Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

benakittie

Professional Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:19 am
Hey, I'm right now twenty years old and feeling old already. sweatdrop From the United States of America, California. And no, I don't know how to swim or surf. stare But I want to learn!! crying Too much of a coward of drowning I guess. sweatdrop

I start my first ceramics class a few months ago in spring quarter and taking it now for fall quarter. I got started in it because I was interested in working with clay, you know those special they always have on the arts and craft channels? I would say my specialties are glazing or coming up with designs on how to apply the glaze. And making smaller figures by hand. My greatest weakness it centering the clay on the wheel. sweatdrop I was really good at it, but it's hard relearning how.

I don't have any pics of my work, but I will post it here as soon as I take them. 3nodding Thanks Maimy for inviting me to the guild. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:11 pm
Hi! I'm Invisible Jellybean (not to be confused with Invisible Rainbows, who I think might be my clone xp ). I'm a high-school junior from Ohio. Like most of you here, I've been interested in art for my entire life. I do some drawing and painting, but most of my best work is three dimensional. My favorite thing to do is find boring, everyday objects and figure out how to make them into works of art. The medium I've been using the most lately is duct tape, and it's definitely been some of my most interesting work. I don't have many pictures, but there's some stuff in my thread about duct tape art.

Thanks for the invite, this seems like an interesting guild.

Invisible Jellybean

IguanArt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:37 pm
Greetings crafters! I'm 50 and an art teacher( my students talked me into trying Gaia and it's been great fun for 2 years now) I find it hard to pin down one craft that I really like. I like using plaster craft to make masks and marionettes, polymer clay for sculptural pieces (like wedding cake toppers!) and as imitation stone in jewelry, macrame' and handbuilt pottery. When I first got out of college I was a bit of a snob about crafts but, there are so many amazing crafts from everywhere in the world that at times it totally takes over time from my 2D work. Here's a link to the cake topper I'm making for my goddaughter's wedding next summer. I still have to make about 30 calla lilies for the cake layers!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/IguanArt19/IMG_0167.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:46 am
I'm 28, currently living in Ontario, Canada and really delighted to see the wide range of age groups that are participating here!

I've taken up rudementary crochet, hand sewing, doll customisation and sculpting with Super Sculpey and Sculpey III. I have a few projects on the go - one of which is a blanket that I hope to finish before winter!

Viceregal

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:13 am
Welcome everyone!

@benakittie: Ooh, is there a special technique and strategy to glazing? I don't know much about these things, just brush on varnish on my little clay sculpts sweatdrop I guess it's different with ceramics?

@Jellybean: I really like the black and white checkered bag you made! Interesting medium to work with.

@IguanArt: O_O Wow, that cake topper looks huge! I like all the flowers.

@Arezou: Ooh ooh what kind of dolls do you customize? Is it similar to DIY vinyl toys? *has a Munny which has wanted painting for almost a year T-T*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 am
Erm - they're really big resin ball jointed dolls. You can sand their skin to change their features, and drill into them to add attachments or build them up using epoxy. They are primarily designed to be customised by their owners in that you can change their eyes, clothes and hair. My dolls are always in the middle of getting a new look. sweatdrop  

Viceregal

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:27 am
Ooh cool! I've seen a few ball-jointed dolls around, looks like a fun hobby, if a bit expensive for the dolls themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:03 am
Yeah. I have always bought mine used and on layaway. I don't think I will be buying anymore though as I have quite a lot on my plate project wise.  

Viceregal

Meridot

Posessed Pup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:21 pm
Heya, My name is Joanne or Jo and I'm 21 years old.
I'm from lovely little Cornwall at the bottom of England, home to things such as Cornish Pisikies, Pastys and King Arthur and Merlin. whee

I've made all sorts of arts and crafts for as long as I can remember, but its only recently I've sat up and started to really get into making things.

I work primarily with Felt and Polymer Clays, although I've just gotten into Canvas paintings as I was pushed to try them by my boyfriend who is an Art Student.

My strengths and weakness.. *ponders* I have a big imagination so finding ideas for projects isn't a challenge for me. I have a lot of patience so I'm able to play around with the fiddliest of items without getting too stressed.
As for weakness, sometimes I find it hard to re pick up a project if I don't touch it for a few days, so I have a shelf of unfinished objects. Also I struggle with painting simple models. I'd love to try a dunny/munny but I worry it would look bland as there is so much surface to work on.

Incidentally I own some Ball Joint Dolls as well. I don't talk about them too much on Gaia those as they are often met with harsh comments. sweatdrop

Thanks for inviting me to your lovely guild. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm
Welcome! My dad is from Cornwall, I should go see it someday ^_^

Haha, sounds like a lot of us have issues with UFO's (apparently UnFinished Objects). I should make a thread people can post them in.

Chianne, feel free to post about customising toys or BJD's - they're certainly related to sculpture and I've seen a few people in the guild mention an interest in these things, so I'm sure it will be well received.  

Chisa
Captain

SixteenthNote

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:26 pm
Hello. I'm 16thNote and I'm 15 years old (on the 27th of October).
I'm from Malaysia. The small sweet-potato-shaped country just below Thailand. ^__^

I've only been playing with pencils and paints my whole life (which isn't really that long actually). Recently, I got my hands on clay and started playing with that too. And I absolutely love it!

Don't have any pictures yet but will post them as soon I find my digital camera. It's there... somewhere. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Hello! ^_^~
My name is Cintia and I'm 17 years old.
I'm from Brazil..the country of soccer.. samba and beaches =3
I never tried crafting a lot but after seeing this guild ihv want it a lot!
Im currently doing Felt plushies and i usually do lots of origamis xD
The only thing i do for a long time ago is Drawing <3
this is my DA ^__^~

wakaremiCHI_gazette

psychedelic.mushroom.pie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:32 am
mkay my turn
my name is Jane and I'm 16
I live in Australia Sydney
I think this a great guild smile
I love drawing and making things like sewing
and knitting and although I'm still learning a lot of things
hopefully I'll get really good one day ^.^
my DA!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:33 pm
Welcome! ^_^ 3nodding  

Maimy
Crew

Delirium K

Man-Hungry Millionaire

10,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 pm
My name is Bethny, Im 17. live in Ohio
I have always loved art ect, my nana taught me how to sew, and a month or so ago she taught me how to knit
I had always wanted my nana to teach me how to knit, and I saw some books at the library about knitting and got them out.
I can easily make up a knitting pattern, but get confused when trying to follow one, but for sewing its the opposite. I can't draw realistic eyes or noses XP and avoid drawing hands if I can  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff