Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Avid Readers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do YOU like to read?
  Whadya say? -reluctantly turns away from book-
  Pish, I'm too cool to read. -gets smacked by the smart people-
View Results

MissusDolly

4,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:09 am
User Image
Friends walk in and out of our lives....

I'm almost done with New Moon. My library better get some new books in, or I'm going to have to beg my mom to take me book shopping. Probably wouldn't work though XD I want just too many books. sweatdrop

....but true friends leave footprints on our hearts.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:05 pm
Oh! You can't forget the Bartimaeus trilogy. I LOVED that series. So sad its over...  

Dainichi Kiaki

zomgwhee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:57 pm
pffft Z-Whee ish so cool he doesnt just read whatever he can get his hands on. He also writes them!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:47 am
Doctor, Doctor, I've got an emergency...

I read a lot... I mean a lot. Sometimes I read screenplays and if I'm up for it I'll read Textbooks, recently I've been reading screenplays every few days, some enjoyable some confusing. And when I'm lying in bed I'm either doing one of three things; Listening to an audiobook, reading a graphic novel or fappin' it. listening to an audiobook. =D

I've never read a Harry Potter book... never. I have never watched a Harry Potter movie. None of J.K. Rowling's work has ever appealed to me, it just doesn't interest me.

I read everything carefully and often look for grammatical mistakes, though when I type or write I could really care less if there is a mistake.

My favorite series ever is the Artemis Fowl series by Irish writer Eoin Colfer. This series has been compared to Harry Potter many times over. Artemis Fowl, in the first book, is a 12 year old genius that believes in fairies. He later discovers the race and the series is born. I recommend this series very much. So far it runs five books long with the sixth coming soon. At the end of the fifth Artemis is an 18 year old man whom has had many adventures with the fairy race. The first graphic Novel is expected out on October the 2nd. '07 and a movie is expected out in 2008.

I'm currently reading Make Room! Make Room!, a 1966 science fiction novel written by Harry Harrison. The novel was used as the basis for the 1973 science fiction film, Soylent Green.

Roald Dahl is one of my favorite writers/authors.

A small list of books I favor would be:
LOTR Trilogy,
Artemis Fowl Series,
Percy Jackson Trilogy,
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the sequel Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator,
Nueromancer,
The Blind Assassin - One of my favorite books,
Blood Meridian,
Cities of Salt trilogy,
Miss Marple series,
Flesh and Bone,
and Larklight.

...It seems I'm head over heels, a case of L-O-V-E

Syrius A.I.

fins2left

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 am
i love to read, always have two or three going at a time. currently have three and my school books too, i love them heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:11 am
Syrius A.I.

My favorite series ever is the Artemis Fowl series by Irish writer Eoin Colfer. This series has been compared to Harry Potter many times over. Artemis Fowl, in the first book, is a 12 year old genius that believes in fairies. He later discovers the race and the series is born. I recommend this series very much. So far it runs five books long with the sixth coming soon. At the end of the fifth Artemis is an 18 year old man whom has had many adventures with the fairy race. The first graphic Novel is expected out on October the 2nd. '07 and a movie is expected out in 2008.

`DOOD. I totally forgot about Artemis Fowl. eek

I got up to the fourth one, and I read that little side book with all the character biographies and crap...I forget what it's called. ><

I love the Artemis Fowl books, though. =B

Teh Pure

Dainichi Kiaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:16 pm
Teh Pure
Syrius A.I.

I got up to the fourth one, and I read that little side book with all the character biographies and crap...I forget what it's called. ><

Omg, I forgot to mention Artemis too! I LOVE that series, one of my all time favorites. Then theres Pendragon, Nightwatch, and oh, so many more...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:34 pm
Dainichi Kiaki
Teh Pure
Syrius A.I.

Omg, I forgot to mention Artemis too! I LOVE that series, one of my all time favorites. Then theres Pendragon, Nightwatch, and oh, so many more...

User Image

`Pendragon rocks.

But there are only like, three other people I've met on Gaia that likes that series. =/

Teh Pure

starcitidancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Zephire
Chase Rain
Deathly Hallows was the best book I have ever read. Im starting to read the Stephanie Meyer books now that I'm over potter. Does anyone here read the forgotten Realms, Dark elf series?

The one with Drizzt? That's the series I'm in the middle of right now, thanks to a friend getting me completely hooked on it. It's sucked up the last of my money and I'm only on Passage to Dawn gonk

My favourite book series has to be the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. I love everything about it (and the fourth book is finally going to come out soonish whee ). The story pretty much revolves around William Laurence, a well respected ship captain of Britain's Navy, who captures a French frigate carrying a dragon egg which is near hatching. One thing leads to another and Laurence ends up Harnessing the dragonet. Oh, and the story is based during the Napolen War, but with dragons. A strange combo, but Novik has meshed the two seamlessly.

I'll mention more books I have enjoyed when I have more time.

I love the Drizzt series too. Luckily my dad had the books so I didn't have to buy them. I'd be seriously broke right now. Also there's a Dark realm series about a female drow named Liriel Banere that i liked. Do you know when the fourth book to the Temeraire series comes out? I can't wait for it. It's taken forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:32 am
Srta Tap Dance
I'm a book lover too <3
I want to read all of Stephen King's books, but it's gonna take a while cause books are a bit expensive to buy here (I just paid $50 on his book the other day D; ). And I like to... own the book, like I said to my mom, I can't feel safe if I don't have a shelf with books close to me xD~
I just finished reading "The Neverending Story" which is awesome, I have childhood memories from the movie, and now I want to watch it again 3nodding
And now i'm reading Dostoievsky, which I think the title in English would be "Crime and Punishment" or something xD~
I dunno what I'm gonna read next, my house is still a mess from moving to this new place, and the only book that I found that I haven't read yet is "Goethe" by Faust.... I want something a bit more simple to read after Dosto's book u.u"

Eeee! The Neverending Story is one of my all time favourite books. It's just so timeless and brilliant.
I read alot when I was younger..and I still read a lot now. Right now I am really into Neil Gaiman. I'm reading American Gods atm, but have read Stardust and Neverwhere. Both really really good books.

Highly recommended novels:

Ill Met by Moonlight
Do Androids Dream Electric Sheep
Frankenstein
Sexing the Cherry
The Handmaid's Tale
Oryx and Crake
Chorus of Mushrooms
David Eddings: Belgaraid Series, Mallorean Series
Piers Anthony: Anything.. but particularly the Incarnations of Immortality Series
Golden Book of Faeries..(so good)
The Fionavar Tapestry (even better)  

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 am
Noxness
Srta Tap Dance
I'm a book lover too <3
I want to read all of Stephen King's books, but it's gonna take a while cause books are a bit expensive to buy here (I just paid $50 on his book the other day D; ). And I like to... own the book, like I said to my mom, I can't feel safe if I don't have a shelf with books close to me xD~
I just finished reading "The Neverending Story" which is awesome, I have childhood memories from the movie, and now I want to watch it again 3nodding
And now i'm reading Dostoievsky, which I think the title in English would be "Crime and Punishment" or something xD~
I dunno what I'm gonna read next, my house is still a mess from moving to this new place, and the only book that I found that I haven't read yet is "Goethe" by Faust.... I want something a bit more simple to read after Dosto's book u.u"

Eeee! The Neverending Story is one of my all time favourite books. It's just so timeless and brilliant.
I read alot when I was younger..and I still read a lot now. Right now I am really into Neil Gaiman. I'm reading American Gods atm, but have read Stardust and Neverwhere. Both really really good books.

Ill Met by Moonlight
Frankenstein
Sexing the Cherry
The Handmaid's Tale
Oryx and Crake
Chorus of Mushrooms
Piers Anthony: Anything.. but particularly the Incarnations of Immortality Series

`What the hell kind of books are you reading, Nox?!

xd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:32 am
Teh Pure
Noxness
Srta Tap Dance
I'm a book lover too <3

Ill Met by Moonlight
Frankenstein
Sexing the Cherry
The Handmaid's Tale
Oryx and Crake
Chorus of Mushrooms

xd

Lol razz We read it in my post modernism class. It is about how stories change through retelling the story.. <3 Its a good read.  

Noxness

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

r u b y b l u e 12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:13 pm
i cant get over the Maximum Ride books!♥♥ im on the second one and i cant stay up at night to read them or else im dead the next day for a test or homework or something! stressed i almost read the whole first book in one day...it was really good!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:46 pm
Noxness
Teh Pure
Noxness
Srta Tap Dance
I'm a book lover too <3

Ill Met by Moonlight
Frankenstein
Sexing the Cherry
The Handmaid's Tale
Oryx and Crake
Chorus of Mushrooms

xd

Lol razz We read it in my post modernism class. It is about how stories change through retelling the story.. <3 Its a good read.
User Image

`Well then I might just have to check it out.

Provided my parents don't freak out. xD;; Which they probably would. xD

Teh Pure

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas