Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Scam and Hack Stories. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

An Undead Sin

Timid Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:09 pm
I've only received one PM in my life span on Gaia. But since I wasn't in a good mood that day I just reported it and didn't respond.

There was this one time though, someone posted a "LEAVING GAIA GIVEAWAY!" thread. I clicked on it and read through what the guy wanted whoever wanted his stuff to do. All it was was to answer a few questions and then he'd send the stuff in a trade. The questions were:

1: What's your fave item on Gaia? (Unfortunately I answered my WoI and that's actually not true. I just couldn't think of anything.)
2: How old are you? (85 cool )
3: Do you trust me? ("No really but I'll say yes." Hey, I wanted those items!)

So I sent in all that info in a PM subjected "Let's see if you're telling the truth." The guy replied and was like "Ok, we're going to play a game of trust. Send your WoI in a trade and then I'll send over my two items." (I think the items were a Ninja Headband and Devil Horns.) But me, obviously knowing what he was going to do, replied saying "No. Why the hell should I send you my WoI?"
"Because I want to see if you trust me by sending me you're most valuable item."

It was just then that I remembered that I had one of those Swamp Orbs that had just came out and I didn't want it anymore, I was thinking of selling it. So I sent the Orb in a trade saying, "I was going to sell it for 1mil. But you can have it." (Which would then have made the Orb my most valuable item if I was going to sell it for that much.)

Unfortunately the guy saw through me and was like "No! Send me your WoI dammit!" and I was all "Pssh, screw you" and added him to my ignore list. =]

---Make the world a better place with UndeadTiger---

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:16 pm
october 28th 2004: a friend borrowed my account for the night and i never saw it again.

march 21st 2007: i fell for the relogin with the fake gaia thing right when it came out, before anyone really knew about it.

lost millions, im past it, just trying to rebuild.

bottom line:
dont trust your friends.
think before you log in.  

nin Trinity nin

music girl_123456

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:34 pm
wow...i lost my account recently because it got hacked and i lost everything really valuable items like my gwee and momo, alot of clothes and thousands of gold. I couldnt get back into the account to see what was gone because my password had been changed. I was really upset. I couldnt believe what happened, the next day i sent friend requsets to all of my good friends and they cheered me up. That day i realized that the friends are way more important than upgrading your avi but im still trying to rebuy everything, it'll take alot of time  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:25 pm
I rarely get replies from scammers. D:

But this one definitely made mine and my friend Jen's day when we were up all night and a scammer PM'd me. xD

c o s p l a y b o i
ottotto95
c o s p l a y b o i
ottotto95
c o s p l a y b o i
ottotto95
We are sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention. Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we dont normally ask for this information but to clear your report we need to. We just want to help the innocent people out. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediately your account will result in a Perma-Ban. for 3 hours

Username-

Password-

Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account investigation is over. We thank you for your patience. If you do not reply in the next 24 hours there will be a 2 month ban.

Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude, or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally, please do not submit this form multiple times for the same PM, abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information.
PM: 5247260.09381487
Sincerely, The GaiaOnline Moderators

XD!

omgim sooooooooooooo new!1!1
im so gna fal 4 tis!1!1

It is no joke. The council will ban you for 2 months if you do not respond (with your username and password) with in 24 hours.

What kind of ******** up Jedi council are you on?

******** you d**k wod!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no d**k.
And you've been reported by now you stupid mule.

[I was on my friend's computer, so thus why I don't have my pretty post style in the quotes. xB]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

singull

I am Word

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:51 pm
User Image
<3
c o s p l a y b o i
Quote:
Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediately your account will result in a Perma-Ban. for 3 hours
<3
Lmao. Perma-ban for 3 hours?
xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:34 am
Pasithea

^ Always remember this Gaians!!! ^

So recently I received a couple of PMs from people impersonating mods. They tried to scam me out of my password obviously.

The first thing I did was immediately report the PM. But then I decided to mess with them a little. xD I typed in my username and a fake password, like qwerty12345 and sent the PM back.

I waited a little bit and got another PM back saying, "You have sent the incorrect information. Give us the correct info or we will have to ban your account!"

So I typed in another fake password: mypenisisbiggerthanyours and then sent the info back.

Once more they sent the same PM back saying I had sent the incorrect info and if I didn't give them the correct information they would perm-ban my account.

So I typed in: doyoureallythinkI'mgonnafallforsuchastupidscam?

And then they sent a PM back with a ridiculous sob story about how they were hacked and then asked for a donation nonetheless!!! gonk WTF??? If they were hacked why would they want to hack someone else???

Stupid little scammers/hackers!! I was like, ******** no you little cheater/put on ignore. xp
----------------------
Anybody else ever get such stupid hack/scam PMs?

Anybody ever fall for them?

EDIT: Changed the topic title so people know what this is. :3

I'm very sorry but I need to laugh. ROFL the password mypenisisbiggerthanyours just made me laugh on the ground.  

harmoness

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:09 pm
I always get them when I work with sealed letters xD. They make my day.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 pm
Haha!
Not to be rude but, what a funny story X]

[.Bubble Tea.]

Blueblerry --

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:22 pm
Manamii
      I get them a little too often.
      I give them a hard time too.

> w <

Like, i'll pretend to be a noob and say "nooo! plz nO! i swer i didn't hack any1!"
      they will be all "okay. calm down. we just need your password and the other info"
      "but! then u will chang it so i kant get in! no! plz! i am saving up for a angelic staff, i can't have this acount lockd!"

"we wont do anything bad. just give us the info"

"No. I don't think I will. This is obviously a scam to try and hack me. Do you really think I am going to fall for that? Please, get a life. You have been reported."

xD

I don't think I could get hacked that easily with MY password.
      It is about 16 characters long with letters numbers and symbols.

♥ Zomg lolz. xd I've gotten the same pm's..twice.And I put the same thing in it:

I lol'd so hard at your stupidity trying to hack me. REPORTED

I didn't really try to bite their heads off,but more to just to put them behind Gaia bars. 3nodding

P.S. My password is 10 letters and 6 numbers. xd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:17 pm
I am Word
User Image
<3
c o s p l a y b o i
Quote:
Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediately your account will result in a Perma-Ban. for 3 hours
<3
Lmao. Perma-ban for 3 hours?
xD

XD!
I didn't even notice that.
I rarely ever read all of those scam things. >.>

singull

buddton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:21 pm
i got scammed recently by this a** but well i let him barrow my flamesword cuz he wanted to see how it looked on him so i was like ok sure so i let him borrow it for the nite and he still didn't give it back and then after three days still waiting and then i got like 10 ppl to report him but he's still a douche bg and he still has my sword stressed
so ya i need to save up for a present for my gf on here and i think i am going to get her a momo but i only have 8 k but lluckily i have like a month till it but i kno another girl that want's a momo and i said i'd get her one so i need like 25k ish by the end of the month and i only have like 8 k stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:32 am
Manamii
      I get them a little too often.
      I give them a hard time too.

> w <

Like, i'll pretend to be a noob and say "nooo! plz nO! i swer i didn't hack any1!"
      they will be all "okay. calm down. we just need your password and the other info"
      "but! then u will chang it so i kant get in! no! plz! i am saving up for a angelic staff, i can't have this acount lockd!"

"we wont do anything bad. just give us the info"

"No. I don't think I will. This is obviously a scam to try and hack me. Do you really think I am going to fall for that? Please, get a life. You have been reported."

xD

I don't think I could get hacked that easily with MY password.
      It is about 16 characters long with letters numbers and symbols.

xD awesome. Lol, I'll have to try that sometime.  

Anthony Hopkins

D123w

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:38 am
.:Believing in the Day of Tomorrow...

don't know how about back in 2003 my account dark[d]rew was hacked lost thousands close to a mill, and been rebuilding ever since i made this account

...Wishing for another chance in Life:.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:39 am
Heh, I usually out right insult them before I report them. razz they never message me back.  

rapidXtheXrudie

D123w

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:41 am
rapidXtheXrudie
Heh, I usually out right insult them before I report them. razz they never message me back.
.:Believing in the Day of Tomorrow...

haha nice, i jsut ignore them then report them

...Wishing for another chance in Life:.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out