Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 pm
zango. i went to the site you posted for watching avatar and it said i needed zango. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:43 pm
HephaestusOS
zango. i went to the site you posted for watching avatar and it said i needed zango. *shrug*

Fo' rizzle? Hrm... Did you try both sites? I've never encountered the need for Zango, though I guess it could already be in the computer. I'm sorry if the sites aren't working for you. :[  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 pm
Salsa, eh? I think I'll look into that.

I agree, Gale. The style was probably accidentally created by buzzed senseis who decided to improvise in a sake-fueled brawl. As a result, it is made for the drunken state.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:47 pm
Gale OverDrive
*hisses at Ju Jitsu and Karate and Judo*

Snowman, if you want some Tai Chi practical usage, aside from meditation, go and sign yourself up for some Salsa dance classes. XD. Trust me, it was quite the experience when I was trying to practice Salsa by myself, then realized that a single pivot turn lead equals a circular right punch.

Drunken Fist is one of the more peculiar styles. In my opinion, I think it focuses on positions that the body would not normally be able to position and balance in if you were conscious enough. Those positions require a certain "bravery" and balance that you seem to automatically get if you were drunk.

Yoder
]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Fist
Apparently, one need not be drunk to practice it, though I'm assumig it'd be easier while temulent.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanations. >>;;

I never would have thought that being drunk could lead to a new style of fighting, but then again... -shrug- I suppose it wouldn't be impossible.  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:51 pm
The last time I tried Brad Wong's (read: Tekken) Drunken Fist style, I ended up falling on my butt twice, on my face once and on my head once.

But it is funny when you combine Snake style with Drunken Monkey. It makes for a lot of nice combination moves.

And I just remembered what my friend called my personal style. I think he named it Wind/Sky Snake Fist or something like that. Which is technically incorrect, because I never form a fist with my style. o.o

It's either I fight with my palms (which do more considerable damage than a fist if used correctly) and/or "lances" (basically, the tips of the fingers. It's the characteristic of Snake style). I'll also do grabs, but rarely ever throws.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:54 pm
Tips of your fingers? >>;; Wouldn't that hurt? Even if your fingers are stiff, I'd think that ramming stiff fingers into someone's body would hurt like hell.  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:00 pm
Talon StarDrifter
Tips of your fingers? >>;; Wouldn't that hurt? Even if your fingers are stiff, I'd think that ramming stiff fingers into someone's body would hurt like hell.

Lol. Not if you ram it in the right spots (i.e. throat, neck, anything below the ribs, the joints, face, etc.) Also, I'm double jointed in my fingers, meaning I can lock them in a straight position for extended periods of time, which is why it works for me. Besides, you only use lance thrusts if you're close enough to a sweet spot.

Also, if you can't do finger tips, you can always improvise with your 2nd knuckle (how to do it: form the American sign language for the letter "e").  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:01 pm
Maybe replace "fist" with "hand." 3nodding  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Sky Snake Hand doesn't sound as cool. Maybe just replace it with "Style."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:06 pm
So basically you go for the soft, vulnerable parts? Sounds good to me. ;D

I had a moment of trouble trying to remember what E was, but I get it. Knuckles seem to be a more sensible weapon than fingers, but I wouldn't know... >> I've had fights, but none really serious. And I would rather hit than punch; I wonder if it's the girl in me? >>  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:11 pm
It's your style after all; name it what you want.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:14 pm
*shrugs* Whatever works. I think it's personal preference really. I just thought that it was easier to go into a grab from an open palm than a closed fist.

Imagine this scenario: Someone punches, you block by pushing their hand to the side with your arm. With your other hand, you "strike" (proper name for calling snake style hits) the inner joint of the elbow while simultaneously pushing yourself into their space. Then with the same hand that you used for the elbow, you strike at their face/neck with your elbow, while locking your forward foot around one of theirs, then bringing your weight down on them to make both of you fall. With you on top, of course.

All this in the span of 3 seconds.  

Gale OverDrive

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:23 pm
So, grappling with a bit of 'hard' mixed in?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Basically close range fighting with some grappling techniques for good measure. I find that people get very disgruntled quickly when you fight regularly then get into their space and do a grapple.  

Gale OverDrive

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:46 pm
Gale Overdrive
Imagine this scenario: Someone punches, you block by pushing their hand to the side with your arm. With your other hand, you "strike" (proper name for calling snake style hits) the inner joint of the elbow while simultaneously pushing yourself into their space. Then with the same hand that you used for the elbow, you strike at their face/neck with your elbow, while locking your forward foot around one of theirs, then bringing your weight down on them to make both of you fall. With you on top, of course.

All this in the span of 3 seconds.

O_O That's... amazing. You can do all that? I'd SO get my arse kicked. My best fighting would be flailing my hands wildly, a big book in one hand and a toothpick in the other... >>;;  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games