Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
9/11/01 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NinJanitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:54 pm
StfuToastStix
What was even more horrible, was how our principal handled the situation.

her exact words were,

"OMG THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END, PLANES CRASHED INTO THE TWIN TOWERS, STATEN ISLAND WILL DESCEND UPON OUR HEADS."

no joke.

Wow eek ~ a principal like that deserves to be fired!! Needlessly making an already grim situation even worse... *shakes head*

Anyway...I feel so old!! rofl Everyone else is like "oh, I was in 3rd grade, I was in 8th grade", while I'm like "oh, I was in 12th grade" ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:58 pm
I watched it on television six years ago! And I read the magazine a few years later... I've seen it all. I'm a Canadian though, but those jerks whoever rode on those planes are responsible!  

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

xXAkatsuki_KonanXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:02 pm
I Was only in second grade.
But I remember what I saw.
My second grade teacher came in and said "Listen Children,
Two minutes ago, While you all were at recess, Two planes hit our twin towers." At First I was Like, 'huh?' Then The Announcements can on and said alot of kids names, Including mine, and Told us we were going home.
It was weird.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Today, actually, I was sitting in advisory and looking out the window.

I noticed the flags half staff and asked my Advisor why.
He said that it was because there's always servicemen dying, so it's been that way since we started the war.
Though I know I've seen it up.

Then someone said something about 'Or it could be the date.' and my eyes grew and I yelled 'OHH YEAH. IT'S SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH.'

It's not that I forgot the event, just that I don't pay attention to the date.

Funny, though, how we correlate things like that to small things, too. I remember it was a Tuesday, because I hadn't gone to school the day before: since I'd gotten my period for the first time on that Sunday night. So funny how something so stupid is mixed in with something like that.

I was in sixth grade and I remember the principle coming in and announcing to us: 'Two planes have crashed into the World Trade Center, and they're not sure it was an accident.'

We didn't understand what any of that meant, but I can remember the looks on the principle and my teacher's faces. They were horrified.

We were allowed to turn on the TV at one point and watch, but only for a short time. And we had to go about our day. As soon as I got home, I remember seeing my mom, dad, and sister all glued to the Television. I thought it was odd that my dad was home from work, and still didn't really know what was going on.

Apparently the middle school and high school got dismissed early because of it, because my sister had gotten home early, as well.

One of the most vivid memories of the event that I have is that there was LITERALLY nothing else on the television. That's never happened before.
Every single channel was either playing the news coverage the entire night, or were doing some sort of memorial for it.

I didn't truly understand it until I got a little older to really know what happened.

Secret Duckie

Witty Fatcat

J3wels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:50 pm
There was suppose to be a plane crashing the White House during the World Trade Center Attack. But there was one guy in the plane who prevented it somehow. There was a movie about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was in grade one when it happened. When my school heard about the situation, my principal made an announcement and the teachers answered as many questions as we could... But when my friend asked, 'Why would they do that?' it went quiet. After school I went a watched the tv for the rest of the day.  

Liquid Muffin

D123w

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 pm
.:Believing in the Day of Tomorrow...

was in grade 6 when this happened my teacher told us teh news coming in from recess then one of my firends barfed up the water he drank. at the tiem i over heard my mom on the phone witha relative in cali talking about one of her daughters working near the towers. and i never heard the rest because she closed the door and started whispering

...Wishing for another chance in Life:.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:31 pm
It's hard to believe it's been 6 years already. Such a sad day.

I remember that day. My father was driving me to school, I was in 5th grade. He was listening to the radio and I remember hearing things like "big fire ball in the sky" and "explosions", but I didn't know what was going on.

A couple of hours were into the school day and right after lunch we were supposed to have math, but when we got back to the classroom the teacher said that math was canceled and told us to use the bathrooms if we needed to, but quickly. I went to the bathroom and there were a couple of other girls in there complaining about math, I told them that they canceled math today, they got excited and went back to their classroom.

When I went back to the room, the teacher had us sit in the corner away from the window with the lights off and doors & windows locked. She explained to us what had happened that morning about the World Trade Centers. Several minutes later the principle came on the loud speaker and asked to kids whose parents worked in the city to come down to the office, I live only an 1 and a half away, but I don't know what happened to them.

Later I remember coming home and watching it on television, I just couldn't believe what happened.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

[Minako]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:51 pm
User Image

So give me something to
believe...
&&&&

:/

Today in my gym class when we were in the locker room, the Principal came on the intercom for a moment of silence. The rest of the girls kept on talking...I felt so pissed. >3>

9/11 was a terrible tragedy. I remember my parents coming to take me out of school early like a bunch of other kids. I believe I was in 4th grade. My sister and I were so freaked out...

&&&&
Cause I am living just to
breathe...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:00 pm
I'm Canadian, but I have a few friends whose relatives died during then. It was a sad day ><;  

The Accessory Fairy

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:40 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

I know I didn't lose anyone in the attack, but it really struck me somehow. I was getting for school like any normal day, when my mom turned on the tv to watch the news like usual, when all of a sudden we see the footage of the crash. My dad called while we were driving to school. I was just think omg how could this happen? Practically the entire school didn't talk much at all. Or if they did it surrounded the attack. It was a very scary day. I was in 4th grade I believe.

Even today it still seems quite sad. A lot of people say it should be an official holiday. I think it should, it was big enough to become one.

Also I knew that it was today because first thing I do, I go to myspace and all these bulletins were posted. Just posting facts, or crazy things that happen to be a coincidence or planned. I read through them and still can't believe them. o.o Why 9/11? 911? O.o

Also not to scare anyone I hope, but this extremely scary thing I found was if you type Q33 NY exactly like that since it was the first plane to crash, in microsoft, 48 font, weddings, it is just really scary and creepy o.O

@J3wel- I didn't see the movie, but the one that went down in the Pennsylvania field was the plane that was suppose to crash into the White House.

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:58 pm
Today we watched a video on 9/11. Although I didn't know anyone who died I still cryed and it made me very sad.  

MARGAR3T

MARGAR3T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:59 pm
PsychicMilk
StfuToastStix
What was even more horrible, was how our principal handled the situation.

her exact words were,

"OMG THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END, PLANES CRASHED INTO THE TWIN TOWERS, STATEN ISLAND WILL DESCEND UPON OUR HEADS."

no joke.

Wow eek ~ a principal like that deserves to be fired!! Needlessly making an already grim situation even worse... *shakes head*

Anyway...I feel so old!! rofl Everyone else is like "oh, I was in 3rd grade, I was in 8th grade", while I'm like "oh, I was in 12th grade" ninja

I was in 3rd grade xD.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:02 pm
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

I'm just listening to my iTune songs and right now the song playing is:
Have You Forgotten by Darryl Worley
Such a good song about today makes me cry.

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

I Chelsea I

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:07 pm
Let us all pray for all of those during 9/11.

It was pretty close considering that I live in Virginia. Everyone was so scared, we didnt have to leave school or anything but, when I came home and found out, I was terrified. I was only 8 I think?... ( I dont know) It was scary and I hope it will never happen again!

Today, at school we had a moment of silent and we showed that we cared by wearing red white a blue.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff