Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Gaia Relationships- Are they stupid? Or Actually worth doing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 am
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Mmhmm, for the record when I talk about the physical in a relationship being important I'm not talking about sex necessarily. But just to be able to reach out and touch them is a must for me. Also, cuddles make the f*cking world go round. I swear haha. Just laying there in his arms is pretty much the most relaxing thing in the world to me. Also just being able to do simple things like hang out, go places together etc. It would drive me crazy to be in a relationship and not be able to do that at all.

...I laughed myself to sleep.

yup yup me too
toodles for cuddles ;D
also... I communicate a lot better if I have visual contact, and touch ^^
*makes round hand gestures* like... that doesn't work much with text talk, even on a webcam, it's not quite the same as being face to face u.u
I had an internet Boyfriend when I 14 xD and when we first met it just.,.. wouldn't flow, so we both said goodbyes and that was it u.u" even though we were reaaaally close before

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:48 am
s4mgir1v3rsi0n
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

Mmhmm, for the record when I talk about the physical in a relationship being important I'm not talking about sex necessarily. But just to be able to reach out and touch them is a must for me. Also, cuddles make the f*cking world go round. I swear haha. Just laying there in his arms is pretty much the most relaxing thing in the world to me. Also just being able to do simple things like hang out, go places together etc. It would drive me crazy to be in a relationship and not be able to do that at all.

...I laughed myself to sleep.
User Image

but if you're willing to wait to be able to do that, shows commitment still, right?

i have to wait until March, which i'm more than willing to do...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:58 am
Since this is here, does anyone remember the infamous Gaian relationship between Spencer Kun and Pinkie Swear? [I think she's hopeh-chan now, but I can't tell by the pictures...]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:10 am
Skarlis
Since this is here, does anyone remember the infamous Gaian relationship between Spencer Kun and Pinkie Swear? [I think she's hopeh-chan now, but I can't tell by the pictures...]
User Image

i remember that 3nodding User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Indulge [In Words]
Crew

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:58 am
D: I'm so very divided, honestly!

My aunt and uncle dated online
for over a year and are now
happily married in real life....

But my only attempt at
Gaia dating wasn't even REAL in my mind!
Which is why I say Gaia relationships
are more confusing than in real life....
I guess I could say the girl thought
she meant more to me than she did,
and I thought we were just kidding about
the whole thing.... >>;;

BUT BUT BUT-!
Gaia friendships are good. :3
I know so! ILU, 'Kaa-chan~ ;D
(Shut up, I know you're reading this, you stalker.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:12 pm
Rebel Sheep
Skarlis
User Image

i remember that 3nodding User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sweatdrop I don't.
But how long ago was that? It was probably when I was still a noob.. that or it was when I stopped coming online for a while sweatdrop

@ S4mgirl- I get what you mean about the whole physical thing. I hope that's what everyone meant when they were typing about the physical needs in a relationship.. cause I was. Sex should only come when both people are ready and are close enough for such a thing. ( sweatdrop I'm one of those people who believe sex to be an intimate thing only shared with the one you are with.. )  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sombra Mapache

Dapper Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:56 pm
This depends entirely up who the individuals in the relationship are and how mature they are. 3nodding

The man I've been dating for almost two years was someone I met online, so it would be rather silly of me to say that Online Relationships (or in this case, Gaia ones) are silly. However, a good percentage of the time, they are rather a bit, for lack of a better word, stupid. Teens and even young adults can meet people online and get to know them and over time, truly believe that they've developed a solid relationship. However, quite often, both people are QUITE different offline than online, so when they meet, they realize how very wrong they are for each other.

The best way to put it is this: there are many times that online relationships are extremely wonderful and valid, but more often than not, they end up being duds because of the maturity and compatibility of the individuals involved in them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 pm
The Intelli-Coon
This depends entirely up who the individuals in the relationship are and how mature they are. 3nodding

The man I've been dating for almost two years was someone I met online, so it would be rather silly of me to say that Online Relationships (or in this case, Gaia ones) are silly. However, a good percentage of the time, they are rather a bit, for lack of a better word, stupid. Teens and even young adults can meet people online and get to know them and over time, truly believe that they've developed a solid relationship. However, quite often, both people are QUITE different offline than online, so when they meet, they realize how very wrong they are for each other.

The best way to put it is this: there are many times that online relationships are extremely wonderful and valid, but more often than not, they end up being duds because of the maturity and compatibility of the individuals involved in them.
User Image

it's something you can't really generalise...since people will act and react in different ways.

one ting is certain though...if you don't intend to take it offline and actually meet the person then it's useless to call it a committed relationship...

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Sombra Mapache

Dapper Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:33 pm
Rebel Sheep
The Intelli-Coon

User Image

it's something you can't really generalise...since people will act and react in different ways.

one ting is certain though...if you don't intend to take it offline and actually meet the person then it's useless to call it a committed relationship...

Right you are, dear. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:42 pm
The Intelli-Coon
Rebel Sheep
The Intelli-Coon

User Image

Right you are, dear. 3nodding
User Image

i've defended this topic quite a few times in the past ^^;User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Teh Fruit Booter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:01 pm
Well it can go either way.

I say they are worth it. Why not?
But I say if you have a current relationship in real life you shouldn't go dating on gaia.I personally think that it's just as bad as cheating on someone. Most online relationships never work out. Then, that good friend if your worst enemy. I just don't even date online. Yeah, I have had online crushes. But, I just don't online date.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:54 pm
They can work for some people but not really for me... if I do I like to know a lot about them and maybe even like a picture. Eh. They have caused head aches domokun  

XAmberrXO

StrawBerryApple

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:21 pm
I've never had one, or plan on having one, so I don't know.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Rebel Sheep
pxxn
Gaia relationship as in couples are stupid. unless you guys know each other in real life. Or if this is just for gaia fun then whatever thats cool.
Personally any internet relation is stupid. you don't even know if you actually talking to a 40 year old male. So be careful you never know what kind of pervs are out there. > >
User Image

sssshhhh...

as long as you're sure, i don't see anything wrong with it...duh xD it'd be weird if i did

for you it's different, cause you guys actually talk on the phone and all. 3nodding

pxxn

Original Fairy

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:39 pm
fujin_a_k_a_heero
Rebel Sheep
Skarlis
User Image

sweatdrop I don't.
But how long ago was that? It was probably when I was still a noob.. that or it was when I stopped coming online for a while sweatdrop

@ S4mgirl- I get what you mean about the whole physical thing. I hope that's what everyone meant when they were typing about the physical needs in a relationship.. cause I was. Sex should only come when both people are ready and are close enough for such a thing. ( sweatdrop I'm one of those people who believe sex to be an intimate thing only shared with the one you are with.. )

Actually hopeh-chan and spencer kun are still "dating" are't they. she got all her items from him > >  
[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff