Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ravelry? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taligator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 pm
I'm on the waiting list too ... it's the "It" thing to do apparently. wink

~T  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:37 pm
I hope everyone gets in soon! They seemed to be catching up on invites.. I tell you, I'm more addicted to Ravelry these days than Gaia, and that's saying something. xD  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:49 am
AriRashkae
ForestGreen
AriRashkae
Trust me, it's worth it. If only to catalog all your works without having to type everything in manually! rofl

I saw where you can catalog your hooks and needles, that looks fun since there aren't many crochet hook sizes I don't have. I've even got a steel 16 that was given to me by either my grandmother or my former neighbor who was as good as a grandmother. heart

The only thing I didn't see there was a box for Denise Interchangeables or KnitPick's Options. My hubby's getting me the one with the Harmony wood tips for X-mas / birthday, depending on when it gets here (my B-day is in Feb). heart

Oooh lucky girl! I guess you'll just have to tell them that their site isn't quite complete without a box to check for the Denise and Knit Picks sets. If I ever advance far enough with my knitting to need them I think I'd like the Knit Picks set.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:38 am
i have just got my invite! I am Canadiangirl and i found the gaia guild and was excited this ravelry look SO cool!!!  

sparklingbutterfly

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:03 pm
ForestGreen

Oooh lucky girl! I guess you'll just have to tell them that their site isn't quite complete without a box to check for the Denise and Knit Picks sets. If I ever advance far enough with my knitting to need them I think I'd like the Knit Picks set.

I love my Denise's, and may actually order a second kit, just for expansion.

If KnitPicks hadn't come out with the Harmony ones, I probably wouldn't get one, as I'm not fond of metal needles (the sound). But those pretty rainbow woods had me lusting for the since I saw them! I have no real need for another interchangeable set, but hot damn they look nice!

At least I'll be able to compare them. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:23 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
I've heard of it, but I've honestly never been to the site. I don't even know what it is.

Me too. sweatdrop
I've heard it thrown around a couple times but I've never been there.  

Sugar Bandit

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:27 pm
faeriebell
I hope everyone gets in soon! They seemed to be catching up on invites.. I tell you, I'm more addicted to Ravelry these days than Gaia, and that's saying something. xD

Same here. I think that's REALLY saying something, since I've been addicted to Gaia for almost all of 4 years. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:09 am
AriRashkae
ForestGreen

I love my Denise's, and may actually order a second kit, just for expansion.

If KnitPicks hadn't come out with the Harmony ones, I probably wouldn't get one, as I'm not fond of metal needles (the sound). But those pretty rainbow woods had me lusting for the since I saw them! I have no real need for another interchangeable set, but hot damn they look nice!

At least I'll be able to compare them. wink

Please tell me that you husband teaches a class on gift giving.... mine doesn't understand that hooks and needles come in different sizes and that more than one size is needed. Unfortunately he is the world's worst gift-giver. I've actually taken him to an item I want and told him that I want that for a gift and he still is clueless. rolleyes  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:26 am
That kind of sounds like my dad. Please sign him up for said class. His idea of a good gift is what he thinks you want, which is usually a million times different and five sizes larger than what you ask for (ie: my desk/graduation gift. I gave him precise measurements of what would fit into my room, and he went out and bought the biggest one he could find. We had to remove the door jam to get it into my room).

But I guess I'd prefer that to the year he did his Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve at a 7-11. ¬.¬ I still haven't really forgiven him for that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:21 pm
ForestGreen

Please tell me that you husband teaches a class on gift giving.... mine doesn't understand that hooks and needles come in different sizes and that more than one size is needed. Unfortunately he is the world's worst gift-giver. I've actually taken him to an item I want and told him that I want that for a gift and he still is clueless. rolleyes

Sadly, if you've gone that far, the best you can hope for is gift certificates to places like KnitPicks, WEBs, etc. sweatdrop My husband just listens to me chatter on, and calls me adorkable. whee He told me if I liked them that much he'd order me a set. Between Xmas, my B-day in Feb., and our Anniversary in March, I'll get them soon.

I'd say your best bet is to get catalogs to places you like, circle the stuff you want (* the stuff you really want) and leave them in the bathroom. Maybe with a sticky note that says "Gift ideas in here!" Or something equally subtle. blaugh  

AriRashkae

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:23 am
AriRashkae

Sadly, if you've gone that far, the best you can hope for is gift certificates to places like KnitPicks, WEBs, etc. sweatdrop My husband just listens to me chatter on, and calls me adorkable. whee He told me if I liked them that much he'd order me a set. Between Xmas, my B-day in Feb., and our Anniversary in March, I'll get them soon.

I'd say your best bet is to get catalogs to places you like, circle the stuff you want (* the stuff you really want) and leave them in the bathroom. Maybe with a sticky note that says "Gift ideas in here!" Or something equally subtle. blaugh

I tried the catalog thing, it failed miserably. He insists that I'm too hard to buy things for. He might ask my daughter this year and she's old enough now to really know what I'd like, which probably means that he won't ask her. Oh well, it's not like he doesn't have other charms that make up for his awful gifting skills.
I'm glad you're getting the needles though even if I am very green with envy right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:11 pm
I estimate that I'll get my invite in about 14 days (at their current rate of 700 per day). smile

YAY!  

taligator

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:54 pm
I *just* got my invite today.

Holy crap, is that site cool! Friendly people! Knitters! Crocheters! Geeks!

*swoon*

I am happy!

oh, yes, my Ravelry name is: PlainSimpleGarak

I also haunt Gaia on that screenname too, but less frequently.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:55 am
On Ravelry as Dragonsinger  

Lady Dragonsinger

quietish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 pm
I'm Quietish on Ravelry. I spend entirely too much time on there.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff