Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply OOC
Flight Rising Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 308 309 310 311 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wingseagle

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 am
Tiarana
Wingseagle
Tiarana
Wingseagle
Psst >.>
<.<

Would someone mind telling me what dominance is all about? I can't pull up the page linked in the guided until I choose a flight and make my first dragon. orz
Also waffling between the arcane, nature, earth, and wind flights. orz

Dominance gets you various benefits, which they've just recently changed!
First Place
+1500 treasure a day
15% off treasure marketplace items
5% off lair expansions
+3 gathering turns
Second Place
+750 treasure a day
7% off treasure marketplace items
1% off lair expansions
+2 gathering turns
Third Place
+375 treasure a day
+1 gathering turns

Most people pick their flights on the basis of eye color, which you can play around with in the scrying workshop (assuming you can access it at this point). Soooome people pick on the basis of flight culture but honestly I don't have much to recommend there XD You do get one free flight-change if you decide you dislike your flight for whatever reason!

I am fairly certain I may have found a link to said workshop and have been redirected to make my first dragon. orz

SO out of all I should maybe choose more for eye color and dominance? (would land me in a completely different spot than if I went for lore/potential people in clan according to this thread.

Pick based on whatever you want. XD If those dom benefits sound good, go for someone who pushes dom a lot...if you care about dragon eye color (honestly, I don't)...go with the flight with eyes you like the most...if you care about lore, go for lore XD I did choose my flight on the basis of lore, and subsequently found that we go for dom fairly often, at least informally, and I like my eye color too so! Good by me. (I'm in lightning.) And again, you get a free pass if your priorities change, which they probably will!

I was more thinking... dd eye colors are ok, and don't matter too much because most of the dragon eyes are so teeny? And then I don't know if I should care about Dom or not (It's not normally the type of thing I would care at all about, and I'm pretty frugal anyways so does a discount really mater?)
Or would I have more fun with the Nature flight that supposedly ahs a number of gardeners being a horticulturalist myself? Along those same lines I'm into science and biology so lightning?
Perhaps reading that thread made it more complicated than it should be. orz  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am
Wingseagle
I was more thinking... dd eye colors are ok, and don't matter too much because most of the dragon eyes are so teeny? And then I don't know if I should care about Dom or not (It's not normally the type of thing I would care at all about, and I'm pretty frugal anyways so does a discount really mater?)
Or would I have more fun with the Nature flight that supposedly ahs a number of gardeners being a horticulturalist myself? Along those same lines I'm into science and biology so lightning?

the discount is really only relevant if you want to buy big ticket items, like gene scrolls...which, of course, are probably *most* of what you'll be buying if you're buying anything. probably. Some people prefer to just buy already-fancy dragons, which are abundantly available. =shrugs= And every flight DOES go for dom occasionally, so if you're perfectly capable of saving up for those times, a flight that doesn't push often makes as much sense as a flight that does.
Flight culture only really matters if you plan on being active in the forums. If you aren't, just pick whichever one appeals most to you, lol. At the end of the day most flights are pretty similar (and the more people join, the more similar they'll become).  

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 am
Or.. If you're strange like me, i picked my flight based on how the nesting grounds looks.
Plague called out to me.
Only learned about dragons' eyes colours after joining. rofl

I like how matopers are spread across flights. So if i ever needed something, or if they needed something, all we have to do is ask. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 am
Thanks for the help Tia! ^^
Tiarana
Wingseagle

the discount is really only relevant if you want to buy big ticket items, like gene scrolls...which, of course, are probably *most* of what you'll be buying if you're buying anything. probably. Some people prefer to just buy already-fancy dragons, which are abundantly available. =shrugs= And every flight DOES go for dom occasionally, so if you're perfectly capable of saving up for those times, a flight that doesn't push often makes as much sense as a flight that does.
Flight culture only really matters if you plan on being active in the forums. If you aren't, just pick whichever one appeals most to you, lol. At the end of the day most flights are pretty similar (and the more people join, the more similar they'll become).

Wingseagle

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Wingseagle

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 am
FrostyPeaches
Or.. If you're strange like me, i picked my flight based on how the nesting grounds looks.
Plague called out to me.
Only learned about dragons' eyes colours after joining. rofl

I like how matopers are spread across flights. So if i ever needed something, or if they needed something, all we have to do is ask. ninja

This too! I think earth is calling to me more than anything so ill go see how that pans out and use my free switch if I need to.

Oh! I am Woodlark if anyone is interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:45 pm
Lural
i've tripped into dragon hell
my name is abakkus, i'm shadow element (:  

abkvs
Crew

Trash Vampire

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 pm
Abbacus
Lural
i've tripped into dragon hell
my name is abakkus, i'm shadow element (:

We're glad to have you! Let the dragon spam commence!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 pm
you guys are so nice ; u ; <333  

abkvs
Crew

Trash Vampire

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Also found my way to Flight Rising
      username is Ghouls (actual L!!!)
      Plague Clan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:29 pm
xD I picked my original flight based on the description, but decided I really wasn't a fan of the pink eyes that arcane gave...so when they allowed a free flight change, I went to light :3 [/personal experience] x'D  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:28 pm
/cries
clicks on abbs' clan profile
sees shadow art for the first time
oh my god, shadow nests are gorgeous

PLAGUELINGS HOLD ME DOWN

GhouIs

Sent you a thing!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:35 pm

I SAW, MORPHY! TYSM. /cherishes her

GhouIs

Anxious Phantom

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:53 pm
take my dragons, seriously
(some of them I don't seriously expect anyone to want XD)
(can give scrolls of renaming if their dumb names do not appeal to you rofl)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm
Wingseagle

Sent you a thing too now that we are frands!  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 pm
So, some dragons that I'm willing to give awayyyy, if any of them are ones people would like (sorry, they're all named, as they were dragons I intended to hang onto...alas lair space has me selling some!):

Gen 1s:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noche; Navy/Royal/Silver

Apollo; Gold/Teal/Azure

Avalon; Navy/Silver/Storm

Non Gen 1s:

Godiva; Chocolate Ripple/Gold Shimmer/Gold Gembond

Tuyet (has been bred); Ice Tiger/Shadow Seraph/Leaf Basic  
OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 308 309 310 311 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games