing flowing like printed script in the blanks. "Impressive job." He glanced at the completed form, then tossed it over his shoulder, down the chute.
He'd forgotten--no card catalog to put it in.
Ansem had better get back soon and fix the Library. Allen was getting bored with nothing to do.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:27 am

"As did I," came Alabaster's wheezing statement from his armchair inside the small kiosk. "I was sure I did a complete and through job of it too. Did you replace it with a replica, Sir Leeshay? Darned clever and sinister, I'd say."

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Leeshay chuckled slightly, his voice a little louder and stronger then it normaly was, thanks to actualy having lungs. A small knowing smile still on his face,

"Oh, its a bit more then a replica I'd say...." he gestured downward with one hand and a coil of steel slowly curling down his arm. It sprouted spines and hooks and barbas, taking the form of the Lich's evil walking stick.

"Remember that the book had souls bound to it. Well, There was enough of those left after it's burning that I could glean all the knowledge. Indeed, the souls should eventualy turn it into an exact replica of what the book once was.... even the spelling error on page 258...."

He slowy returned to the chair he had apeared in, "Granted, I took the liberty of putting simple illusions to hide some of the more malicious designs in the book.... hopefully that'll keep it from controlling any mortal who would stumble apon it...." he snaped his somewhat lively fingers and his assortment of old robes suddenly pulled in and reformed into the suit of a court noble.

"Well, that and a few things along the line of anti fire spells...." he shot a bit of a glare at alabaster.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:07 pm

"It took quite a bit of time to decide which page to stick a spelling error on! I personally thought that 258 was the ideal place."

Alabaster scowled and pulled out a piece of classification tape and scrawled "LIBRARY RESOURCE ONLY! NOT TO LEAVE THE PREMISES! LIBRARIAN ACCESS ONLY!" across the tape.

He flicked it into the chute with the murmured instructions, "Cursed Apocraph."

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:21 pm

"You could have tried a little harder if you ask me.... I mean, there wasn't even an akward pun caused by it." said the Lich King with a suprisingly benign chuckle.

"NO reson to get so possesive though..." he warned.

"Still, is there anything we can do to... perhapse speed up the process a little bit?"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:13 pm

"We could just stick it in the basement and leave it there--worked well enough until it burned." Allen said, leaning back and twisting his chair idly.
He stopped suddenly, turning looked over at Alabaster.
"Is there a book on the Library anywhere?"
Now why hadn't he thought of that before?
All of the Tenth Sea was down that chute, actually. If Ansem had been nice enough to leave a journal or something, it would probably be in that mess, too. Probably not worth looking for, but there.

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:18 pm

"Well then, why don't we give it a try." said Leeshay, walking up to the cheut.

"I'd like to run a search on all books related to the library itself. Specificly its creation, or Master Ansem to narow it down." Leeshay quickly began making some hand gestures, he had a feeling he might have still not been specific enough on his search. And knowing the Library, he would be crushed under all the books it might give him...

His skin suddenly dried and hardened, taking on a frightening, though not dead look. More like stone then like mumiffied flesh. "Let's see if that works, shall we?"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:18 pm

"Of course there is. Why do you ask?"
Alabaster leaned a little farther back in his armchair.
"I'm always surprised when you, Allen, of all people, seem interested in a book rather than beating up the poor mosters that lurk within the forbidden floors."

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:51 pm

"Don't make me hurt you," He returned. Even if it was true: he'd rather move than read. Especially when weighed down by the Chains of Binding. Alabaster might could make him sweat, though, to use a human idiom. The thought made him perk up a bit. "I thought it might be useful."
He glanced over at the Lich King. "And you're just asking for it, Leeshay." It would be his own bookish tomb, unless the Library turned contrary. Allen wasn't going to try and predict it: fickle place.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Ping!
A massive tome thicker than Leeshay was tall hurtled up through the book chute and landed with a thud beside him. Seconds later, a second book flew up out of the chute and landed on the first. This one was only about the size of a normal dictionary. The first was labeled "A Serious History of the Tenth Sea Library" and the second, "Afos Nahd Sem, A Brief Biography".

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Unruly walked around a pile of rubble as she entered Tenth Sea grounds reading the novel she was sent to fetch. Completly imeresed in the book she did not even notice that she had arrived.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:22 pm

Leeshay smiled widely as he looked at the books. "Well, it looks like I've got my reading cut out for me.... Exclent."

He held out an increasingly more and more leathery hand, snaping his fingers with a dark flash. Several zombies seemed to wander into the area, looking, with their near signature twenty yard glaze, first to their master, and then ot the books.

"Now gents, lets move it somewhere out of the way, shall we?"

The zombies began to heft the book slowly away from its landing spot.

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:55 pm

"Welcome back Unruly!" called Alabaster Soluna, "I see you've found Good Omens! Your next task is to recover the book Creating Souls for Dummies by I. Amwhoam. It was borrowed by Hasmat, a member of the Hunter Clan some time ago."
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games