Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist Characters In Television Shows! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

banryuu

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 am
Mmmmmmm... House *drool* he is my 2nd favorite Jack-a**. (my honey is #1)
How about the episode with the Jewish chick and house figured out she was sick because her Kidney wasn't attached properly... House proved that House>God cuz he wouldn't have screwed up like that.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can anyone tell me if any or the crew from N.C.I.S is atheist? I swear one of these two is User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gibbs who seems to have lost his faith in God when his 1st wife and daughter died, or Abby who only believes in what she can learn though science/Gibbs... aside from the fact that she bowls with nuns.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:29 pm
OH! I got another one. I just started watching Rescue Me, and in the very 1st episode the main guy 'Tommy' (Denis Leary) says "You know what... If there is a God he's got a whole s**t-load of explaining to do."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. After watching more I've found that he is a Chatholic who has not only lost his faith but pretty much tossed it out of the window after 9/11  

banryuu

Nardone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:03 pm
CaprinaePsi
Fenky
It's not official but I'm pretty sure Homer Simpson is an atheist. He at least doesn't believe in Jeebus.

No, he's just a crappy Christian. There was an episode where he predicted the "apocalypse" by using the bible, though, so he's definitely not an atheist... just really ******** stupid.

haha hes is a crappy catholic XD remember the episode where he became a priest to marry all the gays in his town to buy a new flat screen tv? haha i love that one XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:55 pm
Nardone
CaprinaePsi
Fenky
It's not official but I'm pretty sure Homer Simpson is an atheist. He at least doesn't believe in Jeebus.

No, he's just a crappy Christian. There was an episode where he predicted the "apocalypse" by using the bible, though, so he's definitely not an atheist... just really ******** stupid.

haha hes is a crappy catholic XD remember the episode where he became a priest to marry all the gays in his town to buy a new flat screen tv? haha i love that one XD

In the episode where he became smart, he proved that god did not exist. However, eventually he returned to his dimwitted state.  

adolfchrist

Erlea

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm
Temperance Brennan, aka Bones, is also atheist. Awesome show with a great cast. Her former assistant, Zach Addy, is also a rationalist all the way ... unless you ask his mother, then he's Lutheran.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:06 am
Don't forget about south park. Recently that show's been hitting the christians hard with their economy and disney episodes. Damn their micky mouse impression is awesome.  

G4NTZ

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 am

I'm pretty sure Abby is a practicing Catholic. But Dr. Cameron (House) is an atheist and I think Dr. Chase might've lost his faith as well.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 am
oh ok i get it now
you guys are talking about the "characters"
and not the "actors"
although I think the main guy in House is atheist for real  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Yes, Hugh Laurie is an atheist.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:53 pm
User Image
There. I changed the title to avoid confusion.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

G4NTZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:18 pm
I'm not sure if the characters from south park are atheists. Female Garrison and Richard Dawkins got together in a 2 parter, but I'm not sure if it led to anything. I guess it's hard to have atheist characters in it because god, satan, and jesus have made a few appearances.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 pm
Brian from Family Guy.  

I Am A Mountie

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out