Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Elf vs. Human Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:42 am
Elfshaman
Because I am an elf kin I have deep pride issues. I thought it would make an interesting discussion on whehter elves as a race are superior or inferior to humans. As long as no direct insults to elves are made I think we can keep this fairly controlled and civilized.

no such thing as a superior race. that statement is borderline humanologistic, in essence. very racist.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:51 am
Chieftain Twilight
Elfshaman
Because I am an elf kin I have deep pride issues. I thought it would make an interesting discussion on whehter elves as a race are superior or inferior to humans. As long as no direct insults to elves are made I think we can keep this fairly controlled and civilized.

no such thing as a superior race. that statement is borderline humanologistic, in essence. very racist.

Did you mean "humanocentric"?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 am
Elfshaman

your own website backs me up more than you. it doesn't say they were gods. it says that later celtic generations treated them as gods. they lived in faery mounds. the link you've given also says they were a magical people not deities.

i will admit that i may have gotten confused in that i don't beleive the Tuatha were actually elves but rather magical humans or faeries as their home now suggest(faery mounds not elf mounds). so i will admit some falisy on my part for that. but even so they serve the purpose for which i had previously stated which was that from all the stories i've read they behave very similar to my own elven people.

And that purpose is...

They are NOW gods. Therefore, they are gods. They NOW live in Faery Mounds. Faery=/=Elf. EDIT: Also, would you say that you are superior to the Tuatha because of your elven status?

This is what I feel: I feel that you have created your own realm that other Elfkin have also created and through the Collective Unconscious you have acquired this in the astral. I also feel that, because you are a teen, and most teenagers go through this, I did myself, that you want to be more than human and since in popular culture elves seem far superior to humans, why not choose an elf.

No one picks a troll, or a dwarf or anything. They pick the cool stuff which is another reason that I feel that it is all in your head and you can't really prove it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:49 am
Chieftain Twilight
Elfshaman

He is also saying that we could be superior! ahahhah!

Anyway, I beginning to suspect he is referring to the Nephlim or Aryans or something...

And I just found out you can stalk your friends with the new friend bar...I'm stalking you Nam ninja  

Cunning Witch Angus

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am
Arcanist Angus

And I just found out you can stalk your friends with the new friend bar...I'm stalking you Nam ninja

Rofl.

Good luck, I often have 3 different windows open and lurking through guilds.

ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:46 pm
Namikikyo
Arcanist Angus

Rofl.

ninja

razz Yes...one of which I am blocked from rofl

PS I love your avi  

Cunning Witch Angus

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:34 pm
Arcanist Angus
Elfshaman

your own website backs me up more than you. it doesn't say they were gods. it says that later celtic generations treated them as gods. they lived in faery mounds. the link you've given also says they were a magical people not deities.

i will admit that i may have gotten confused in that i don't beleive the Tuatha were actually elves but rather magical humans or faeries as their home now suggest(faery mounds not elf mounds). so i will admit some falisy on my part for that. but even so they serve the purpose for which i had previously stated which was that from all the stories i've read they behave very similar to my own elven people.

And that purpose is...

They are NOW gods. Therefore, they are gods. They NOW live in Faery Mounds. Faery=/=Elf. EDIT: Also, would you say that you are superior to the Tuatha because of your elven status?

This is what I feel: I feel that you have created your own realm that other Elfkin have also created and through the Collective Unconscious you have acquired this in the astral. I also feel that, because you are a teen, and most teenagers go through this, I did myself, that you want to be more than human and since in popular culture elves seem far superior to humans, why not choose an elf.

No one picks a troll, or a dwarf or anything. They pick the cool stuff which is another reason that I feel that it is all in your head and you can't really prove it.

how would you know my age? just curious.

and in regard to your comment about aryans that's not what i'm talking about at all. but since it is now assume that i'm an immature teenager just making things up as i go along, i've decided to no longer post on this thread anymore. this isn't really sharing knowledge or wisdom or anything. this has become two or three people taking turns trying to prove my beliefs nothing but delusions and a bloated ego. i don't appreciate it or feel like it's fair in anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm
Elfshaman

how would you know my age? just curious.
Your picture on your profile is kind of a give away. And either you deleted all your intro posts or you never made them. I do remember reading that you are around 19 I believe.

Elfshaman

but since it is now assume that i'm an immature teenager just making things up as i go along, i've decided to no longer post on this thread anymore.

I think you are not going to post because you can't provide any evidence to support it. However, again, for all we know you are making it up.
So, a few people disagree with you, lots of people are going to disagree with you.

Elfshaman
this isn't really sharing knowledge or wisdom or anything. this has become two or three people taking turns trying to prove my beliefs nothing but delusions and a bloated ego. i don't appreciate it or feel like it's fair in anyway.

Then prove us wrong. You have unsupported evidence of your claims on this history of your elven people. I have given you sources of elves in human culture, yet you have none.

Most of the knowledge that has been recovered by you was all in that astral. Therefore you can not give evidence, which leads me to believe that you are just making it up. That's fine, as Mitsch said, that's day-dreaming and there is a lot of power to be had. You are going to get people that do agree with you and then people that do not.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm
i've never deleted a post before and didn't know i could until you jut said so. as for my picture, you are aware that pictures can be held onto correct? that picture is alot older than you think it is. and when it comes to evidence you're absolutely right, i have none. i never will. i'm sorry if that isn't good enough to you.but at some point in history there was no evidence to go on. if you want to believe im making it up and it's all useless bullshit the fine. congratulations to you. but if that is true then please just go away. some people actually will get something out of this thread or the other thread that's been reduced to me defending myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 pm
Elfshaman
i've never deleted a post before and didn't know i could until you jut said so. as for my picture, you are aware that pictures can be held onto correct? that picture is alot older than you think it is. and when it comes to evidence you're absolutely right, i have none. i never will. i'm sorry if that isn't good enough to you.but at some point in history there was no evidence to go on. if you want to believe im making it up and it's all useless bullshit the fine. congratulations to you. but if that is true then please just go away. some people actually will get something out of this thread or the other thread that's been reduced to me defending myself.

Your profile says your Birth Date.

11/15/1990

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm
Arcanist Angus
Namikikyo
Arcanist Angus

Rofl.

ninja

PS I love your avi

That must be the "It's a Girl Thing" guild I'm in then, or "B.I.T.C.H.S" that I just joined.

Other then that, you and I are Guild Buddies.

And thank you. heart Yours looks mighty cute as well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:59 pm
Namikikyo
Arcanist Angus
Namikikyo
Arcanist Angus

Rofl.

ninja

PS I love your avi

That must be the "It's a Girl Thing" guild I'm in then, or "B.I.T.C.H.S" that I just joined.

Other then that, you and I are Guild Buddies.

And thank you. heart Yours looks mighty cute as well

Ahhhahahhah Okay. Truth, guild buddies FTW!

Thank you, a friend helped me create it razz  

Cunning Witch Angus

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:06 pm
Elfshaman
i've never deleted a post before and didn't know i could until you jut said so.

K, it was just an idea I had.

Elfshaman

as for my picture, you are aware that pictures can be held onto correct? that picture is alot older than you think it is.

According to Nam, I think not.

Elfshaman
and when it comes to evidence you're absolutely right, i have none. i never will. i'm sorry if that isn't good enough to you.

It's not. And this is a debate forum, therefore evidence is usually required.

Elfshaman
but at some point in history there was no evidence to go on.

At which time was that? We have evidence now, do we not? So we use it to credit ourselves.

Elfshaman
if you want to believe im making it up and it's all useless bullshit the fine. congratulations to you.

It is not useless to you. Again, debate thread.

Elfshaman
but if that is true then please just go away. some people actually will get something out of this thread or the other thread that's been reduced to me defending myself.

Debate thread once more, you kinda have to defend your claims.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:41 am
Mitsh
Chieftain Twilight
Elfshaman

probably.. whichever would be the correct word for being about Humanology... i kind of guessed at the word i used.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 am
Chieftain Twilight
Mitsh
Chieftain Twilight
Elfshaman

probably.. whichever would be the correct word for being about Humanology... i kind of guessed at the word i used.

"Humanology"? The study of... humans, with no particular focus?  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games