Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
How to create servitors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:03 pm
P a l e O w l
Do you think it may be possible to make one that you can use more than once?
Say the servitor finishes the task (and it's NOT feeding primarily from your energy) - couldn't you relieve it of the finished burden, and allow it to rest until you need it for a different task, and then employ it again?
Unless you are in need of more than one at a time, couldn't you just have one "main", sort of like a Head servant? It just seems to me that if the servitors main source of power isn't one's energy and that it can be maintained in a different, healthy manner for the practitioner,
then it would be a waste to create one and destroy it soon after.
I would rather create one that I could employ once more in the future, after a task has been overcome.

I'm thinking of making a doll or a poppet of the servitor and bonding it's spirit into that, then "feeding" it primarily with offerings and the like.

Presumably you would create it with that purpose in mind, and it would work, no?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:15 pm
P a l e O w l
Say the servitor finishes the task (and it's NOT feeding primarily from your energy) - couldn't you relieve it of the finished burden, and allow it to rest until you need it for a different task, and then employ it again?
Unless you are in need of more than one at a time, couldn't you just have one "main", sort of like a Head servant? It just seems to me that if the servitors main source of power isn't one's energy and that it can be maintained in a different, healthy manner for the practitioner,
I would rather create one that I could employ once more in the future, after a task has been overcome.

I'm thinking of making a doll or a poppet of the servitor and bonding it's spirit into that, then "feeding" it primarily with offerings and the like.

The danger in this is letting it live long enough to gain a mind and intention of its own.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 pm
Obscurus
P a l e O w l

The danger in this is letting it live long enough to gain a mind and intention of its own.

what if thats your purpose in creating it though?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm
Vanilla eXee

Presumably you would create it with that purpose in mind, and it would work, no?

I would think so, at least.

Obscurus

I understand that, but if one treated it well enough and didn't simply use it for their benefit alone (giving offerings even when dormant and still caring for it rather than simply tossing it to the side until it's next job), do you think that it would be at all malicious if it did gain a mind of its own?
I mean I know that the danger could be that it could basically uprise if it did gain it's own consciousness; and I'm certainly not saying that I wouldn't add in a "just in case" clause into it's contract.

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 pm
hm what i would like to know is what would be the limits of one’s (a servitor’s) influence on the physical world. from what i’ve read so far, they mainly seem to either effect probability,emotion, etc.
but what if one created a servitor to act as a poltergeist. it seems like this would require its creator to be able to physically manipulate reality to some degree (but more than probability manipulation) or have the servitor gain sentience and figure out how to affect the physical world by itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:49 pm
no no one in this world has that kind of power only the almighty(s) has that kind of power my view is DON'T EVEN BOTHER.  

josh of earth2

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:35 pm
josh of earth2
no no one in this world has that kind of power only the almighty(s) has that kind of power my view is DON'T EVEN BOTHER.

you might want to quote if you are going to reply to me so i can see it right away ^^;

first who are/is the Almighty(s)?
second i dont know why one wouldn't bother. if you want to get better at anything the best on can do is practice and/or attempt at their goal. after all even if the chance of succeeding is slim, it becomes absolutely void if one gives up.
third you said no one in this world correct? if thats the case a servitor should still be able to do that  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 pm
neko-mata-01
Obscurus
P a l e O w l

what if thats your purpose in creating it though?

Then I guess it's not a problem. There is still the issue of all of its actions potentially being bound to you causally. That is, it hurts someone and you basically hurt someone by proxy. Not everyone views it that way though.

P a l e O w l
Obscurus

I understand that, but if one treated it well enough and didn't simply use it for their benefit alone (giving offerings even when dormant and still caring for it rather than simply tossing it to the side until it's next job), do you think that it would be at all malicious if it did gain a mind of its own?
I mean I know that the danger could be that it could basically uprise if it did gain it's own consciousness; and I'm certainly not saying that I wouldn't add in a "just in case" clause into it's contract.

I don't think one could know if it would be malicious. The danger is that it would gain a mind of its own and have its own goals and ambitions that may not be in accord with what you want. It may choose not to listen to you anymore or rebel. This is the danger of letting it live too long. Also see above about you potentially being responsible for its actions if you allow it to get out of your control.

I'm not telling you not to create a permanent egregore but I am telling you that the potential exists for it to backfire on you if you intentionally let it live for a long time. It might make an interesting experiment to see how long it took something like that to take on a mind of its own though.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am
Obscurus

I don't think one could know if it would be malicious. The danger is that it would gain a mind of its own and have its own goals and ambitions that may not be in accord with what you want. It may choose not to listen to you anymore or rebel. This is the danger of letting it live too long. Also see above about you potentially being responsible for its actions if you allow it to get out of your control.

I'm not telling you not to create a permanent egregore but I am telling you that the potential exists for it to backfire on you if you intentionally let it live for a long time. It might make an interesting experiment to see how long it took something like that to take on a mind of its own though.

EDIT: In answer to how long they could potentially last/how much effect they could cause on the physical world, once imbued with their own consciousness:

Well...recently, I made a poppet of myself for my fiance, because we have to be physically apart until after this Yule. I made this one on the New Moon after doing a dedication to Lilith - which was a mistake, but we learned some valuable information through this, so it turned out to be another discovery on poppet work. He was putting energy into it, day and night, from March until late July when he claimed the dolls head moved and looked at him. Early this August, he was telling me that every night that he slept with it, it gave him nightmares and that the energy in it somehow changed.
He ended up burning it (which is when we realized that making poppets on the New Moon can symbolize "new outlooks", once burned), and I'm making him a new one, soon.

We think that the poppet turned into a thoughtform from the amount of energy he put into it, and unfortunately began to give him nightmares.
If that's the case...I would say that about 6 months could be a safe guess at how long one could retain a long-term servitor without potential problems arising.
I think I may experiment with this again, though. I'll definitely post any results I may find in the process. Come the waxing moon, I will be making one or two.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 am
P a l e O w l
Obscurus

EDIT: In answer to how long they could potentially last/how much effect they could cause on the physical world, once imbued with their own consciousness:

Well...recently, I made a poppet of myself for my fiance, because we have to be physically apart until after this Yule. I made this one on the New Moon after doing a dedication to Lilith - which was a mistake, but we learned some valuable information through this, so it turned out to be another discovery on poppet work. He was putting energy into it, day and night, from March until late July when he claimed the dolls head moved and looked at him. Early this August, he was telling me that every night that he slept with it, it gave him nightmares and that the energy in it somehow changed.
He ended up burning it (which is when we realized that making poppets on the New Moon can symbolize "new outlooks", once burned), and I'm making him a new one, soon.

We think that the poppet turned into a thoughtform from the amount of energy he put into it, and unfortunately began to give him nightmares.
If that's the case...I would say that about 6 months could be a safe guess at how long one could retain a long-term servitor without potential problems arising.
I think I may experiment with this again, though. I'll definitely post any results I may find in the process. Come the waxing moon, I will be making one or two.

thats quite interesting. so it seems that apparently you could give a servitor almost poltergeist like qualities.  

neko-mata-01

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 am
neko-mata-01
P a l e O w l

thats quite interesting. so it seems that apparently you could give a servitor almost poltergeist like qualities.

If it was able to gain enough power, perhaps, but I think that once it got to that point it would run the risk of putting the master in danger as well. However, it'd be worth a try. As long as one has a fail-safe clause in it's contract that would allow you to destroy it if it got out of hand, then I would give it a try, at least.
Making one to give dreams/nightmares seems to be an extremely easy task.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:45 pm
P a l e O w l
neko-mata-01
P a l e O w l

If it was able to gain enough power, perhaps, but I think that once it got to that point it would run the risk of putting the master in danger as well. However, it'd be worth a try. As long as one has a fail-safe clause in it's contract that would allow you to destroy it if it got out of hand, then I would give it a try, at least.

what if you were to restrict i to a certain area somehow?  

neko-mata-01

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 pm
neko-mata-01
P a l e O w l
neko-mata-01
P a l e O w l

what if you were to restrict it to a certain area somehow?

It could still eventually gain enough power in that area to possibly backlash on you, later, or possibly end up moving to other areas on it's own, if it gains sentience and rebels.
Again, though - I'd be willing to experiment and post results. I'm sure that every servitor will be a little different.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:16 am
josh of earth2
i dont think its the intention of this guild to outright say no and lay a bomb on the poster, your almighty may not be others almighty and alot of us work alone.  

Abstract_AfterLife

6,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sy001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:49 pm
Hello,
I´d like to get help with a servitor I need to eliminate. I have created many with no problem, but there is one that did cause problems and I want to get rid of it. How would I do it?
Thanks,
Sy001  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games