Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Banning - What about the rare items? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
  Absolutely!
  Kind of...
  Not at all (please explain)
  Oh hell, i don't know x_x
View Results

Felix69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 am
That would be a good idea. It would only be for the accounts that are banned for life right? because that wouldn't be fair if a account got banned for 6 days and when they try to log in, he/she finds out that the account was deleted! The owner of the account would be furous if that happened!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:27 am
There should be a way to delete your old avatars, but then if you got hacked the hacker could delete your present avatar and your account will be lost forever along with your items.  

Cherry Choo

XAmberrXO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 am
Greta Von Gash
There should be a way to delete your old avatars, but then if you got hacked the hacker could delete your present avatar and your account will be lost forever along with your items.

one of my friends got hacked and the hacker changed her password so she couldn't get back on  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:35 am
I do not think items should ever be removed from an acccount, be it a banned account or inactive account or anything.

Lately it is taking longer and longer to have a mod even look into an unfair banning. I think all users who are banned should have the chance to plead their case and try to get their accounts back.

Admins can (and SHOULD!!!) come up with other ways to add more of the older MCs into circulation.  

jessyta

Original Sex Symbol

Breath of Vermillion

4,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:50 am
I think they should at least let you get your items if your account got banned even if it was an accident. But If it was a big deal for the ban they should at least have some kind of drawings or giveway for the items then delete the account. Something like that, you know.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:35 am
ooooooooo! I like the sound of that!! biggrin smile 3nodding xd whee wink cool 4laugh  

Darks Angel forever1

Blessed Friend

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Expert Skill 150

Creeped

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:40 am
...For some reason I recall reading something about this, the mods saying they couldn't delete data from accounts 'cause it's tied in with forums, threads, blah blah blah... Plus, getting a user's items would be a hassle and I doubt they'd want to do such a thing. ...I'm in no hurry to find something on it, but if you want me to try to re-find it, I could try.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:14 am
jessyta
Admins can (and SHOULD!!!) come up with other ways to add more of the older MCs into circulation.

doing that could potentially kill the value of mc's as they are expensive because they are a one time deal  

calcifer9

CLmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 am
You guys realize that there is no way to delete an account on this site, right?

I don't remember where I saw that at but I know it completely true.

MCs should remain how they are, even if they are in the hands of banned users. Recycling items would still be very strange matter. They would have to some how make sure no one won't like it. What I'd like to see is a small giveaway done by admins that does that kinda stuff. But not enough of it to kill the price of some of the older stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:03 am
staranime
But the person worked hard for their stuff...
There has been petitions to get accounts back for innocent people...
The deleting thing wouldn't be a good idea...
Having the items in a giftbox would make giftboxes go higher.It would be unfair to have expensive items in daily chance because the item could go to a person who doesn't deserve it...
But it wouldn't be deleted immediately. It would give people time to petition to be unbanned if that is possible. If they worked 'hard' for their items by selling things for real money or something like that and DID deserve to be banned, then it would be completely fair. In terms of the items being distributed, the point is to find a good solution. It doesn't necessarily have to go into giftboxes or anything like that.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:05 am
Pailzor
I've already asked a couple mods about possibly using items from banned accounts to support the giveaway once Peasant and Goddess run out of gold....

They've said no, giving the reason of it not being right to unfairly banned accounts.
This means that your idea will also not work..
well if it's unfairly banned, why don't they unban it? That just doesn't seem to fit all together here. If they've been unfairly banned.. why are they still banned? Why aren't they doing anything about it? Sometimes i think the Mods just don't care or don't want to come up with solutions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:06 am
I know how you feel but many people, just want to take a break from gaia, and will not give or sell all their items or whatever because they still want stuff when they come back...
♪♥♪

WalkingEpidemic

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:07 am
ChibiKittenChan
Yeah, I think deleting the banned accounts is a really good idea. :3 <3 Do you know how many usernames there are that belong to people who've been banned that a lot of people would love to use now? :0

And not only that, but it would save space on Gaia... that would be a lot less acounts if you deleted all the banned ones. And isn't Gaia always doing new things (Such as the "letters and numbers only" username thing they used to have, and the fact that we now have a limit of 500 comments in our profile comment boxes until our oldest ones start getting deleted after getting new ones. xP) to make room? >>;;

And yeah, more rare items to go around would be awesomeness. :0 <3 Especially since I got really worried when I only saw THREE Golden Laurels in the marketplace two days ago.
There's about eight or so in the marketplace now, but now they're about 60k higher. D;
good points. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 am
Felix69
That would be a good idea. It would only be for the accounts that are banned for life right? because that wouldn't be fair if a account got banned for 6 days and when they try to log in, he/she finds out that the account was deleted! The owner of the account would be furous if that happened!
Yes. ONLY Permanent Ban. No way if its temp. That would be unfair.  

Stir Fried Muffin

Stir Fried Muffin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:12 am
Greta Von Gash
If you get hacked, your stuff would be gone anyways. maybe SOME commons would be left, but honestly, any REAL hacker would sell everything and anything and you'd be left with game items.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff