Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Confession box. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:56 pm
kyoslove74
Minielf
Whoa, you've done a Qradruple post Kyo. Charlie won't be very happy. pirate

lol but i emant to sya more on the oen about dwefending myself btu I forgot

Next time you can put it all in one post. And if you are talking about different people's post then you could do this:

@Niph: blah blah..

@Toki: bhgjhjhkjkjkkkdfdf...

and so on. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:36 am
@kyo - but sometimes you know they're right, you just don't like it..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:28 am
@kyo: seriously, do something about the typos, I'm having a real hard time understanding what you're saying.
Ahhh... February has such nice weather where I am.
@niph and the other girl who's a b***h to her parents (sorry. forgot your username: uh... you two need to acheive a state of mind when you stop caring about most things. Where in the end it's all the same to you basically. There are however some exceptions where you really don't want to. Wether or not you think it's wrong or not, it doesn't matter. You just have to think about wether or not it's worth arguing and how much it really matters to you. When you think it out things might get better. It's surprising how little so many things can matter. It's good to be felxible, but firm, and try to find ways to compromise.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 am
@niph: not always. Sometimes, indeedly. I've been listening to my parents for... fifteen years now. I follow their strict rules without question, usually. Like, no dating. I haven't even bothered trying to find myself a boyfriend, and if anyone seems interested, even though I like them, I manage to always drop into the confession about my "no dating" policy from my parents. I'm not allowed to go or have any sleepovers; another strange and weird rule... Just another one that restricts my life quite a bit. I can't even walk onto the street without an adult accompanying me... I understood that rule when I was a child, but being a fifteen year old girl, it's quite difficult to not blow your top off at your parents who have been doing this all your life. I understand they want the best for me, but all they do is make me angry and upset. We get into the worst of arguments; so much so I lost my internet three times. Twice because they thought I was addicted and the recent one due to the fact that they thought I was talking to a ******. They don't like Gaia either (well, things like Gaia), but they don't know what Gaia is, so they haven;t told me to stop talking here.

I just can't stop the words falling out of my mouth when I talk to my parents. It always ends as though they're right, and I fought for nothing. I just want to say what I think. I just... want them to see things from my way once, etc... But they don't, and I don't see their's either. It's a no-win situation... sad and it makes me really sad. Sometimes they think I don't care about them either, and that I love my own freaking friends more than them, and I just don't understand how in hell they can think that. I sometimes feel unloved by the, but I don't exactly say to them "I think you don't care about me". I KNOW they love me, why can't they see I really love them? So much I could die?

The fact that we're both different generations is the one thing separating my parents and me. We're very close, it has to be said, but when it comes to our opinions, we're so very different we conflict. I think maybe it's time for them to perhaps... loosen their grip on me. I'm growing up into an individual, it just happens to be now. I really wan them to let go, and I know it's hard for them... But I find it difficult to live like this, with the repeating arguments, tears and sadness. In all honesty, my parents are my main source of depression; it used to be my friends, but it's changed as I've grown older....

Goodness, I've really... opened up. Ahaha, confessions here we go! xd Eheheh....

I've noticed something though. I may be wrong, but the majority of chinese girls and guys seem very obedient when it comes to their parents... I'm obviously not one of them. sweatdrop  

BlacksandBlues

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:19 pm
BlacksandBlues
@niph: not always. Sometimes, indeedly. I've been listening to my parents for... fifteen years now. I follow their strict rules without question, usually. Like, no dating. I haven't even bothered trying to find myself a boyfriend, and if anyone seems interested, even though I like them, I manage to always drop into the confession about my "no dating" policy from my parents. I'm not allowed to go or have any sleepovers; another strange and weird rule... Just another one that restricts my life quite a bit. I can't even walk onto the street without an adult accompanying me... I understood that rule when I was a child, but being a fifteen year old girl, it's quite difficult to not blow your top off at your parents who have been doing this all your life. I understand they want the best for me, but all they do is make me angry and upset. We get into the worst of arguments; so much so I lost my internet three times. Twice because they thought I was addicted and the recent one due to the fact that they thought I was talking to a ******. They don't like Gaia either (well, things like Gaia), but they don't know what Gaia is, so they haven;t told me to stop talking here.

I just can't stop the words falling out of my mouth when I talk to my parents. It always ends as though they're right, and I fought for nothing. I just want to say what I think. I just... want them to see things from my way once, etc... But they don't, and I don't see their's either. It's a no-win situation... sad and it makes me really sad. Sometimes they think I don't care about them either, and that I love my own freaking friends more than them, and I just don't understand how in hell they can think that. I sometimes feel unloved by the, but I don't exactly say to them "I think you don't care about me". I KNOW they love me, why can't they see I really love them? So much I could die?

The fact that we're both different generations is the one thing separating my parents and me. We're very close, it has to be said, but when it comes to our opinions, we're so very different we conflict. I think maybe it's time for them to perhaps... loosen their grip on me. I'm growing up into an individual, it just happens to be now. I really wan them to let go, and I know it's hard for them... But I find it difficult to live like this, with the repeating arguments, tears and sadness. In all honesty, my parents are my main source of depression; it used to be my friends, but it's changed as I've grown older....

Goodness, I've really... opened up. Ahaha, confessions here we go! xd Eheheh....

I've noticed something though. I may be wrong, but the majority of chinese girls and guys seem very obedient when it comes to their parents... I'm obviously not one of them. sweatdrop

lol. you're right. I'm obedient... enough. It all depends on the situation. But my parents are pretty lenient. I don't care wether they love me or not, it's a bother if they love me too much. When I was little I guess I really pissed of my mom, but she told me that she wasn't my mother anymore. I was really sad at that. And at that time I was really afraid of school work lol. I really didn't like it. Then i don't know when, but I guess i got sick of both my parents and started to like school work alot more than i liked them. If my parents were to say that I liked my friends more than i like them I wouldn't deny because I'm pretty sure it's true. Anyways, my parents are lenient because they haven't teamed up against me yet. I keep lots of things from them and only tell them what they need to hear in order for them not to. i think that's why you're so depressed after fighting with your parents. when you fight with them you shouldn't fight with them both at once. it might wrok better if it was seperate. it'd be easier if you didn't answer them at all. but then you do have a close relationship with your parents and I don't. so I don't think we can help you much.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:46 pm
@B&B: Yup, you're parents sound too restrictive to me. Sounds like they're practically sucking most of the fun out of your life, which is sad and infuriating for me to hear. I don't know what you can do about it though as you seem to really care about them, like you'd die for them.
For me the situation was about the same, except I wasn't even allowed to argue or else I got a slap. But then my 'relationship' with them just deteriorated and I ended up not caring for them at all and not even treating them as my parents. Although they still love me, the love I had for them has long gone. So nowadays I just ignore them and do whatever I want. It's awkward at times like dinner where we're all sat together and I'm just not talking to either of them. But that's how I dealt with my parents, not that I'm suggesting you cut them out of your life or anything. Just me blabbering on haha... sweatdrop  

Tokioka

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:13 pm
Tokioka
@B&B: Yup, you're parents sound too restrictive to me. Sounds like they're practically sucking most of the fun out of your life, which is sad and infuriating for me to hear. I don't know what you can do about it though as you seem to really care about them, like you'd die for them.
For me the situation was about the same, except I wasn't even allowed to argue or else I got a slap. But then my 'relationship' with them just deteriorated and I ended up not caring for them at all and not even treating them as my parents. Although they still love me, the love I had for them has long gone. So nowadays I just ignore them and do whatever I want. It's awkward at times like dinner where we're all sat together and I'm just not talking to either of them. But that's how I dealt with my parents, not that I'm suggesting you cut them out of your life or anything. Just me blabbering on haha... sweatdrop

I eat dinner with my parents only once or twice a year.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:52 am
@B&B - yesh, I agree with Toki on this, I think your parents are a little harsh. Mine used to be like that until one day I got quite pissed off and walked across Bristol just to prove I could on my own.. yeh. After that they let up a bit.

I think parental love is something we take for granted quite a lot..

Chinese kids are obedient because.. well, it's in the culture, I guess. And we know what's good for us whee  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:20 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
@B&B - yesh, I agree with Toki on this, I think your parents are a little harsh. Mine used to be like that until one day I got quite pissed off and walked across Bristol just to prove I could on my own.. yeh. After that they let up a bit.

I think parental love is something we take for granted quite a lot..

Chinese kids are obedient because.. well, it's in the culture, I guess. And we know what's good for us whee
you walked across bristol? is that far? sure maybe we do take parental care for granted... and i thought that we were obedient because they beat it in to our heads when we were little.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 pm
I tried scratching my cavity (It was a long time ago I don't have any cavities now) and I broke a nail. crying <---Not because I broke a nail. Because it's humiliating. stare  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:40 pm
o___0;;  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:14 pm
Thankies guys. biggrin That makes me feel better... Well, not that there's anything I can do anymore about my relationship with my parents, but knowing you can say something is sweet. I have two great best friends (there are obviously the bad times with them, but they're good listeners), and I do usually tell them most of my personal issues, but I dunno, I feel that writing it is easier, and getting responses is even better... Especially when they're from people of my culture (this is not a racist commenty thingy...)... But yesh, thank you very much.

@yalie: What your mum said is very... sad. I really feel for you. There are times when my mum goes on and on about how it'd be better off she she died and went to heaven. In her words in Chinese, "she doesn't have the eyes to see"... That's the exact translation, doesn't make any sense, lol. What hurts so much is that I DO have this good relationship with them, and I DO value them more than my friends, admittedly. I don't know what on earth I would do without them... or my brother. My brother's my rock, pretty much.

I keep most things from my parents and tell my friends. I've learned that my parents have different thoughts from mine; they'll respond differently than I would've wanted them to... My friends understand better. That's why. I tell my brother, Ken, too, but sometimes he's too young... sweatdrop If I ever tried (and I have) to tell my parents something, I always get the wrong response, always end up arguing. I gave up on trying to talk to them long ago... Well, we still argue, but I don't tell them everything.

I do argue with my parents a lot, usually started separately, but once I start an argument with one, he/she would tell the other and the other would have a go at me, then both of them. It's really... stressing, having to cope with that. I don't want to fight, I just want to say what I think. After all the arguing, every time I even "debate" with them, I get stressed, loud and argumentative (just... a reaction, habit, I fear), which makes my parents even more angry (they think I have an attitude problemo....). I'm only ever like that with my family (as in, moody, loud, argumentative, bitchy), and my parents keep going on how I respect teachers not them, how I value my friends more, etc. But I can't stop myself being "unrespectful". I can't. I find it hard not to answer back, because my dad especially, says the most... annoying things in the world. It's... infuriating, is all I can say! sweatdrop sad

But yesh, it's fine, yalie... I didn't expect you could help me, but knowing that you're there is great.... very comforting. biggrin

@Toki: I would most definitely die for my parents. They're two of the most important people in my life. The other being my ickle brother. xd But the arguments make me sad, due to our great relationship. It only started going wrong when I started... well, growing up. My views changed, I wanted much more freedom.

It sounds terrible for you... Do you mind not having that relationship with your parents? For me, since I've grown up like this, it's difficult imagining myself not being looked after by my parents, so I need them, but at the same time despise having to argue with them and live with them sometimes. Gah, it's confusing! confused I will never end up cutting them out of my life, due to this fact... I'm too reliable on them... sad

@Toki and yalie: I have been having dinner with my family for every day I am at home for the last ffiteen years of my life. sweatdrop When I'm angry with them I don't say anything. In a sense, I used to think I had the perfect family; totally unaware there were such things as family problems... Now I know very well.... My brother's starting to grow up too; that'll be a blast... He seems to be showing symptons of rebelliousness... *sigh* Like me. And that too is slightly blamed on yours truly. I'm a bad influence. sad Makes me feel like I'm not doing a good enough job; just makes me feel like I hate myself even more than I already do...

@Niph: wow, you went to Bristol? eek Goodness... On foot?! I'm glad your parents loosened up a bit... biggrin

I agree with you about taking parents for granted and stuff. Ditto for the culture thing. I do take my parents for granted... I just do, and I admit it shamefully.... sad

@JhonnyRaincloud: o.O;; WHY? Why did you scratch your cavity?? What in god's name provoked you to do such a strange thing?  

BlacksandBlues

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:11 pm
@B&B: I don't think I mind missing out on the relationship. I used to, but now I don't care about anything anymore so it doesn't seem to be something I can be bothered to work on.
Although I didn't love my parents I used to love my brother, but that bond has also weakened over the years as I matured. Now I don't love him either and I find myself consciously pushing him further and further away from me. It's as if I actually want him to dislike or even hate me, which is just weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm
BlacksandBlues
Thankies guys. biggrin That makes me feel better... Well, not that there's anything I can do anymore about my relationship with my parents, but knowing you can say something is sweet. I have two great best friends (there are obviously the bad times with them, but they're good listeners), and I do usually tell them most of my personal issues, but I dunno, I feel that writing it is easier, and getting responses is even better... Especially when they're from people of my culture (this is not a racist commenty thingy...)... But yesh, thank you very much.

@yalie: What your mum said is very... sad. I really feel for you. There are times when my mum goes on and on about how it'd be better off she she died and went to heaven. In her words in Chinese, "she doesn't have the eyes to see"... That's the exact translation, doesn't make any sense, lol. What hurts so much is that I DO have this good relationship with them, and I DO value them more than my friends, admittedly. I don't know what on earth I would do without them... or my brother. My brother's my rock, pretty much.

I keep most things from my parents and tell my friends. I've learned that my parents have different thoughts from mine; they'll respond differently than I would've wanted them to... My friends understand better. That's why. I tell my brother, Ken, too, but sometimes he's too young... sweatdrop If I ever tried (and I have) to tell my parents something, I always get the wrong response, always end up arguing. I gave up on trying to talk to them long ago... Well, we still argue, but I don't tell them everything.

I do argue with my parents a lot, usually started separately, but once I start an argument with one, he/she would tell the other and the other would have a go at me, then both of them. It's really... stressing, having to cope with that. I don't want to fight, I just want to say what I think. After all the arguing, every time I even "debate" with them, I get stressed, loud and argumentative (just... a reaction, habit, I fear), which makes my parents even more angry (they think I have an attitude problemo....). I'm only ever like that with my family (as in, moody, loud, argumentative, bitchy), and my parents keep going on how I respect teachers not them, how I value my friends more, etc. But I can't stop myself being "unrespectful". I can't. I find it hard not to answer back, because my dad especially, says the most... annoying things in the world. It's... infuriating, is all I can say! sweatdrop sad

But yesh, it's fine, yalie... I didn't expect you could help me, but knowing that you're there is great.... very comforting. biggrin

@Toki: I would most definitely die for my parents. They're two of the most important people in my life. The other being my ickle brother. xd But the arguments make me sad, due to our great relationship. It only started going wrong when I started... well, growing up. My views changed, I wanted much more freedom.

It sounds terrible for you... Do you mind not having that relationship with your parents? For me, since I've grown up like this, it's difficult imagining myself not being looked after by my parents, so I need them, but at the same time despise having to argue with them and live with them sometimes. Gah, it's confusing! confused I will never end up cutting them out of my life, due to this fact... I'm too reliable on them... sad

@Toki and yalie: I have been having dinner with my family for every day I am at home for the last ffiteen years of my life. sweatdrop When I'm angry with them I don't say anything. In a sense, I used to think I had the perfect family; totally unaware there were such things as family problems... Now I know very well.... My brother's starting to grow up too; that'll be a blast... He seems to be showing symptons of rebelliousness... *sigh* Like me. And that too is slightly blamed on yours truly. I'm a bad influence. sad Makes me feel like I'm not doing a good enough job; just makes me feel like I hate myself even more than I already do...

@Niph: wow, you went to Bristol? eek Goodness... On foot?! I'm glad your parents loosened up a bit... biggrin

I agree with you about taking parents for granted and stuff. Ditto for the culture thing. I do take my parents for granted... I just do, and I admit it shamefully.... sad

@JhonnyRaincloud: o.O;; WHY? Why did you scratch your cavity?? What in god's name provoked you to do such a strange thing?
lol why don't you shout all the things you just said to us to your parents along with "Would you like me to be your slave too?!?! Would like me to marry some old fat rich guy to give you face?! Do you like knowing that you're killing me?! Would you like me to die? If you want me to I'll kill myself right now!! Save you the trouble of paying for anymore expenses!" lol. sorry, but if i had your parents that's what I would say. anyway don't worry about what my mother said to me. When I was that little I cared and cried alot, but now that I'm older I know how to make it good for me, and how things like that can be beneficial for me and I wish sooo much that she'd say that again, and really stop being my mother. make things so much simpler... but then I wouldn't know what to call. just like that time... I don't think I called her anything. Of course I'd have to be respectful to my teachers. I have to see my teachers everyday, and they'll be writing my letters of recommendations, and my grades and transcripts too. If they didn't then I would've told them all to stfu and go jump in a river along time ago lol. anyways I don't care much about brining my family close together. It's been this way, with each of us being seperated for so long that now that my dad is starting to show intrest in my life is strange, unsettling, twilight-zone ish and a nuisance. As for my little brother... yeah I'm a bad influence on him. My mom says that I'm the only one he listens to. Too bad I don't really care much. And he is now currently self sufficient also. Basic neccesities such as food, clothing and a roof over our heads we need our parents for, but that's about it. I just need to get my license and we're pretty much taking care of ourselves and we like it that way. It gives us a taste of the real world and independance that I don't want to give up. And my little brother really is taking after me, except for the video games part. Maybe he'll grow up to be a nice little dictator after all. lol rofl
@tapioka: pirate pirate pirate rofl  

yalie5

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:24 pm
@Jhonny: Your avvie looks wierd. eek What happened to it?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 113 114 115 116 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games