Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Zomg i have to get surgery=( Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you every had surgery?
  yea and i was scared as hell
  yea i was cool about
  nope and never want to
View Results

DumberDan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:05 pm
I can't even imagine surgery, even though I've had it when I was a young child, but that doesn't count. But man oh man, jeez, I'd be scared if I had to get knocked out and wake up to find something missing somewhere. Well, better than making you stay awake while they do that stuff to ya.

But wow, all of that for braces!? Man! Luckily for me my mom pestered me to take good care of my teeth, no cavities yet!

mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:08 pm
I had four wisdom teeth removed at once....o.o
I was awake throughout the procedure and was allowed to listen to music. I just picked a favorite song and played it at full blast (my only complaint about the surgery was that I couldn't hear my music over the sound of the drill xD). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sleeping with an ice pack on either side of my jaw (wrapped in towels to prevent waking up with frostbite xP) help keep most of the swelling down. =]  

Krad_Hikari

Whos That Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:10 pm
I had surgery when I was a baby, for what for, I don't know. Andf I don't remember anything about it.

I just have a big scar on my back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:11 pm
honestly, hitting the age of 12 is what started out my whole surgery-ness i've gone through.

I was scared the first time i got one done... only because I didn't know what to expect. It happens but it's not a big deal.

The next surgery I had was when I was 14 and got my wisdom teeth removed. Don't fret about mouth surgery, your mouth is one of the fastest healing parts of your body. I only had to take advil to get rid of the pain, so it wasn't bad. Then just this year, (with me being 17 now) I've gone through 2 surgeries within a 3 month period, one in march and one in june. The one is march was for the same thing that i had to go through when I was 12 and my 2nd one was to get my gallbladder removed, which is still giving me grief at times and my incisions are still healing even after it being 2 months now.

Believe me, it's not as bad as it seems especially since it's your mouth, hell i had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, i thought it was going to be worse then it was... even with the cotton balls in my mouth I was chatting up a storm. biggrin rofl I thought I was going to get killed by my mom who feared i was going to tear my stitches.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm
x__P o e t
I`ve had to have my wisdom teeth taken out and it wasn`t near as bad as I thought. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it. But only because of the meds I got. :]

Hopefully your`s will go well.

lawlz, i got nice meds for my wisdom teeth as well but I had issues taking them.. they made my pain worse for some odd reason, but then i got the same ones again for my gallbladder... and man I felt goooodd xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 pm
x__P o e t
I`ve had to have my wisdom teeth taken out and it wasn`t near as bad as I thought. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it. But only because of the meds I got. :]

I don't remember ANYTHING from the week after I got my wisdom teeth out.
I think the meds were a little strong xd

x3 thisismysn x3

Hottiebrat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:01 pm
x3 thisismysn x3
x__P o e t

I don't remember ANYTHING from the week after I got my wisdom teeth out.
I think the meds were a little strong xd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Help me get my penguinsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

lucky people... I had all four of my wisdom teeth out at once and all they did was numb me and then the meds they gave me didn't even work stare oh well I lived xd
Pretty Please User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 pm
When i got my wisdom teeth removed it took about 20 minutes, and it didnt hurt while i was recovering (yay pain killers)

otherwise just relax, and if possible enjoy yourself (lots of ice cream)
otherwise your worries are all in the head  

Alphabear

rcnguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:42 pm
i wouldnt think about it soo much i mean before you know it it will be all over with...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:40 pm
i never had surgery, but good luck with yours and i hope everything goes all right. im sure it will. U will feel much better when it is overwith cuz u wont have to worry about it anymore.  

mods helper

LurkingShadowCreature

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 pm
I never had a surgery. I had stitch in my finger when I was 6, though. Me+knife in Kindergarden= No good. stare

Good luck, though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:16 am
they put me in such a deep sleep i didnt feel a thing, woke up and slept for like 2 days though lol  

Mindreaper8

J h a y b z_0 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 am
ninja save your goodbyes...

ninja

hmm...i havent experienced getting surgery, but gudluck...hope it goes well...

its not the end of the world... ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:45 am
ive never broken/fractured any bone in my life so far. i have had braces for one year though. it only hurt when i first got them and hwen they tightened them. good luck on ur surgery.  

Afro SEAL

Kaltaka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:56 am
I had a thyroid surgery a year or two ago. Lemme tell you its a little nervous but seriously, nothing to worry about. Dude, going to sleep is like awesome. I swear I was talking with the nurse while on the table and the next millisecond, someone is shaking me lightly to wake me up.

.. course i didn't want to wake up...

But afterwards it was painful, especially if your immune to morphine.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff