Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SYFFER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:40 pm
Nanariel
SYFFER
Being a Manga fan I think it's a good idea. Too bad I didn't think of it stressed Oh well I guess I'm going to have to find another way to portray LOTR sweatdrop Maybe through song! xp

Oooo... like "The Hobbit" the musical!

Bilbo: (dancing outside) La la la!
Gandalf: (walking in, also dancing)
Oh ho my little friend
With your furry feet
It's time to break into song!
And...

something something, I can't write songs, but all I can picture is thirteen dwarves, a hobbit, and a wizard all prancing around and singing.

Or better yet... Just put Tolkien's words to music. That would definitely perk up interest. Like a Tolkien band. Maybe call them "The Bards of Gondor" or something...
that's brilliant! biggrin I shall wirte a group of Tolkien songs and post them in a new topic tomorro.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:21 pm
Longbow UK
I like the idea... 3nodding As long as it is true to Tolkien's work. I too would love something like that to show/read to any future children.
ditto, except i dont want kids  

The Return of the Queen

Darkfire_blade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:38 am
That would be wonderful. I would so get it for my little sister. She's taken a bit of a shine to Lord of the Rings. I was going to try to read the book to her...but....*sighs* sweatdrop she didn't get it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:20 pm
I think it's a great idea. Some people are more visual than others, myself included, and having corrisponding pictures wo go with the text might make it easier for people to read and understand. It would also give faces to the many characters that were not in the movies, and it would be able to stay almost entirely true to the books if done correctly.  

Alexis_The_Great

PearlZenith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:33 pm
Well, I was planning on making a graphic version of the Silm. But, it was in part to interest a friend of mine who was very anti Tolkien. I would never change the story, but just choose a few moments to draw out. In my opinion, that's what fan art is for, also. I wouldn't mind an illustrations book for the Silmarillion, but I think it's better to read the story without pitures first.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:42 pm
*shivers* a manga of lotr?? it's like a no-no.. at least on my part...
and I don't know... i feel kinda sceptic about that... just imagine, most of the images we make on our minds are either by tolkiens word or by John Howe or Alan Lee which are the artists that draw mostly all tolkien's illustrated work and are in book covers and illustrated editions of the books (The Silmarillion, The Hobbit and LOTR) by Alan Lee and stuff. I think that a lot of us wouldn't like to see an illustrated edition or kinda comic thing if those two great artists didn't make it.. besides, if you want to make an illustrated version for kids of LOTR you would have to change some things here and there and bah, it would happen the same as the movies, people flamming and disagreeing and eveything; it's pointless, not to mention that it would be so expensive that only very few people would have access to those books.  

cattirun

8,100 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Born On The FM Waves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:26 am
I was reading back and realized that my comment was moot.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:38 am
I think more version are good, then there is a larger selection and greater chance of that version being the same as yours.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:44 pm
Have you seen the extended versions of the movie? I saw part of the 2nd one... and BOROMIR IS ALIVE!!! eek (like he is supposed to be razz )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:29 pm
You mean the flashback? Yeah I watch all the extended versions (including appendices). I don't really like Boromir....I like Faramir better, except his nose is really big....You know Orlando Bloom originally auditioned for the part of Faramir? Can you imagine him playing that part?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:59 pm
I can't xd And idk razz I haven't watched it yet xd I just saw screenshots ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:46 am
You serious!!!!!!!! Don't you have any buddies you can borrow it off?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:52 pm
Nope sad They only have the regular version gonk I'm trying to get the extended version for Christmas or get someone else to get it for the holiday season xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 am
A manga Lord of the Rings? That's amazing! Now fangirls and fanboys can drool all over LOTR bishonen/bishojo/bishota (although I don't think there are many bishota in LOTR... the hobbits, maybe).  

Galadedrid Damodred

Twilit Requiem

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:25 am
I would so waste the little money I have on a LOTR manga =3 I think it's an awesome idea.

At our school library they have special editions of the books, with illustrations scattered through the whole thing like they do in The Hobbit. Downside is the books are hardcover and weigh more than a brick.

Quote:
Or better yet... Just put Tolkien's words to music. That would definitely perk up interest. Like a Tolkien band. Maybe call them "The Bards of Gondor" or something...

Or do what my friends did during Geography one time-sing LOTR to the tunes of random songs. Amazingly, "Advance Australia Fair" sounded OK with lyrics describing countour maps.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff