Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
where is one favorite spot to do your crafts? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DiruAngel76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:45 pm
I like to be in my bedroom. It's quiet, secluded, and comes with music, tv, j-rockers and fashion. Perfect for inspiration.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:22 am
Rulin' ya universes...

I cleared out the middle shelf of my display shelf to keep my craft stuff on... so it's more accessible to my craft spot; the little corner of floorspace by my bed and display shelf <3
I like sitting on the floor for some reason ._. Reading, drawing, sleeping... flooor.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Miss-Shade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:40 pm
Don't have a lot of room in our apartment, so it's either at the kitchen table for sewing or sitting on the couch.

I hope to one day have a house with a room just crafting and art. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:29 am
I'm crocheting preemie hats for a local hospital, so a drag my little bag with me everywhere. In restaurants, waiting rooms in the doctors office and in the car (when I'm the passenger) that's were I'll crochet.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Silvermoonfall

Moonlight Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:01 pm
I like doing my crafting and sewing on the couch, my bed, in front of the computer, in the floor...really wherever I can find space, lol. One day, I hope to have a nice little spot that I can actually set up my sewing machine and such 'cause it's a pain to use a sewing machine on the floor >_<.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:26 pm
When I watch TV, I feel like I should be doing something with my hands, so thats when I usually do my crafting, either sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, etc.  

Utopia Rose

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:55 am
My favorite places to do crafts are in the corner of my bedroom, or sitting on my bed, and for when I sowing on my sowing machine, the living room table. I also like to do crafts outside when its nice and sunny and warm. And during winter, I like to sit by the fire place where its nice and warm, 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 pm
It is fun to make someone a gift right in front of them and they have no idea. Especially there reaction when you give them the gift.  

dezignqueen209

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 am
dezignqueen209
It is fun to make someone a gift right in front of them and they have no idea. Especially there reaction when you give them the gift.

Heck yeah, I hear ya, that's one of my absolute favorite spots.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:06 pm
When im knitting i luv working in on the couch or just on a chair somewhere round my house...when im sewing i work on this table in the living room that i turned into a sewing table!! xp heart mrgreen rofl  

ellayaxP

lizstaley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:51 am
I craft a lot in front of my laptop- whether my laptop is over by the couch or on the dining room table is another matter.

Recently I built myself a sewing desk though! Here's pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizstaley/2572345565/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizstaley/2573169698/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizstaley/2572389631/

It's shockingly sturdy for none of the 5 pieces that make it up being attached to one another!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:15 am
I do most of my sewing in the basementin the early hours of the morning. I've taken over two entire rooms of the basement and have my projects spread out everwhere, since no one else ever uses the basement. I do jewelry and traditional art upstairs, however, since I keep those supplies in my bedroom. When I'm at college, I have to do all my sewing by hand and usually end up doing it in class or during my late-night shifts at the library.  

salvagedsword

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200

Jazminny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:54 pm
I could manage to work anywhere that makes me feel comfortable, anywhere not too dirty.

Give me my type of music and I'll be just fine.

I've always wanted to go and sew in a cafe or something though. :]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:22 pm
I made this spot in my bedroom where I put my sewing machine. I need a new table badly, because the chair I have is too tall and I hafta hunch over to sew anything. It's totally worth it, though! I call it my "studio" and I even have some of my projects hanging on tacks on the wall to keep me motivated. ^_^  

loves_funeral_song

Ruth the Magnificent

4,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:46 am
I craft just about anywhere - school, church, outdoors, trees, whatever, but my fav place to craft is my bed. I can listen to music w/o bugging my family, and I don't have to drag my stuff all over to get things done. Plus, beads are easier to keep track of when they're trapped on a pillow than when they're rolling all over a desk or a table.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff