Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Anti-Atheist Propaganda Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizzah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:32 am
[Perfect Calamity]
Sanguvixen
Ex President, Bush Senior once said that "He does not know if atheist should so much be consider citizens of America". To me that chalks it up as the worst because a president said that before an entire nation, which is rediculous and wrong.

Geoge Bush (the older one)
No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God

Is that the one? Thats the only one i've seen but i totally agree.
Its one of the worst things you could say as a president [it was during his presidency, after some Illinois disaster..?]
I havnt had a whole bunch, just uber christians.
like some of my friends find it incredibly wrong to be an atheist, so i never talk about being one, unless they are talking bad about us ><

I came here to cite that quote.

Honestly, individual nuts are free to believe whatever nonsense about me as an atheist that they like. I don't generally anticipate someone who genuinely believes that the world was created in 6 days with turtles all the way down will grasp much, if any, of who I am and what I stand for anyway, but I'm not interested in making that a thought crime.

However, since Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, it makes me really squirm when the government - either through official spokespeople or through bureaucratic action - gets involved in the atheist hate fest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:34 pm
I've seen alot of Evilution out there. Of course, I hold no pose on evolution vs. intellegent design, but I can't stand when they disprove evolution and then digress to christianity. It's like they're working against themselves, by making a point over something that is just as much bullcrap as evolution. They could've just disprooved it and had a powerful argument too, but alas, no, they slap on christianity...And wreck their position.  

Steel-Avatar

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:40 pm
Are you trying to say that acceptance of the theory of evolution by means of natural selection is just as ignorant as clinging to a belief in Christianity?

Also, to elvishberserker:

That whole story your friend posted is a variation on one of the many urban legends, chain letters and Chick tracts in which a cruel and arrogant atheist teacher or professor is humiliated by a humble Christian student.
Snopes.com has a few examples and variations of this urban legend:

Einstein Humiliates Atheist
Dropped Chalk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:04 pm
You guys have named it all. o.o  

Teoka

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers