Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:42 pm
Wow, I have no idea what rps to join.

One day, the amount of gluggles I suffer through is going to make me regret joining this guild....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:44 pm
most new ppl recieve many gluggles its a sign of welcome and friendship here  

AlwynRowanwind

Zahzi

Distinct Lunatic

Oh, it's not too bad...That was why I stayed away from the OOC thread until I was no longer considered new... 3nodding  
Scythe de Zaran
Uh, hello! I suppose I'm new. So, I guess I'll just take a look around.

I'm really a fire breathing demon! RAWWWR! *gets hit* ....

Welcome, Scythe de Zaran! -gluggles- Mind if I call you Zaran? :3 I'm Waveh; hope you enjoy your stay at RPR! ^_^

It's 3:37 pm right now - I was delayed in getting on the computer due to waking around eleven, the thunderstorm I was avidly watching this morning, then reading and writing a bit. <3

I like Twilight. DX Though I haven't read many other vampire romance books, so... -whistles innocently- It's not just vampires though, there are werewolves as well - but, like Star said, it is pretty refreshing to me. :3 The Host is much more original, though. Seriously, I doubt anyone's ever heard of a love triangle with only two bodies involved? And, if you have, well. Rawrr. XD

EDIT: I still prefer supermegaflyingtackleglompstranglehuggles to gluggles, but those can get a bit painful after a while. sweatdrop

waveh_xo

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm
Okay, Alwyn. I was just saying.. haha sweatdrop

Ahaha, smart move, Zahzi.

Hello there, waveh. You can call me Zaran if you'd like. Was there a lot of lightning in that thunderstorm?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:49 pm
@waveh: Well, kinda. biggrin That's going to be the idea for my book. Maybe.

I don't remember if I posted in here... I'm sure I did, but I don't remember which page. And I refuse to look through nearly three thousand pages. domokun  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Lost_Realms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm
Cobalt
Pish. If you guys want quality fantasy literature, try the Sevenwaters trilogy by Juliet Marillier. She takes classic British Isles myths and spins them in subtle ways into great books. <3 I've also read Wolfskin and Foxmask, and they're just as good.

Also, Mercedes Lackey writes some very good stuff, though her newer books have disappointed me. Her early works are best. Who can't love gryphons who speak with a lisp, srsly?

xd I haven't read her books in awhile. Robin Hobb/Hodd .. I can never get which letter it is... she's pretty good too. And Goodkind with the Sword of Truth series.. er.. with the exception of his books getting a little too longwinded sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:52 pm
Lost_Realms
And Goodkind with the Sword of Truth series.. er.. with the exception of his books getting a little too longwinded sometimes.

D: I <3 the Sword of Truth! -squees- X3

Yes, I remember Richard and Kahlan giving speeches that were several pages long... >>;;  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:55 pm
personally, i'm a big fan of tamora pierce, scott westerfield, and patricia c. wrede.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:56 pm
@Zaran;; Yes, there was. Last night there was strong winds, lightning and hail, then this morning there was a huge flash of lightning followed almost immediately by a clap of thunder so loud it scared me pretty badly. XD My mom had just left to run some erands, while my sister was upstairs, so I was all alone downstairs when it happened, lol. But now it's cleared up, though ... -peaks out the window- ... the sun's hiding behind clouds. ^_^

@Star;; Ooh, sounds interesting, teehee. I had another odd dream last night that might turn out to be an interesting story. If I write it out, I'll post it on my fictionpress account. :3

Sorry if I reply slow, I'm checking my roleplays. -nodnod-

waveh_xo

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 pm
It's cold today. Surprisingly. It rains a lot now, even though summer's only starting to wind down.

Hm... I had a dream last night I stole a pretty diamond <3 and was running away from everyone. It was really fun sneaking around. My heart beats faster when I think of it. It was really adrenaline-rush worthy. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:59 pm
Robin Hobb is excellent. I've read one or two of the Sword of Truth series, but it just kept going and going, I think I lost patience with it. However, it's been a long time since I read them, so maybe I should try again.

I also enjoy Michael Crichton, though again his newest works are disappointing.  

Cobalt

Lost_Realms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:00 pm
Oh! Fictionpress... wow, I haven't looked at my account in years...

Edit: Er, well.. a looooong time. Maybe it's years

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 pm
On my fictionpress account, I just have two oneshots, a short five chapter story and a small collection of poems. X'DD  

waveh_xo

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 pm
I <3 Sara Douglass and E.E. Knight. <3  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games