Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sweetsweetpoison

5,450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:36 pm
Heyy! My name's Jenny, but you can call me Poison, or Jenny, or whatever you like. I'm not picky. I live in New York. I've been making crafts all my life- everything from glass to clay. I love to try new things. Right now, I dont have any links to my work, but I will soon! Pleasure to meet everyone!  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:45 pm
Hello. My name is Brianna and I'm 14-years-old. I live in Oklahoma (USA.) I've been a very artistic person all my life, but in the 6th grade, I took an art class (because my friend said it would be an easy A) and I really got interested. I am always trying new ways of expressing myself, (my mom says it's just a teenage phase.) but I think I am a really good painter. I am also a sculpture. I have dozens of random clay figures all around my room! I have a ninja turtle, a rabbit wearing scuba equipment, a snake with half a rat in his mouth, a cat with a saddle and a top hat (I don't really know where that came from.), a skull with a huge curly mustache and a sombrero etc. when i get my camera fixed I'll add a link to my stuff.  

InCaseOf_Fire_BreakGlass

crazymugglegirl

Chatty Shopper

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 pm
Hi, my name is Jenna, or CrazyMuggleGirl, and I'm 17 years old. I'm pretty much a n00b when it comes to creating things. xD Since the economy is pretty much at a standstill right now and getting a job isn't that easy when you're in my age group, I've decided to start making and selling colorful headbands for your hair. I've only made a few so far, but they're pretty easy and fun to create and they're available to anyone in the United States. I DO NOT take requests for specific items to be used on the headbands yet. The main tools I'm using include colorful ribbons, buttons, charms, and a hot glue gun to ensure stability. If you want to pay an extra $1 USD I will gladly include a special "surprise" item to be placed on your headband. This item can range anywhere from being a really pretty button, a miniature figurine, a special charm, etc. It all depends on what I think you'll like. How will I know what you'll like? All you have to do is send me a PM telling me the following:

Your favorite colors: (Please choose a maximum of FIVE!)

Your hobbies: (This can be anything...Cooking, Horseback riding, Dancing, etc. Please keep it to a limit of FIVE hobbies!)

Are you paying an extra $1 USD to get a surprise item on your headband? (Yes or no):

Your street address and zipcode (if applicable) where I can send the headband once I've received your full payment of $8 (USD only please, and Shipping & Handling IS INCLUDED IN PRICE!) (Information will remain completely confidential):

Anything else you think I need to know:

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:54 am
Hello! I'm glad to be part of the guild! My name is Liz, and I'm 25 years old. I live in the USA (North Carolina, to be specific).

I have been doing craft all my life and have pretty much done everything from ceramics to sewing. Right now I make a lot of different items for my Etsy store, but am getting more and more in to making plushies. I've apparently become a pretty good hand with a sewing machine! smile I also crochet and knit a little- used to crochet more but I'm extremely burned out with it.

I used to make sculptures and things with polymer clay years ago, but I'm not very good at it.

You can see some of my work in my gallery at http://lizstaley.deviantart.com

I'm really looking forward to meeting some other crafters!  

lizstaley

Cherry Pirate Monster

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:10 pm
Hello All!
My name's Liat, I'm 17 years old and I live in Israel. I've only just started crafting so I guess you could say I'm a newbie [even though I hate that term. Blahck].
Anyway, now that it's summer I've got a whole lotta spare time to craft away, so I'm just thinking up new nifty ideas.
Hooray! pirate

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 am
My name`s Laurie, ..I`m 18 and live in good old Canada. I`ve been artsy my whole life but I`ve hit a point where my skills just aren`t seeming to get any better...and I also want to expand what I can do. I usually sketch, draw, paint, ect, but I`ve developped an interest in sculpting. I got into it mainly because I love the idea of having 3d models of things I love and painting them after..it`s exciting lol. If I have any specialties in arts, it`s drawing what I see - which is abit of a shame cuz I`d love to be able to draw what I think of. Another reason for starting sculpting. I tink it`ll be easier but I have no idea. So far I haven`t posted anything on any sites (thanks to no scanner...) but when I do I`ll update this box. smile  

Xx_Sirius_xX

Mahkohime

3,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 am
Hi! I'm 23 and am from Michigan, USA. I have been engaged for almost 5 years. I still live at home until my fiance' and I have enough money to get a place of our own for us and our 2 kitties.

I've been into sculpting and crafts since I got my hands on Playdough when I was little. My Mom has always been into crafts of different kinds, so I picked up on it. But I've always loved to make things with polymer clay (Sculpey is my fave).

I got out of crafts for a number of years because I got busy with school an life, but recently I got into it again because I got inspired by looking at different clay work online at an art site called DeviantArt.

I'm good at making small scale (not mini) work, mostly cute things and small foods for keychains and earrings. I'm not good at realism or large scale work.

I post my work and sell some of it on DeviantArt. My clay work for sale can be found here: Just click on this link and click on the thumbnails to make the pics larger.

I'm so glad to be a part of this guild! smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:03 pm
Hello, I'm Leslie from New York and I'm in high school...
domokun
Well I do papercraft and have made a few things, but I only discovered it a few months ago, so I'm no expert! Right now I'm working on a model of Howl's Moving Castle (it's hard!). I've loved any kind of arts and crafts since like forever, but this was basically an accident. I just stumbled upon papercraft patterns online and I was hooked! I find it hard to see them through to the end actually--but summer's coming up so...yay! I'll put some pics up in the papercraft section later. Until then, hi everybody!! see you around 3nodding  

Leslbebe06

Codename Sailor Earth

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:05 pm
3nodding Hi! My pen name is Codename Sailor Earth, and my favorite craft is doll making.

In my spare time, I like to buy scraps of felt from craft stores, cut out different body shapes, and then sew them together. I then attach the body parts with thread and buttons, and I either sew on eyes, or glue on smooth gems for that anime look. When I get a new camera, I'll start posting pictures of them. redface I mostly make Sailormoon dolls, but sometimes I make Inuyasha or Dragonball Z dolls for my mom.

For 3D eyes, I'll cut multiple shapes from at least three different colors, and then with each layer I sew onto the doll, I stuff cotton in between, just like when you stuff the arms. I keep this up until I get to the white gleam above the pupil. This is great for Sonic the Hedgehog dolls! 4laugh

I make rag dolls too! Those are fun. whee  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:04 pm
I live in the united states, somewhere in the California mountains. I'm 31 and considered rather odd (rightly so.) And if I'm there and it's online, I am Sparksol. I'm not saying I'm every Sparksol online (that'd be impossible!) but chances are I'm a fair number of them.

I've been making things from various materials for a couple years now, trying to find something I'm both good at and like doing. And, more recently, things that will survive visits from very young relatives (papercraft is not among the survivors, sadly.) My cloth-related attempts thus far have been not very successful, though I hope that will change as I get more experience. I'm currently using polymer clays (both oven-baking and 'non-hardening) since they last well and my nephews can play with it. I'm hoping to get into metal melting and casting once I get some more furnace pieces.

I got started because I felt I wanted to make my own things, a way to have nice things with personal touches.

So far, I've not been very good making things I'd wear. I hope I can make clothes I'd wear someday.

I don't have any pictures of what I've done online; I don't have a camera yet.  

Sparksol

Aged Lunatic

Norel Lorre

Norel Lorre

Shameless Loverboy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:43 am
User Imagerawr!

hello!
I'm Rin, but I also go by Nor around these parts.
I live in San Francisco, CA, and I am not afraid to share that because no one is ever going to find one Rin in such a large city. we are legion. xD
as you may have noticed, I don't capitalize the first word of every sentence. I capitalize proper nouns, but stylistically speaking, I find this capitalization structure much more attractive, and it conveys my tone much more effectively.
if it really irritates you personally, then whenever I address you I'll amend it, but it's honestly not laziness or lack of intelligence, but a need to express myself in the most effective manner. sweatdrop

my sister got me into crafts when I was little, and I for a long time I've rarely sat down and planned a crafty affair to spend time on... I just work it into everyday life.

I am excellent at coming up with original or utilitarian concepts, i.e. knowing how to make into reality something that is seemingly impossible, and coming up with unique ideas that impress people.
I have worked professionally in graphic design as a designer/printer, and nowadays I sadly don't even draw much.
my weakness always has been and always will be follow-through. I rarely set my mind to something for a very long time, so I try to make sure I can manage my time in a way to start and finish a project quickly before my ADD kicks in. for this reason, I seem extremely organized to outside eyes when it comes to crafts, but I'm really, really not. ^^;

lately I've been working on several different ideas and drawing up plans for how they could be executed. I will redraw them on Photoshop soon and link here for everyone. in the meantime, here is my DA. biggrin
no crafty work on there right now I don'na think, except for an abstract socio-political 'found' sculpture. we used 'found' materials, and the sculpture was approximately 7-8 feet tall, and was destroyed by police the next day as graffiti and destruction of property (which I don't believe in, and would not have participated in). anyhow, I'm not even sure I still have it up on DA for that reason. :/

anywhoo... I'm quite the newblet, so I'll be asking for a lot of pointers for various things over time! please welcome me! sweatdrop

I'm a dino.User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:12 am
Hello, I'm new~ :3(Durhh. xD)
Well, I'm Jackie. People online call me.. Jackie, but sometimes I go by the name Mel. I'm only 13 years old but I love being involved in all sorts of art. I live in New Jersey, but my hometown is Seattle, Washington. I'm Korean, too. smile I'm currently not going to any art school or anything, but I'm teaching myself how to draw anime and real life things, and teaching myself how to use photoshop. I'm also improving my skills in photography by myself.
The reason I got instrested in crafting is because this year I went to middle school and I took Home Ec and Art. In Home Ec, my teacher taught us how to sew and in art we sculpted with this weird clay-material which I forgot the name of. xDD Then, when the semester ended for Home Ec and Art, I wanted to do those activities again on my own time. My mom is now teaching me how to sew, and I'm teaching myself how to work with clay and such. xD I'm REALLY bad right now in my own opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'll get better.
Well, I just started crafting a few months ago-- so I wasn't doing it for long. :3 And because of that reason, I have no art to show right now.. But I promise to show everyone soon. :3
If anyone is intrested to see art of mine besides crafts, then my deviantart is in my signature~ And the art on it are mostly doodles, so don't laugh~ xD

Now, something besides my art life. xD
I'm a really hyper and happy girl. I'm jumpy and very random and violent when I'm angry. Whenever I don't get what I want, I kind of become randomly emo and put my bangs in front of my eyes. I'm not spoiled though, I mean, I'm like that in a joking way for my friends. xD I'm a tomboy, but not all that much as I used to be. But I still take pride in my tomboyish ways. I love anime and manga, photography, and crafts, durh~ I love making stories and writing my own songs. I also enjoy to sing and I'm pretty good at it too! I have a bear named Vanilla, haha. xD I usually don't go on gaia as much as I used too, but I do go on every now and then. What I'm really addicted to now is Deviantart, MapleStory, Audition, Mabinogi, and CounterStrike! I'm also more involved with going outside and hanging with my buddies. I love to skateboard too. I really like shopping for anything.. Toys, clothes, games, anything! xD Well, I'd write more but then if I did that I'd pretty much take up a whole page. So I'm gonna stooop~
~Jackiewashere o5/31/o8

YayAuLait

Friendly Friend

ctrlaltpuke

Friendly Smoker

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:25 am
* basic details like your age and country:I am 17 and I an in the United States of America.
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft:I have been into sculpture and craft sense I was about(I think)6.
* what got you started in it:My mother got me into it,she and I would always make little trinkets together.
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses:My specialties are that I can sculpt,sketch,sew,paint,and bake.My weaknesses are that I can't write very long posts or blogs and I don't have a scanner(just my camera).
* links to your work:Sorry!I don't have any yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:03 am
Hallu!

I'm Sarah. Aka Rah-Sah. On here, you can call me anything from Crumpie to ABC [All 'bout Crumpets, because my friend got lazy].
I'm eighteen, and hail from Australia, the great land of Down Under. I live on the east coast, about three hours north of Sydney.

Craft, I've been in to since my hands could dibble in paint.
I made my first plushie when I was four, and it was a rabbit. And by rabbit, I mean it was a triangle with a face on it. But I was very proud of it.

I don't know what got me into craft. It was probably my Mum, because I was homeschooled for primary school [years k - 6], and it was something she didn't really have to supervise me on.
I haven't been able to tear myself away ever since, and sometimes it annoys my family when I have my crap scattered all over the dining table and three other rooms.
My Nan on my Dad's side has been doing ceramic painting [dolls, clocks, plates, etc] since I can remember, as well as a lot of knit and crochet work. One of my Uncles is a professional landscape and portrait photographer, and I cower at the amazing work he's done.

I began working with 3D art when I was fairly young. I have a photo of a plastecine scene that I made when I was five, of a Koala's loungeroom. It was complete with coffee table, mug of tea [with teabag!], rug, armchair, TV unit, and my lovely koala which was wearing green shorts and pink socks.
On and off I've been sculpting since then, but haven't really settled down to get ace at it. My older brother [by eight years] has encouraged me the whole way. He bought me the huuugest range of sculpting tools [I think there's about fifty in there], and half of them I don't even know what to use for. He buys me modelling clays and Fimo and paints and glazes whenever he feels like it. Which is awesome. He lives three hours away, so every now and again he comes home with a bag of goodies for me.
And he always commissions me for work. He buys me the materials, and then pays me for the outcome. Lovely brother!

My Strengths:
-My diversity in what I like to think I'm good at. I range from charcoal drawings to sculpture/modelling to masks to sewing to plushies to costumes to metal-work to wood-work to invisible artworks that are so amazing nobody believes I made them. [Mainly because they never see them..]
-Sewing. I'm studying Fashion Design at college. I like to think I'm good. It's definitely a passion.
-My flair. I can create something from nothing, most of the time.

My Weaknesses:
-I'm a CHRONIC procrastinator. Like you would never believe. It once took me six months to make a costume for Columbia [Rocky Horror Picture Show], and my sister is still waiting for her commission of three charcoal drawings from August last year.
-I get over-inspired, and end up with too many ideas. This means I might have eight or nine projects running at once.

At the moment, I have no links to share. I have a Deviant Art profile, but at the moment all that's on there is a short story / prose that I wrote a good year ago. You'll start seeing more of my stuff as I start to get a handle on my college course and start getting more free time to create.

Nostrum

Bandaid Love

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:48 am
Hey, I'm Bandaid Love, which I prefer to be called, if not BL will do ^-^
I'm 18 (4/7/1989) and I'm from Australia.

I haven't been doing sculpting for very long, started around the end of last year (2007) because I found a tutorial on DeviantART on how to make cute little octopus' charms. I had some spare clay lying around from a claymation attempt (so fail) and tried it out. I enjoyed making the little octopus' so I decided to buy some better clay (sculpey) and started to make my own ideas and such.

Heres some links of some of my charms:
Axel *fave*
Toph
Demyx's Sitars
Kakashi and Iruka  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items