Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:53 am
ban them!

If they re-apply for a membership then we either accept or reject them based on their application.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:00 am
Isn't that a bit harsh? We have 84 members and we're getting rid of all but 29 of them? sweatdrop Sounds a bit extreme to me.  

Khorkalba

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:19 am
They haven't been in here in a month.

Ban the bastards.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:27 am
Agreed. Who will do the banning?

I will be upgrading the rules' sticky with information concerning events and contests within the Guild. I will also add the "Census Manager" function, which will be encharged with the Census thread, and the banning of people who are not active.

If you have suggestions, please name them.  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:51 am
I'll do the banning. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:57 pm
What? I made the thread, though... xp  

curumo

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:25 pm
I was thinking of putting Curumo on the place, but since Thaxul took it...I don't know...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:21 pm
Too late, I see.  

Falathrim

Thaxul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:15 am
Yes, I took it upon my self to ban them all. You asked for a volunteer, I volunteered and followed through.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:25 pm
Wow. This Arbrethil impresses me. Not only am I accepting her, as I am inviting her into the Last Alliance Guild! (Heard that, Fala?)  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Thaxul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:47 am
new request. Seems average, but I would accept them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:31 pm
New request (don't know whether this is the one Thaxul was talking about or not)

Please tell me I'm not the only one with the urge to PM them asking them which books they have read, exactly? Can I? Please? Anybody have a problem with that?

I'm curious as to what books they have actually read >_< Because I somehow doubt that they have read every book that Tolkien has written except for two.

And they didn't fill out the form sweatdrop  

Zurgi

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:34 pm
Either we talk about revamping the entry guidelines, or I take matters into my own hands.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:58 pm
Okay, okay, I say no to that person who applied because he didn't fill out the form.

As per the entry guidelines:

I think they are fairly good, although I really think something should be in there stating that if the form is not filled out then they are not accepted into the guild. Whichever Crew member spots the formless request first just declines the request.

And the fact that they should "at least see one of the movies" (it says something along those lines) should be out of there. I personally think they should have at least READ Lord of the Rings.

I mean, sure, not everyone who has just seen the movies is an annoying fangirl, but they're going to get lost in the discussions (when they do crop up) if they have just seen the movies. And it's not all that hard to just read Lord of the Rings.

Edit: Although people will get lost in discussions sometimes without having read Silmarillion, but at least we know that if they have read LOTR then there is more of a chance of them going on to read the Silmarillion from what they hear us talking about.  

Zurgi

curumo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:06 pm
I think that the join form is adequate, but there should be a question as to whether the applicant has read the rules. And I think that all of the fields should be required, rather than just the ones marked with an asterisk. Otherwise, what is the point in having them?

And I like Zurgi's idea of denying non-form filler-outers on the spot.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff