Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
School mascots... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelique tulips

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:27 pm
my elementary mascot was a whale. everyone in middle school laughed at us for being whales =(  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:13 pm
My high school mascot was an elk. Which, personally, I thought was quite ironic considering the town was Elkins.

Elkins Elks. Oh yea, original.

We were originally supposed to be the Squirrels. . .

@Manamii- It`s not the Hillbilly is it?

Because there`s a town with that as their mascot, I s**t thee not.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Shadow Coon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:17 pm
In Jr. High: The Warriors

In High School: The Indians

In both JHS and HS the mascot was depicted as the ever-popular native American with a headdress and a hatchet, but people started bitching because it was "racist" and we stopped having a mascot. We didn't change the name of the teams, but we had to get rid of the mascot suit.

3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 pm
For elementary school #1, we had dolphins. That's interesting because, like, the students there are practically opposite from dolphins. It was kinda cool though... For elementary school #2, it was the ever so typical Eagle. I liked that school much more though. For elementary school #3, it was a panther. Seriously, panthers?! When I attended it, it barely turned its meager 3rd year anniversary... but it was because the Kindergarten-6th grade was split into K-3rd to 4-6th... so, it used to be pandas. For some ODD reason, it became panthers.. Whatever!
For my intermediate school (7-8) it was yet again eagles. Then for high school, the one I'm attending currently, is the Argonaut. ya know, like Jason and his crew searching for the Golden Fleece? yeppp. the thing is, since Argonauts didn't have such great clothing/armor, our mascot, although an Argo, is of a Spartan...guy with a helmet. I guess since they're all ferocious and competitive..? Whatev.. Except before that (and I mean DECADES) it was the chili pepper... I don't know my school is whack!  

duran times three

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:10 pm
>>...
SPARTANS! O:

Yep.
The La Canada Spartans.
And our mascott outfit
looks like its about to rape
the audience. xD
No kidding, its really freaky-looking.

The college 'Kaa & I want to
go to is the Bannana Slugs. >D
OH YEA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:28 am
Come to me, my love, my soldier, my protector...

My Junior high school mascot was the Phoenix.
And my High School one is some sort of Pirate xD
We're the Cavaliers<3

...and cast away the Shadows

Blood Raevyn

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blueblerry --

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:42 am

♥ A damn tiger... "Reach for the stars!" fruckin' cat always says.. Gawd. ♥
A.E.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:13 pm
a rader  

Dark Mr

Teh Pure

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 pm
User Image
`I'm a Golden Eagle. =]

Not really any backstory or anything.

But the dude who goes in the eagle costume at football games and whatnot is really friggin' funny. xD

Edit: Oh. We're supposed to put past mascots too? ^^; Well, in elementary school we were the lions. I remember back in like, kindergarten the best kid in class would get the 'Cub of the Week' award and would get special treatment all week. =] And in Middle School....I think we were the gators. Yeah, gators. Lol. Florida's so retarded. xD;;

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:03 pm
oh yeah,I forgot:

West Virginia University- the Mountaineers,colors- 'old' gold and blue

Marshall University- The Thundering Herd whose colors are 'Kelly' Green and White

*coughwearemarshallcough*  

ZukoMai

4,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:17 am
Elementary: Wildcats. I think the 1st name of the guy who the school's named after was Wilde, so maybe that's why.

Middle School: Hawks (for no real reason), but before I got there it was the Blue Devils but religious ppls were offended so they changed it.

High School: Rams. I don't really know the backstory, but the little logo looks exactly like the Dodge Ram. I'm waiting for the day that Dodge sues.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 pm
Elementary: My first school were The Cardinals (It's a bird if you don't know) My second was the Mustangs.

Middle: The Raiders.

Highschool: Bears! Simple, yet exquisite!  

Dainichi Kiaki

gourmet flat bread

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:36 pm
my school is a wildcat...

our colors are blue and white  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:45 pm
I don't remember my elementary mascot. Too far back for this oldie.

Junior High (not middle school, damnit; it was just 7th and 8th grade) we were the Timber Wolves.

Highschool we were the Tonawanda Warriors (our name is actually Swift Running Water - I believe it's an Iroquois name) so we had an Indian Chief. I don't remember if we had to change it or not. I don't think we did.

St. Bonaventure (my first college) was the "Bonnies". Don't ask me what the hell that meant. It was some type of badger... or wolverine... or something. *shrug*

UAT? Uhhh... We don't have a mascot, per say... I suppose we could use Ninjas and Pirates. *nodnod* This school is full of win.

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:06 pm
the first elementary school I went to we were called the sabers, our rival school was called the Raiders... well then when I was in grade 7 we moved schools and I ended going to that school, so then I was called a raider >.< (the colours were blue and white)
Then my first semester of high school i went to a school who was called the "Fighting Irish", we had a little leprechaun as our mascot, then 2nd semester I moved to the school i'm still at now. We're known as the blue Bombers, which basically is a blue bomber plane. We are named that because our school was built in.. 1939, I do believe, right around WWII, so that is how we came to be that, our school colours are blue and white. I love my school though, we have a lot of school pride even though our sports teams SUCK.
I wish in some ways I had gone off to college this year though, going for a 5th year of high school seems a but much for me.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff