Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaxul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:00 pm
The Oscars are just on TV here now. But it doesn't show the full thing. It leaves out most of the awards. It just passed the part where Beyonce sang the french song...I dunno what it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Alfirin IV
Though I laughed when some guy said "I'm glad there wasn't a fourth Lord of the Rings movie." when he accepted his award.

Haha, yeah, it was the award for CG or whatever, I think.

Hilary Swank's dress scared me. The front looked so conservative with a high neckline and what not..and then the camera angle changes and you see her back....really low cut in the back...

Bleh.  

Zurgi

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:08 pm
Zurgi
Alfirin IV
Though I laughed when some guy said "I'm glad there wasn't a fourth Lord of the Rings movie." when he accepted his award.

Haha, yeah, it was the award for CG or whatever, I think.

Hilary Swank's dress scared me. The front looked so conservative with a high neckline and what not..and then the camera angle changes and you see her back....really low cut in the back...

Bleh.

Terribly awful dress.

And yeah I laughed when the guy said that. I had even commented on that myself earlier. I said "I bet they're all thinking 'at least there's no LotR movie this time, I might have a chance!'" and it was funny. Sadly I was alone so this comment was wasted but meh xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:37 pm
Nienna of the Valar

I loved his Bush/The Gap joke! xd

xd xd
I remember that.. starting a war with Banana Republic. Whee. I only saw the beginning, so I missed the LOTR thing.

And yes, Hilary Swank's dress was just disturbing. gonk  

Melian

Caeleste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:44 pm
Beyonce singing made me die inside. She KILLED MY BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:14 am
I didn't even know the Oscars were on. Shows you how much I pay attention. Or what I pay attention to.

Alfirin IV

Don't worry; she'll get her comeuppance! I don't know how, and I don't know when, but it sure was satisfying to use the word comeuppance.  

Nimbrethil

Onoj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:54 am
Nimbrethil
I didn't even know the Oscars were on. Shows you how much I pay attention. Or what I pay attention to.

Alfirin IV

Don't worry; she'll get her comeuppance! I don't know how, and I don't know when, but it sure was satisfying to use the word comeuppance.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:17 am
Arg, I just watched Vanity Fair, and Reese Witherspoon speaking french just makes me die more.
Come on! French isn't THAT hard to speak! If you can pronounce things in spanish, you can pronounce them in french.

*grumble grumble* They could at least have gotten somebody who could speak french to sing that song, instead of Beyonce. I was just WAITING for her to say "Bootylicious" or something like that.  

Caeleste

Thaxul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:49 am
Haha! My french accent sucks! xp I dunno how they will understand me in France!

Btw, I'll be going there on the 10th! whee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:54 am
Alfirin IV
Arg, I just watched Vanity Fair, and Reese Witherspoon speaking french just makes me die more.
Come on! French isn't THAT hard to speak! If you can pronounce things in spanish, you can pronounce them in french.

*grumble grumble* They could at least have gotten somebody who could speak french to sing that song, instead of Beyonce. I was just WAITING for her to say "Bootylicious" or something like that.

Ok that last thing made me laugh.

And I've been in french since I was 6... and um... my pronounciation is awful. But the majority of my grade thought french was a joke and I never was able to do well. Speaking anyway. I was a shy kid and hated speaking in front of the class that were always mean to me. My marks were always high 80s and low 90s though. But yeah... bad pronounciation.  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Falathrim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:49 am
I took French for five years and my pronunciation is awful.

Please note that, given America's god-awful public education system, five years of French is a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:53 pm
I took French for 6 years and my pronunciation is pretty awful in my opinion xd

There's also the fact that the teachers teach you the wrong pronunciation and then keep telling you that it's right. This I only recently learned when listening to one of my French Immersion friends speak the language.  

Zurgi

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:17 pm
thaxul
Haha! My french accent sucks! xp I dunno how they will understand me in France!

Btw, I'll be going there on the 10th! whee

I'm so jealous!

I wish I could speak French and go to France. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:01 pm
I've been learning french for about 6ish years as well and is sure as hell cannot talk with a good accent....  

Imyavie

curumo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:06 pm
Yaay. Guilds are baaack.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games