Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:04 pm
It was one of the ideas I played around with in the back of my head in the past.

I just had trouble setting up a nice, engaging story. Actually I prefer Air Bending the most (I've been repeatedly proven to be of the wind element).
I like it because the only element that focuses on Neutral "Jing", unlike the other elements.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 pm
Hrm... I like Airbending as well. Firebending is also the shiz, [especially with Sozin's comet! <3] but somehow I just like Earthbending best. Especially cause Toph is so darn cool! <3 Waterbending isn't as appealing as the other elements. :[  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

drag0ntamer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 pm
whats up im the newest member of the roleplay refuge. i joined the guild because i really like to roleplay, so yah i hope to get to know people here and enjoy some of the rps you guys make xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:15 pm
drag0ntamer
whats up im the newest member of the roleplay refuge. i joined the guild because i really like to roleplay, so yah i hope to get to know people here and enjoy some of the rps you guys make xp

Welcome Drag0ntamer! I hope you find a good role play [cough*ifyoulikedragons*cough*youshouldjoin*cough*mydragonrp*cough]. XD  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:16 pm
If I were to do any bending in real life, however, I'd probably be doing earth or water since I know the basics of each.

Hung Gar (Earth bending) is more sturdy, smashing moves, characterized by stomping the foot. It works better for heavier set people. But if you're wondering about Toph, she uses Southern Praying Mantis style, which is coincidentally the first style I attempted to learn.

Tai Chi(Water bending) concentrates on flowing, connecting moves characterized by waving the arms in sync motion. According to references, Tai Chi was created to be the ultimately balanced style in attack and defense.

I tried to do Pah Kua Zhang, or in basic terms "The art of circle walking". THe style is literally, pivoting around one foot while repelling/countering attacks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm
I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'm no good with any kind of fighting styles [I once did Tae Kwon Do (is that supposed to be one word?), but that was years ago, and I wasn't too fond of it... >>;;], so...

I'd want to be an Earthbender though.

How do you know all those fighting styles?  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

drag0ntamer

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm
Talon StarDrifter
drag0ntamer

Welcome Drag0ntamer! I hope you find a good role play [cough*ifyoulikedragons*cough*youshouldjoin*cough*mydragonrp*cough]. XD

give me a link and ill check it out biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:21 pm
drag0ntamer
Talon StarDrifter
drag0ntamer

give me a link and ill check it out biggrin

XD Squee! Thanks!

DreamCasters. Not many people are active at the moment, but I'm hoping that'll change... >>;;  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:29 pm
Talon StarDrifter
I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'm no good with any kind of fighting styles [I once did Tae Kwon Do (is that supposed to be one word?), but that was years ago, and I wasn't too fond of it... >>;;], so...

I'd want to be an Earthbender though.

How do you know all those fighting styles?

No, you spelled it right, in a sense.

Even though I was never formally schooled in any martial arts, I loved watching it and eventually I stood up and tried some of the moves myself.

I watched, observed and absorbed a lot of moves from T.V., anime, movies, books, shows, etc. Eventually, I came up with my own style that can, in theory, adapt to any situational battle. Me and my bestfriend in high school also used to spar in the park during our free time, where I developed more of it.

I remember one chilly night in December, I was waiting to sing carols at a park and my friend decides to attack me with his military training. I immediately countered with my own style, but for some reason, found myself switching from Snake to Hung Gar. Needless to say, when you stomp on the ground with rubber shoes and the grass is wet and slick, you will loose your balance.

The one style I have yet to try: Drunken Fist. Because I refuse to get drunk.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:33 pm
ack! i'm trying to download zango so i can watch those episodes, but my computer's being all wonky..... rolleyes  

HephaestusOS

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:34 pm
Thanks, everybody! *mass gluggles in return*

No problem, Skreemer. I'll get Matthew out of the infirmary when I make my post. *is currently too tired to read all the posts since he's been gone*

@Waveh: Schroon Lake, New York.

*gluggles EKA goodbye*

If it is available (and it usually is), I go by Yoder. If not, I try for Yodie, DarkYodie, or similar variants.

Good luck reaching higher than mine and Magni's post counts, Tana.
Btw, interesting new username.

Tai Chi (and waterbending by association) > other internal martial arts (and other bending arts by association)
I have practiced Tai Chi some, but I only know the bare basics (not even separating into the different schools). I love it and would love to continue, but nobody in my area knows it. *pouts while others in his area learn ju-jitsu*

Welcome, Drag0ntamer.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:36 pm
i like tai chi. my dance teacher is really big on it, so sometimes she lets us skip class and just do some basic elemental tai chi. lots of fun.  

HephaestusOS

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:36 pm
Zango? Wuzzat?
Gale Overdrive
No, you spelled it right, in a sense.

Even though I was never formally schooled in any martial arts, I loved watching it and eventually I stood up and tried some of the moves myself.

I watched, observed and absorbed a lot of moves from T.V., anime, movies, books, shows, etc. Eventually, I came up with my own style that can, in theory, adapt to any situational battle. Me and my bestfriend in high school also used to spar in the park during our free time, where I developed more of it.

I remember one chilly night in December, I was waiting to sing carols at a park and my friend decides to attack me with his military training. I immediately countered with my own style, but for some reason, found myself switching from Snake to Hung Gar. Needless to say, when you stomp on the ground with rubber shoes and the grass is wet and slick, you will loose your balance.

The one style I have yet to try: Drunken Fist. Because I refuse to get drunk.

Wow. That takes a lot of work, dunnit? It's quite amazing that you did all that.

Drunken Fist? I've heard of that, of course, but I don't know quite what it is. Is it just getting drunk and fighting? >>;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 pm
*hisses at Ju Jitsu and Karate and Judo*

Snowman, if you want some Tai Chi practical usage, aside from meditation, go and sign yourself up for some Salsa dance classes. XD. Trust me, it was quite the experience when I was trying to practice Salsa by myself, then realized that a single pivot turn lead equals a circular right punch.

Drunken Fist is one of the more peculiar styles. In my opinion, I think it focuses on positions that the body would not normally be able to position and balance in if you were conscious enough. Those positions require a certain "bravery" and balance that you seem to automatically get if you were drunk.  

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Fist
Apparently, one need not be drunk to practice it, though I'm assumig it'd be easier while temulent.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games