Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokioka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Okay, so wearing a tracksuit doesn't automatically make you a chav, but an awful lot of them do wear trackies. Usually the type with a sport brand like Adidas or Rebok and two vertical lines on the side of the arms and legs.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:26 pm

Yay holidays! ^^
How is everyone?
I'm new. mrgreen

cherrisoda

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:30 pm

Tokioka
Okay, so wearing a tracksuit doesn't automatically make you a chav, but an awful lot of them do wear trackies. Usually the type with a sport brand like Adidas or Rebok and two vertical lines on the side of the arms and legs.

Unfortunately those are the kinds of clothes I usually always wear. I have like 3 pairs of tracksuits and matching pants. sweatdrop But I think you have to actually look like a Greek or an Italian and be wearing those kinds of clothes to be called a Chav.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:14 am

'elfy, do you even know what a chav is? Why would you have to look Greek or Italian..? sweatdrop

Niphredil Ithilmir

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:40 pm

If you've ever stood outside of McDonalds for more then 4mins Tok, you're a chav.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:40 pm

SurvivingPyrodoxManiac...
If you've ever stood outside of McDonalds for more then 4mins Tok, you're a chav.
Yeh I really don't see the point in that. Just go in fools, no point in crowding round the entrance and just generally being a menace to society. >.>

Tokioka

cherrisoda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:55 pm

O.o does crowding around the middle of the path outside Hungry Jacks....Oh okay then. xD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:40 pm

I only have two weeks left of my swim season! its that sad. well then i dont have highschool swim team i then have my yearround team. yea whatever anyways to what you guys are talking about. why does what you wear make what you are? I mean i wear what i think is comfy and people think im trying to be someone im not but im just being who i am wearing what i think is cute nad comfy. stereotypes suck.

Kodocha579

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:20 pm

Niphredil Ithilmir
'elfy, do you even know what a chav is? Why would you have to look Greek or Italian..? sweatdrop

Yes I do, but I made a mistake about having to look like a Greek or Italian. Actually all white caucasian teenagers/young adults have the potential to be chavs.
But I'm not sure whether or not asian teenagers who follow the same chav stereotype can still be called chavs, as I think there's another definition for them. Nevertheless, chav types are less common amongst Asians than with whites. xd
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:52 am

Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir

Yes I do, but I made a mistake about having to look like a Greek or Italian. Actually all white caucasian teenagers/young adults have the potential to be chavs.
But I'm not sure whether or not asian teenagers who follow the same chav stereotype can still be called chavs, as I think there's another definition for them. Nevertheless, chav types are less common amongst Asians than with whites. xd
True.

I think it's cos our parents watch us like hawks and somehow stop us from getting in with the wrong crowd. Plus a lot of chavs are racists... I don't think I've seen a black chav before. I think the black style of chav has more of a hip hop influence, taking the examples set by fiddy cent and other rappers.

Tokioka

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:35 am

Definitely. I do know some Asian people who are quite chavish but I think they're the exceptions rather than the rule.

@CH - Mmn, yeah. Agree.

@snow - It doesn't make you who you are, we were just saying that. 3nodding Well, I'm sure you'll find other things to fill your timetable other than swimming..
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Niphredil Ithilmir
Definitely. I do know some Asian people who are quite chavish but I think they're the exceptions rather than the rule.

@CH - Mmn, yeah. Agree.

@snow - It doesn't make you who you are, we were just saying that. 3nodding Well, I'm sure you'll find other things to fill your timetable other than swimming..

Asians maybe, Chinese? Never seen one. Parents wont let it happen,

I ran out of name changes

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:15 pm

Mmn, yeah, Chinese as well.. sweatdrop

CH, you've changed your name again? sweatdrop
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 pm

(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

Asian parents don't want their children to become some kind of rebel, you see, parents are afraid that their children might start smacking them in the future, and the parents would get all embaressed by their relatives and friends because their child is out there causing chaos. Which prooves the parents aren't such good parents.
Also, they are way to protective...like asking you
"What sort of friends do you have at school"
or
"Where did you learn that language from?" =O

They do all that just because they want us to pursue in careers that makes a lot of money...therefore turning us into some money making machines >___>;;

Thats what my mum always hoped...for me to get friends that aren't so rebellious, help her around the house, decide to become a doctor when I'm older and become one of her dream daughters >____>;;

Stupid parents, always planning out our life/future for us Dx

EDIT: CH has changed his name again? o_____O
How many times has he changed it?
- counts -

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

` T a p i o c a `

Tokioka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:35 pm

xd

What are you doing CH?
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games