Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Are there any Republicans here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reverie0312

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:37 am
Rusty Conscience
haha...all my dad watches is Fox News...

He also watches CNN. He wants to hear both sides of the argument. 3nodding

My mother, however, refuses to even think about watching such a Liberal thing.

My bad on the Lib thing....sorry, all.

Haha. CNN isn't even all that liberal...It's pretty moderate. The far left hates it and the far right hates it, so it's probably as decent a middle ground as we're going to get. (I watch C-Span on occasion, but I read more politics than I watch.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:39 pm
From what I've seen, 'libs' is a term used to mean "anyone who doesn't agree with how we have dealt with something".
On the war in iraq, it is not that they do not support the troops, it's that they don;t think they should have been sent in in the first place.
Attacking a sovereign nation with no justification is a terrible precedent to make sad
It's going to hurt the US in the long run, really. Your reputation if nothing else. It seems that it was pushed through with a lynch-mob mentality, after the ease with which they crushed the Taliban armed forces. Although they never really did get to do much fighting against any al-queda troops.
The justifications before Afghanistan were flimsy, and were not borne out by the subsequent results. Iraq... that was a mess. A plain and total mess from start until now. And there is no end in sight.  

Redem

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Redem
From what I've seen, 'libs' is a term used to mean "anyone who doesn't agree with how we have dealt with something".
On the war in iraq, it is not that they do not support the troops, it's that they don;t think they should have been sent in in the first place.
Attacking a sovereign nation with no justification is a terrible precedent to make sad
It's going to hurt the US in the long run, really. Your reputation if nothing else. It seems that it was pushed through with a lynch-mob mentality, after the ease with which they crushed the Taliban armed forces. Although they never really did get to do much fighting against any al-queda troops.
The justifications before Afghanistan were flimsy, and were not borne out by the subsequent results. Iraq... that was a mess. A plain and total mess from start until now. And there is no end in sight.

Support the troops, ******** the war. It's the same reason I think German troops in World War II deserve as much respect as American troops. And the same reason I think insurgents deserve as much respect as the troops today. Anyone willing to give up their life for something they believe to be bigger than themselves deserves nothing but respect. Even for the troops who don't want to be there, but fight anyway...it takes balls more than anything else.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:40 pm
Fairyfly
Rusty Conscience
haha...all my dad watches is Fox News...

He also watches CNN. He wants to hear both sides of the argument. 3nodding

My mother, however, refuses to even think about watching such a Liberal thing.

My bad on the Lib thing....sorry, all.

Haha. CNN isn't even all that liberal...It's pretty moderate. The far left hates it and the far right hates it, so it's probably as decent a middle ground as we're going to get. (I watch C-Span on occasion, but I read more politics than I watch.)

I agree. I think CNN is probably the most unbiased new you'll find.

But my favorite is ABC news! They're so liberal it makes me giggle with glee. twisted See... but I acknowledge that it's bias and not 100% accurate, unlike most FOX junkies.

If I want to get the news straight-up with no bias, I do read CNN.  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Redem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 am
On the issue of news services... BBC news 24 FTW biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 am
I cannot claim to be democratic, or republican.

All I know is that some people consider my views liberal. I disagree with the idea of allowing yourself to be pushed into a political label.

Sanguvixen

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:10 pm
I'm Independent. Most of the time I vote the person that I think has the best plans. If I vote next year I will probably vote for one of the democrats.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:15 pm
I suppose I'm a libertarian, albiet a liberal libertarian. Everyone can marry, have sex, abort the kid, and do as they please, just leave my person, liberty, and money out of their pockets. If we're talking money, I usually agree with the Republicans.

But unless we're talking Spector, I'm voting Democrat.  

lyodpdl

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:52 pm
Republican? ROFFLE WAFFLES anyone?

When it comes to politics, I don't restrict myself to one party. First off, no
candidate is exactly like his/her party. Second, there are things I like, and
dislike about both the Republican and Democrat party. Third, did you know
that George Washington wanted us to not use political parties? Just because

the government today isn't the same as it was when it started that doesn't
mean we need parties to represent the candidates. Though, I'm usually
against the average Republican's ideology. Like I said, not everyone is the
same, even if they "belong" to the same party.

When it comes to how I would label my political views, I'm not sure. I'm not
all too familiar with the politcal labels people use today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:18 pm
I'd say I'm mostly Republican. (Screw the anti-label thing.) Capital punishment and guns, I'm for it. Abortion and more government control? Nah. (The feelings for the former aren't religious-based, but more about destroying unborn lives. As for the 'poor environment' argument, I'd yell at folks to just wear a rubber, but eh, it's not a perfect world.) I don't care if someone's gay or worship Satan, just so long as they don't try shoving their ideology down my throat.

Voting the straight ticket's kinda silly, I'm glad the system doesn't work like that anymore. Although, I'd be more willing to go Independent or Republican than Democrat, unless the options weren't terribly great. I'm not a big fan of liberals as a general rule... Although it's mostly the ones in the far left that I can't stand. But some right-wingers are just as nuts. Religious extremists especially... Muslims, Scientologists, folks under the general 'Christian' umbrella, et cetera.

I'm outta stuff to say, it's a little late.  

Alberic of Krufton

Nuclear Werewolf

GreenMagi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:07 am
I'm an Old-School Republican; Small-Government and Anti-Theocrazy.

I vote for the best man...and sometimes the lesser of the evils...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:10 pm
Rusty Conscience
I'm a Republican...mostly.

My family is hard core Republican. They pretty much hate Libs and are against pretty much everything they stand for. My father is an Atheist, too, I might add, so the religious generalization of Republicans doesn't apply to us.

My little sister is the worst of them. If it were up to her, she would burn all homosexuals and people that want peace and stuff like that. She just hates Libs and Democrats.

So, even though I'm not really that much of a Liberal, my family still calls me the Lib of the family because:

I support gay marriage
I have no religious "guidance" in my everyday life
and I would be a vegitarian and save the rainforest girl...if meat wasn't so good. Plus I hate tofu....

Anyway, I DO:

Support the war 100%.
Love working toward a good economy. (HOMELESS RATES ARE DOWN WITH BUSH IN OFFICE)
And I love this country. Extreme patriot here. People always b***h and complain about how horrible this place is, but they rarely make a move to leave. Why? Because this is a great country. They wouldn't have the right to complain if they lived in one of those communist countries. neutral More people want to move in than move out. What does that say?
STFU AMERICA HATERS! eek

Ok...there's my little rant. Anyway, I'm a Republican.

Your first paragraph pretty much described my family and I... though we aren't like "LIBERALS MUST DIE".

Yes, I am a Republican Atheist, and I feel like I'm a real minority. I'm not a republican because my family said so, though they did influence me throughout my childhood... but I have come to my own conclusions and consider myself slightly moderate.

The only issues I guess I'm moderate on are Gay marriage ( I'm neutral, I just don't care.)

And Stem cell research, which I am extremely passionate about. That's one of the faults of the Republican party... They hate the little stem cells sweatdrop crying

It bugs me when some people consider all Republicans Christians, it makes me cringe when I hear that. I don't think a political party has anything to do with one's religion, though it seems that there is a "pack mentality" anyway.

3nodding  

Jessica Malatori

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:18 pm
HOly ******** s**t. I am at loss of words for reading half of this thread. I always thought atheist republicans were a myth.... i mean... hotdamn, i had to remind myself that you guys don't believe in gods, so that i could go on and continue reading.

For serious.

But... i guess it's just the usual shock people have when they get acquainted with something they know nothing about. right?

Anywho, all i have to say is liberals are conservatives in disguise, and conservatives are FAR-right conservatives. At least, that is what (most of) the rest of the world sees in american politics.

So in that sense, i am a global liberal. Which includes some religious connotations from the right, but with a mind to ask and watch out for someone stepping on your civil/human rights and to FIGHT to get them back.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 pm
Rusty Conscience

Love working toward a good economy. (HOMELESS RATES ARE DOWN WITH BUSH IN OFFICE)

So is the economy. wink

Biggest national deficit in years, as well, might I add.

Honestly, few Republicans nowadays support Bush. He really has done practically nothing but harm the country. But that's my opinion.  

Lethkhar

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:50 pm
Lethkhar
Rusty Conscience

So is the economy. wink

Biggest national deficit in years, as well, might I add.

Honestly, few Republicans nowadays support Bush. He really has done practically nothing but harm the country. But that's my opinion.

I support Bush, but he hasn't been the greatest sweatdrop .

The Republican party has better candidates now anyways...

Mitt and Rudy FTW. ^-^  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces