Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:28 pm
I beat you all. Full German. My grandmother's even adopted and I'm still full German. We rule the world.

And neither war was really our fault. It was Austria, I tell you.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 pm
I am so so sick of bloodlines. And races. I just got totally bashed for racism today, even considering that a) black people have had it no worse than any other race or culture, and b) Africans and African Americans are two entirely different cultures.

And I'm sick of being lonely.  

KirbyVictorious

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:32 pm
KirbyVictorious
I am so so sick of bloodlines. And races. I just got totally bashed for racism today, even considering that a) black people have had it no worse than any other race or culture, and b) Africans and African Americans are two entirely different cultures.

And I'm sick of being lonely.

you and me both... stare

and as for races blacks aren't the only ones who have had it bad if they think that, just look at the mexicans and the chicano movement, I actually am grateful that I have a mexican philosophy teacher that was able to introduce us to this topic, because in all my years of learning history... not once have I heard of this movement...
The teacher is brilliant, he met many of the leaders of this movement: ceasar chavez, Reies Lopez Tijerina, Jose Angel Gutierrez, (he didn't meet this guy) Rodolfo Gonzalez, and Ramsey Muniz. Amazing man brilliant in philosophy too but moral here is that blacks aren't the only ones that suffered. People should be more aware in these types of things and kirbs... could it really have been that bad whatever you said to peeps, I mean he gets flustered in most any situations as I recall...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:51 pm
I would say I'm 90% German, and then Dutch and French, which hardly counts, since they're all right next to each other with ever-changing boundaries.

I think African American is such a strange term. I don't call myself German American. A lot of "African Americans" nowadays have more, for lack of better words, "white" blood in them than "black". So why are they still called African Americans? Wouldn't it make more sense to just say "black" if that's what they looked like? Same goes for those with tan skin, I mean, wouldn't it better to say they have tan skin than to guess and probably get it wrong, calling a Puerto Rican Mexican or something?

How did the blacks get so much attention? I mean, what about the holocaust and the world wars? There we have Jews, Germans, and Japanese all judged for their "race". Then of course, the Mexicans now-a-days cross over starting with nothing, sometimes not even language and trying to make a living. Also, slavery pretty much dates back to the Romans, and even before. Heck, in the Romans time, they made some slaves fight lions, tigers, and bears oh my! And these are just a few examples...  

Starry Path

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 pm
Yeah, Roman slaves got it pretty bad. Pretty much brutalized en masse at the Coliseum.

Every race has its own history of discrimination. Slavery goes back to the Egyptians apparently, there's not much documentation of it before then. Ironic.

And if anyone wants my opinion, I have absolutely no tolerance for racism or anti-racism, which is a sort of racism in itself. Equal rights, yes. But discrimination just knocks everything out of the balance, especially if you look for it where it isn't present and doesn't have to be. No one can take the blacks seriously now, after everything they keep doing. And it's not anyone's fault but theirs. Plus, they turn on anyone respectable, aka "white", like Maegan, who's a really nice girl, real sweet, and actually talks like a person who knows how to speak English. There's no pride in being ignorant.

Get over yourselves, is all I can say. Everyone suffers.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:21 pm
Haha, that is ironic. XD I'm the same here, I stopped seeing color. You can't say that about all blacks and all whites, but I know what you're saying. It rather confuses me really, this mindset. Wouldn't you seek to prove people wrong rather than cheat the system?

On a different note, I need a new book. @.@  

Starry Path

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm
I'm about ten seconds away from shooting myself. I think I'll go carve crescent moons into my palms now.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 pm
When people accuse me of being racists, I just look them dead in the eyes and say this.

"Thanks for pointing it out and by the way, did you know I am color blind?"

Some catch it right away, others freak and apologise because they didnt catch it.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm
Tak-Jak
When people accuse me of being racists, I just look them dead in the eyes and say this.

"Thanks for pointing it out and by the way, did you know I am color blind?"

Some catch it right away, others freak and apologise because they didnt catch it.

I gotta hand it to you remy I REALLY like that comment you use.

I favor comments that make people stop dead in their tracks and rethink their outlook and thats exactly what that does kudos and brownies to you!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:54 pm
Alot of things say make people stop dead.

Most of the time, its for the wrong reason.
I tend to be brutally honest and in the end alienate people.

Oh well.

I am the kind of person that will tell you if I think your political preference came off a cereal box... And so on and so forth.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:57 pm
hey in the long run they're just words ehh? so no harm done all in all

and preferably I like them because they always give another persons personal insight 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:17 pm
Haha, that's rather funny! I'm too nice to do things like that. If someone gives me their really bizarre opinion, I'll just say, "That's nice." XD;

I think I'm going to keep my political views to myself then. eek Although I fear I already made it obvious. XD;  

Starry Path

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm
When will I learn that no one cares what I have to say...?

my palms don't like me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:16 pm
KirbyVictorious
When will I learn that no one cares what I have to say...?

my palms don't like me.

You better not have actually been cutting yourself.... stare  

Galladonsfire

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm
What part of my palms don't like me doncha get? Not a mark.

So guess what people? I've started editing Ametris again now that MSWord stopped being bitchy, and finally got around to drawing the pictures from chapter six! Here is Everan's trigonometry homework (the thinner handwriting is his, the thicker is Marli's):

User Image

And also from chapter six, epic battle!

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Wooo. No one really won though.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games