Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
"You Can't Sing In Chinese!!!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pooh_spida79

2,050 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:25 pm
its like speaking it in a way... yeah, i don't know how to explain it.... it is what it is, but i can sing the songs and my parents can understand...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 am
Niphz
Isn't ballet quite hard to take up at this kind of stage if you don't have a background of it? Ballroom is easier to get into, I think.. but I mean, it's not impossible I guess..

..what are the other fine arts choices?

yeah it is, but if I don't try then I'll never be able to dance. lol don't question my logic. anyways ball room prolly is easier, I'm pretty much just into it for the exercise. lol. anyways the other fine art choices at my school is drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, pottery (which is also called cermaics______) do british schools have such classes?  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:26 am
Yesh. Few, but yesh. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:54 pm
I've always imagined british schools would have everyone in a cute uniform, and classes such as ball room dancing and riding (horseback riding i think is the term)would be mandatory, and the campus would have a dorm that sprawled out admist giant expanses of grass and trees where students run, play, paint, and at night students would sneak out to go stargazing whee I'm deluding myself aren't I? sweatdrop  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:21 pm
(Um... didn't you post the exact same post in the ChatterBox? xd )

Yes. The answer is yes. blaugh Refer to the ChatterBox for a slightly more elaborate answer. I said slightly. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:17 am
no, that was about study abroad. but anyways, yes, it's a shame school isn't like that... perhaps convent schools? eek xp  

mymiridon

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:39 am
I'm sure we have little convent schools around England! eek Do they exist over here anymore?!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:22 pm
Well. Our school does have a pretty old building. And a rose garden <3. And gravelled paths. And a croquet lawn which we all chill out or revise on in the summer. And trees. And a swimming pool. No horseriding, though. Yes to uniforms. Erm.. we also have a school cat.. xD See here. For the school, not the cat... ;P

There are still Catholic schools which have a religious requirement for entry, not sure about actual convent ones.

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:58 pm
Maa, Niph, your school sounds so pwetty and nice. 3nodding

Mine is... modern and new ish. Typical school, small and cosy in a way. Has enough resources. Very large field which is overrun in summer. xd People dance under the sprinklers and revise out there trying to get a tan at the same time. rolleyes We have two netball courts and a huuuge astroturf and stuff. Yeah.

Oh, and yes to uniforms too. There aren't many schools over here which don't require uniforms.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:53 pm
Ohh, god, our school made such a huge deal of it when they build the astroturf.. rolleyes We have quite a few netball//tennis courts as well. And a tiny gym. xP

My junior school had a field.. but we could only go there when the teachers said we could, and once my friend yelled "FIEEEEELD" really loudly and like the entire school got told off for going to the field without permission... xD Good times.

Niphz
Crew

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:33 am
lol so English schools are almost as I imagined xd American schools are completely different and dull.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 am
*laughs* Yalie, our schools are not as exciting as they seem. I'm sure if I went to an American school I'd be like: eek Haha.

Maa, Niph, my school has a tiny gym too. xd Not that I mind, I HATE gym. whee But our tennis courts are erected every summer on the astro. 3nodding

Oooh, my junior school had a huuuuge field too! (How scary!!) It was called Alton Towers... sweatdrop And yeah, we normally wouldn't be allowed on it without permission, and it was usually reserved for days with good weather. I couldn't go there anyway because I have baaad hayfever, so I stayed in the playground on my own. sad I never liked AT anyway... I hate both that stupid field AND the theme park. After all, I hate rollercoasters.  

Chibito7

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:59 pm
@B&B:lol, i think if you went into an American school you'd be like eek wtf, or stare geez, they're only learning this now?

..you have a theme park on campus eek

@niphz: I saw your school's website... it looks so fun!!! And their pass rate is incredible. (they're not making things up are they?)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:51 pm
No, they're not making things up xD Although what they do is leave the year with the best result on the website.. so actually the one on there is from like 3 years ago or something 'cause that was a really successful year xD

Are American schools REALLY like in.. High School Musical?! XDDD Or Bring it On, or Mean Girls, or something? I always thought they just made all that up... neutral

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:25 pm
xd @ Niph.

Maa, Yalie, that's because Niph goes to a private school. I also attend private school. They do tend to gain very high results... This year we came second (we - my year! - came BLOODY SECOND! eek ) in the country for GCSE results, but A Level dropped to about fifth. Overall as a school I dunno what we are but we're in the top ten - not the top five, I don't think. All newspapers vary anyway. rolleyes

GCSE results - 97.8% (or something) of results for As or A*s. gonk My god. My clever classmates... Although the top school - omg Niph, get this! - got 99.7% I think. HOLY CRAP. How the heck?! eek

And no, Yalie, my primary school didn't have a theme park, unfortunately. Its field was named after the theme park. xd  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff