Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Sapphire
Sin`s parents are like that too.

She also always worried about what other parents think of her.

=="

[White-Black Joker Hat]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:45 pm
Tokioka
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir
'elfy, do you even know what a chav is? Why would you have to look Greek or Italian..? sweatdrop

Yes I do, but I made a mistake about having to look like a Greek or Italian. Actually all white caucasian teenagers/young adults have the potential to be chavs.
But I'm not sure whether or not asian teenagers who follow the same chav stereotype can still be called chavs, as I think there's another definition for them. Nevertheless, chav types are less common amongst Asians than with whites. xd
True.

I think it's cos our parents watch us like hawks and somehow stop us from getting in with the wrong crowd. Plus a lot of chavs are racists... I don't think I've seen a black chav before. I think the black style of chav has more of a hip hop influence, taking the examples set by fiddy cent and other rappers.

Yeah well, even though most Chinese kids are brought up to be respectful and taught Asian values, there's always Chinese versions of Chavs out there, just like there are black hoods. But of course it's the white chavs that earn the most ire out of everyone.

Homg, CH's changed his name again! What ever will he think of next? blaugh rofl xd  

Minielf

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:39 am
[...sinfulanjel...]

User Image

Sapphire
Sin`s parents are like that too.

She also always worried about what other parents think of her.

=="

[White-Black Joker Hat]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

I already know what my parents think of me >___>;;

They descirbe me:

- Lazy
- Low IQ
- Doesn't use my IQ at all
- Old fashioned
- Useless
- Weird

stressed

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:45 am
Yeah.. I find it so annoying that every time I achieve something my first thought is "my parents will be happy =)" >__<;; but it's sort of habitual now..

A common question from my parents when I talk about a new friend or just some random person at school.. "and are they good at their studies?" stressed  

Niphredil Ithilmir

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:59 pm
xD

My parents on the other hand ish all 'I don't care how good your friends do in School, I just want you to be the best. D<'

And a whole load of crap about how great they were in school.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:32 pm

User Image

What my mum thinks of me: Lazy.

And she goes on about how she used to work when she was young everyday after school.

What other parents think of me: Either a bad influence or a good girl.

:/

[White-Black Joker Hat]

xiiao-ai

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:34 pm
My mum just keeps telling me about how she used to practise 4 hours a day of violin.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:18 pm
My mum thinks that I'm stupid and lazy. She doesn't understand how I used to study a week before a test everyday ((doing maths exercises)) and now I just sit in front of the computer. xd
I fail at maths. =((

cherrisoda

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:21 pm
My parents would always say how they had to wake up super early to walk an hour and a half to get to school and how after school they'd go and collect water from a well and work in a family owned shop, delivering food and drink.

Tch. Always trying to get my bro and I to appreciate their rubbish childhoods. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:22 pm
Tokioka

Tch. Always trying to get my bro and I to appreciate their rubbish childhoods. rolleyes
Oh. Em. Gee.
That's what they always talk about when I "act up".
In cantonese: "You know when I was your age..."
"We never had it this good!"
Etc.

cherrisoda

Sabaku__no__Gaara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm
Argh.

It's not only about what a hard childhood they had, they dragged by grandpa in this too.

>.>

He was an orphan, and started working at an early age to keep his kid brother in school.

Then he was lucky and got picked to be sponsored and went to school.

And now he's all educated and such.

rolleyes

Sure, that's pretty awesome to be able to do that, but c'mon.

People like my grandfather is like one in a million.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:31 pm
Same thing here. Both my parents think I'm way too lazy and underachieving, as they compare me to some of fellow classmates and younger cousins who've like achieved incredible study scores or gotten awards. They also deride me heavily for not going for the Medicine/Law/Commerce heavy path that 99% of all Asian kids take when they get to uni. Perhaps I'm just one of the few Asians who prefers literature more and is intellectually as smart.

Anyhow, both my parents and grandparents talk about how hard and extraordinary their lives were. My grandpa was a soldier in the PLA, and served in Xinjiang for like seven years, before becoming a famous scholar for the rest of his life, and during that time he narrowly escaped being executed by red guards. Whilst my mother was drafted into the army at 15 and served as a pyshio in the south and was almost forced to go into combat during the the 1979 China-Vietnam War. Obviously both my grandpa and my mother have influenced me the most.  

Minielf

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:00 am
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

I always get those "When I was your age..."s gonk

I just feel like telling them to shut up, cos they tell me those freaking stoires at least more than once every month. mad

About how hard life was, how poor they were and such...

My mum keeps telling me the full detail story about her getting captured while escaping Vietnam and then getting thrown in jail.
And that everytime she came home she had to help her family with the shop, and how she only gets one outfit a year rolleyes

And my dad, always wanting to stay at school and learn more...why don't I swap places with him and see how he likes it >=]
And quite the same as my mum's life...
Dull, hard, miserable~

I'm getting tired of those stoires.
They know I know that I have those stories stuck in my head now, no need to repeat them Dx

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:19 am
Woah.. such a huge bitching session about parents xD

Niph ish tired and needs sleeeeeeeep. xp  

Niphredil Ithilmir

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:08 pm

User Image

Then go to sleep Niph.

Mini
Tch.

Comparisons.

My mum always does compares me to a family friend who's my age.

And she's always like:

"Oh, he got a -blah-' and you only got a -worse than him-.

And he's good and smart because he studies

You should study more -my name- and be smart like him."

>>

[White-Black Joker Hat]

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games