Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Elven Culture and Magics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:53 pm
Not that it should matter to you, Sengem, that people don't believe you. You've witnessed the elven world yourself, so you know it's real - why should anyone else's disbelief in a world you know to be true impact you at all?

Similarly, the rest of us believe pretty damn ridiculous things. Honestly - jerking off over a bunch of lines makes wishes come true? Talking to discarnate entities to make our enemies pay for petty slights? I don't think any one of us can claim that our beliefs make terrific amounts of sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:24 pm
Mitsh
Not that it should matter to you, Sengem, that people don't believe you. You've witnessed the elven world yourself, so you know it's real - why should anyone else's disbelief in a world you know to be true impact you at all?

Similarly, the rest of us believe pretty damn ridiculous things. Honestly - jerking off over a bunch of lines makes wishes come true? Talking to discarnate entities to make our enemies pay for petty slights? I don't think any one of us can claim that our beliefs make terrific amounts of sense.

Ah, but we must also remember that many of our beliefs have a long standing history, years and years of research and study by many people from many fields and backgrounds, as well as chronicled results and the practice of many people that can be used to back up any claims.

I personally believe that research and investigation is an essential part of occult study, which is the reason I joined this guild in the first place.  

Magus Initi

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 pm
Mitsh

This. I lawled really hard.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:08 pm
Personally, I don't actually practice many "occult" things (though I do know know many "spells" and what not. Just never used them.) I'm almost purely a theoretical magician. Though technically it should be hypothetical.  

Magus Initi

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:39 pm
To say i have a delusion of granduer isn't really fair since i haven't tried to brag or anything like that. as for the name of the rank, I'm confused whether you want the person or the rank itself? The person is Laven Myron the Rank is Gubicy.

and thanks mitsh. you have a good point.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:42 pm
Elfshaman
To say i have a delusion of granduer isn't really fair since i haven't tried to brag or anything like that. as for the name of the rank, I'm confused whether you want the person or the rank itself? The person is Laven Myron the Rank is Gubicy.

This sounds unfamiliar to me. This is what I believe: I think that you have created a realm for yourself in the astral. For me there are two types of elves, the light and the dark. They are called wights as an umbrella term.

I also suggest that you listen to this: Otherkin Podcast and This Podcast.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:12 am
Elfshaman
To say i have a delusion of granduer isn't really fair since i haven't tried to brag or anything like that.

You misunderstand my meaning. I didn't say you do have a delusion of grandeur, what I said is that "for all we know" you do. Basically, I said that we don't know if you do or not, just that it is a possibility. Besides, you don't have to go around bragging to have a delusion of grandeur. It is simply defined as, "A delusion in which one believes oneself possessed of great importance, power, wealth, intellect, or ability." another definition furthers this by also saying, "as manifested in such disorders as megalomania, general paresis, and paranoid schizophrenia. It may have a somatic or religious theme."

Interesting stuff, eh? Most people are delusional in some way or another, there are just some that are more extreme. Not saying that you're one of those people, but I can't rule out the possibility.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 am
Arcanist Angus
Elfshaman

This sounds unfamiliar to me. This is what I believe: I think that you have created a realm for yourself in the astral. For me there are two types of elves, the light and the dark. They are called wights as an umbrella term.

I also suggest that you listen to this: Otherkin Podcast and This Podcast.

i have never heard of the elves you're talking about either. so here's my question to you, why are yours more real than mine? the reason you would have enver heard of my elves would be because of the fact that they've never lived on earth(something i've mentioned either here or the other thread i have).  

Elfshaman

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:04 am
on whether this is real or not, i have no opinion. on whether you know anything of value regarding elves, it is clear you have absolutely no credible knowledge. still, i am interested in hearing about those unseen elements and Star... that struck me emediately.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:41 am
Elfshaman

i have never heard of the elves you're talking about either. so here's my question to you, why are yours more real than mine? the reason you would have enver heard of my elves would be because of the fact that they've never lived on earth(something i've mentioned either here or the other thread i have).

I never stated they were real, though in my system of beliefs, these are the ones I believe in. They are historically and mythologically recorded. Evidence as to why the could exist.

I don't remember you mentioning this. If they did not live on earth where did they live?

If we get into a conversation on the Nephlim...I will be so upset.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 am
Elfshaman

I think your thread on "Elf vs. Human" kinda disproves the bolded statement. I saw plenty of bragging.

On a side note, I agree with Mangus Young and I understand what Mitsh is saying.

Though, I don't think I've ever heard of jerking off to a few words to make a wish come true.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm
Namikikyo
Elfshaman

I think your thread on "Elf vs. Human" kinda disproves the bolded statement. I saw plenty of bragging.

On a side note, I agree with Mangus Young and I understand what Mitsh is saying.

Though, I don't think I've ever heard of jerking off to a few words to make a wish come true.

It's the primary way to use sigils in Chaos Magick. Also, I don't remember Sengem bragging in the other thread, aside from stipulating that elves were better in some respects than humans, and vice versa.

Arcanist Angus

How is this related to Nephilim?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:46 pm
Mitsh

Apparently the Nephilim left earth and were thought of as tall and fair and superior to humans. And all this about the superior race makes me think Aryan...or something.

Not sure.

/shrug  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:27 pm
Arcanist Angus
Mitsh

Apparently the Nephilim left earth and were thought of as tall and fair and superior to humans. And all this about the superior race makes me think Aryan...or something.

Not sure.

/shrug

i've never heard of them but no it's nothing like that. i had once mentioned the possibility due to the tales of tuatha but didn't find any good evidence so i gave up the idea.  

Elfshaman

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:01 pm
Mitsh
Namikikyo
Elfshaman

It's the primary way to use sigils in Chaos Magick. Also, I don't remember Sengem bragging in the other thread, aside from stipulating that elves were better in some respects than humans, and vice versa.

Arcanist Angus

I've never really heard anything about Chaos Magic besides servitors, Thank you.

People rarely start debates like that with the plan to lose, But I saw that too. Though I still feel it was treading, I apologize.

The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games