Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:32 pm
Ninael
I thought that it was just the 3-episode OVA, but in any case, it wasn't that great. The manga is so much better.

Agreed on all points.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 am
Moonlit Masquerade
Kamikaze Pedestrian
I didn't know that was Yuki's desicion. Was it that she didn't like the way it turned out?

I heard from somewhere that she thought it was too inappropriate or violent or something, which I thought was really weird. It would make more sense if she didn't like the way it turned out and dropped it though sweatdrop

Yeah, because almost everything she writes turns out to be somewhat unorthodox.  

Nikou

uriel-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:18 am
I have got the 3 Episodes Anime, but are there any other epi?sodes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:46 pm
To be honest, the Angel Sanctuary OVA was one of the biggest let downs of my life! sad The manga was so... wonderful, but the OVA turned certain audiences away... I SWEAR! The English cast was the ABSOLUTE WORST I've seen in my days! gonk  

boobeebaah

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:42 pm
I'm a much bigger fan of the manga than the OAV, personally. I didn't like the voice acting, and the animation just didn't seem to suit it. Too bright.

Funny story, though. When I first bought the DVD, I didn't sit through the credits. I was disapointed, of course, and for some reason really wished that they had included Sevorthtart and Metatron, despite the fact that I couldn't stand Sevy in the manga.

Anywho, a little while later, I had a friend over who had read the first manga, and we decided to watch it. We started chatting about it afterwards, during the credits, so I didn't think to shut it off right away. I was just mentioning to her how I wished Sevy and Metatron would have been in it, when it cuts to the clip at the end where you see them. I was very pleased. XD

Now someone just needs to tell me that there's another hidden scene with Zahikel and Raziel, and I may actually deem the OAV as acceptable.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 am
Truthful, i have never seen the anime, just bits at one time or the other. But from my friends and the forms or net has said, it was a huge let down my many levels of the fans of the manga. Now as a anime, i do belive A.S would do and could be done very well, they would just need to clean up some parts for watchers.  

Bloodyblade666

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:24 pm
Bloodyblade666
Truthful, i have never seen the anime, just bits at one time or the other. But from my friends and the forms or net has said, it was a huge let down my many levels of the fans of the manga. Now as a anime, i do belive A.S would do and could be done very well, they would just need to clean up some parts for watchers.

It's a good thing you haven't. It's a big big let down. It kind of ruins AS if you haven't read the manga first, to be honest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:53 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Bloodyblade666

It's a good thing you haven't. It's a big big let down. It kind of ruins AS if you haven't read the manga first, to be honest.

That's good to know... I saw it at Blockbuster and was thinking of renting it... But I haven't read AS yet.  

dead.moki

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:06 am
dead.moki
Moonlit Masquerade
Bloodyblade666

That's good to know... I saw it at Blockbuster and was thinking of renting it... But I haven't read AS yet.

I saw it first, liked it, got really interested in AS, read it, then watched the OVA again and after this, I didn't really like the OVA anymore. But it didn't ruin AS neither in my case nor in my best friend's.^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:26 pm
I think the anime could have been a WHOLE lot better if they hadn't tried to squash so much into 3 episodes. I'm sure even just making it 6 episodes and cutting it in the same spot would have done AS a LOT more justice...

Brenli

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:51 am
Brenli
I think the anime could have been a WHOLE lot better if they hadn't tried to squash so much into 3 episodes. I'm sure even just making it 6 episodes and cutting it in the same spot would have done AS a LOT more justice...

Yes, they cut so much stuff, this really would have been MUCH better. Then they wouldn't have to rewrite the plot almost completely, as they did in these three episodes.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:08 am
I think the anime is not as good as the manga (Itis terrible-only 3episodes) stressed  

uriel-chan

alicelights

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:32 pm
RionaDaidouji
Now someone just needs to tell me that there's another hidden scene with Zahikel and Raziel, and I may actually deem the OAV as acceptable.
Razy?! Where? where? >.>
<.< ZOMG <--- rabid Raziel fangirl  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:40 am
alicelights
RionaDaidouji
Razy?! Where? where? >.>
<.< ZOMG <--- rabid Raziel fangirl

You have to wait 'til the very end of the OAV, there you can also see a scene with Sevotharte and Metatron.^^  

Katinchen012

Lilaithia

Demonic Kitten

9,350 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:01 pm
I think the reason why people think there are more episodes in the ova is because the episodes were released each on a seperate dvd at one time. I don't think you can find them like that eny more though, and I don't know what language they were in either.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff