Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:31 am
*looks around* hm........hello?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:35 am
*wave*
hey-oh

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:37 am
HOLA!!!! (hello, in case you didn't know)
howsit?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:39 am
sitgood,
heph-la
i eating
lychees.
:munch:
und du?

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 am
i am procrastinating sleep. the less i sleep, the more tired i am. the more tired i am, the harder i'm likely to sleep. the harder i sleep, the more difficult it is for my parents to wake me to go to church. logic, eh? fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 am
how long do you think you'll hold
out? .....ma famille doesn't go to
church, so I wouldn't understand
the sentiment..... do yew do this
every sunday? or just this once?

und i recommend drinking cold
things and dancing. this helps me
stay awake whenever I need to.

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:53 am
i try it every sunday, but sometimes it works more than others. last sunday, i skipped breakfast and got really sick because they woke me up five minutes before it was time to go to church. thus my mother felt bad about staying and chatting for quite a long time. i felt really bad because i was sick, but at the same time, i felt good because it was a reason for me to not go to church yet i still had to and that was a point for me. logic. fun.
at the moment, i'm not very tired. i just went on an adventure with a friend who's going on an exchange to paraguay, which landed us in a different friend's house while there was a "pot party" going on. it's funny because my friend (the one going to paraguay) and i are thought of as "good kids," so we were getting a lot of looks. you know, the look that says "oh, crap, a 'good kid' is here. should i keep smoking? is it okay? will they report me to a law enforcement individual? should i offer them some? should i pretend like i'm not stoned even though the entire house smells like marijuana? should i say something? anything? fNck." you may know the one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:02 am
:giggle: I think
I may have an
idea of what you
mean, maybe.
probably yes.

I hope you are
not sick later.

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:08 am
as long as i get breakfast.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:12 am
why do yew have to go
to church if hephy-la dun
want to? is it so very bad?

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:18 am
to me it is. i keep telling my parents i don't believe in god. i'm fine with the concept, and it's okay for other people to believe, I just don't believe. and when i go to church and they do all the singing and chanting, it sounds like they're just blindly following what they don't know for sure to exist. anyway, it's gotten to the point where neither of my older siblings have to go, but i still do. also, i hate old people. 'nuff said. church = stuffy & old.

maybe i just watched to much stargate as a child.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:26 am
my family is spirit-religious,
in that dicky asian way, and
i always want no part in it.
which they don't like at alls.
so I can sorta understand
what you mean, but not
completely really.

i have only been to church
once or twice with friends,
and it seemed like a nice
place to visit but i didn't
want to stay there, if ya
know what i mean. many
temples are pretty-la, but
apart from having the taste
of what people believe to
remember, it just makes
me uncomfortabibble.

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:39 am
i don't like religion in the sense that i'm supposed to have one.
i do like religion in the sense that i enjoy debating with people about their religion. it's not so much that i want to convert them away from it. i just want to make sure they know what they believe and what they're not believing.

when i have children, for i know that i will someday (even if i must lower myself to thievery to attain one), i won't make them go to church. i would like to educate them in many forms of religion, but i don't want to impress upon them any ideals about what to believe. i think that people have the right to believe what they believe and that they shouldn't be forced to participate in something if it contradicts their belief system. my parents say they still make me go to church because, whether or not i believe in God, the principles it teaches are still valuable enough to attend church for. meanwhile, i sit in the pews and think that i already know most of the principles. as said before, i'm considered a "good kid." you'd think that would earn me some get-out-of-church-free points or something.

i do think that i'd like to try a temple style mas one day. i don't really care what kind of mas, i just think i'd enjoy seeing what it's like. if it's a horrible experience, i won't do it again. if it's good, i may do it again sometime. repeat good experiences; eliminate bad ones. logic, eh?

oddly enough, i actually have given serious thought to how i'm going to educate my children. i find that funny since i'm only sixteen.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:49 am
what do you mean by attending a temple's mass? one specifically?
because I usually consider all religious gathering places, meant for
worship, temples... synagogues, cathedrals, mosques... all the ones
I've been in are basically the same, just worshiping differently.

Sixteen is not so old to evaluate something as right and wrong,
I think. And for youths such a thing is usually measured by what
parents do. or so I've read. D; my relatives are very particular
that i will do the exact same as them when I'm they're age, but
I think not! fight the power of the oppressors! ^^; :giggleangst:

Herbicide in Vietnam

HephaestusOS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:00 am
well, for instance, i know there's a difference between many religious gatherings. i know jewish people and mormons call they're special church "temple." i guess i'm saying that i'd like to attend a religious service in some sort of foreign religion, say buddhism or something similar. i also think that i'd like to take part in a muslim prayer thing. i don't know what it's called or even if they'd let other people participate, but i think it'd be a learning experience.

anyway. i have to go to bed. my mother just walked in my room and she's all pissed because it's 1 in the morning and she said "this is why!!' i was confused for a moment until she said "this is why you're cranky on sunday mornings!!" meanwhile, i'm sitting at my computer thinking "damn straight, and i do it on purpose!" oh well.

good night.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games