Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Stupid entries in the avatar arena... annoying or what?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Silver_Starlight_x

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:13 am
Eh. We were all n00bs ourselves at one point. I'm sure each of us did something stupid when we first came. They'll grow out of it, but, of course, a new n00b will take there place. I do find them annoying in the arenas, but I've learned to live with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:21 am
Yeah we have to try make cash.. but it surley is annoying..
i Want to start voting 10's again.. and i cant with all the n00b's XD;

Tangled`

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:41 am
Obviously so. Though I've come across a great deal of good ones too. They aren't all THAT bad. ♥  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:42 am
Best part of them are.. D<  

Tangled`

AMG IS MATTY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:24 am
NeonLadyMarmalade
Aggrhh!

I've just been browsing through the avatar arena, and by god, half of the entries are by illiterate newbies wearing starter clothes!

This affects the score of those who have saved for years for their avatar, due to so called 'team loyalty!

I mean, some of the entries are stunning! But the 1k fee was meant to put people off submitting such atrocious avatars...

Does it annoy you when you find an avatar with starter gear, no title or description, or a description saying...

"im seeexy vote 4 me an ill give you gold lol lots of cookies as well cos im cool and seeexy!

What do you think should do done about it? Higher entrance fee? Or a minimum member time?

Neon x/o___
I know is annoying especially when other noobs say it looks cool!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:25 am
I hate it, but no matter what happens, there'll always be noobs there.  

`Kerosene

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:31 am
well i entered this avie in the arena >.< i think i should loose the mask...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:43 am
never mind i with drew someone said my avie sucked...sooo i'll just work on it...  

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Usagimitai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:44 am
people can do what they want. what I find annoying it the thousands of people who feel they need to put everyone down!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:50 am
yeah...
she said it dosent look like i put anywork in to my avie at all
she said its not even a cosplay....i wasnt going for a cosplay...  

SilentRedemption

Loyal Giver

8,950 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Resting Bitchface

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:07 am
Usagimitai
people can do what they want. what I find annoying it the thousands of people who feel they need to put everyone down!

Of course people can do what they want, I wasn't suggesting otherwise.
My point is, if someone has worked their arse off to get hold of the gold to create an amazing avatar, they don't want to see aload of scuzzy avatars along side them because chances are, they'll be underscored by those desperate few, and the bots, and their hard work will become undermined.

Also, personally, I rarely comment on the 'bad' entries. But for those who choose to do that, they have good reason because it is extremley irritating!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:54 am
Yeah but as long as they don't win it doesn't really matter. it's their own gold xP
Although it is annoying to be browsing through trying to look at good avatars and all you see is starter clothes and the like.

Coquilles

WhyAreYouStalkingMe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Tons of n00bs enter the arena because there's a whole 50k being dangled in front of their eyes, a temptation that's hard for many of them to resist. If they got rid of the reward money for placing, I'm sure there'd be a lot less n00bs in the arena, but then again, there'd probably be a lot less people in general in the arena. xD;;

I regularly vote in the arena, so I'm pretty sued to the n00bish entries, but yesh, they're still really annoying. ><;;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:49 pm
I think ppl who know that their not going to win but enter the avatar contest anyways are dumb..that's a waste of 1k... sweatdrop  

Aoi-Tsuki_Yuki

Aoi-Tsuki_Yuki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:52 pm
ChibiKittenChan
Tons of n00bs enter the arena because there's a whole 50k being dangled in front of their eyes, a temptation that's hard for many of them to resist. If they got rid of the reward money for placing, I'm sure there'd be a lot less n00bs in the arena, but then again, there'd probably be a lot less people in general in the arena. xD;;

I regularly vote in the arena, so I'm pretty sued to the n00bish entries, but yesh, they're still really annoying. ><;;

haha I agree who wouldn't want to win a free 50k but the point is there's no point even entering if you can SEE that clearly you're not going to win and ppl are always going to vote low anyways.... sweatdrop  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff