Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Plays Role Playing Guild ::: With posts over 9000!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

Reply Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)
Quixotica (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Litharriel

2,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:46 am
Jasna looked back at her companions, noting Tempest's knife. Her brittle black eyes gleamed, slightly, her smile every bit as sharp. "Oh, here there be dragons, most certainly." she said in answer to Moonbeard's questions. "And any other kind of monster you'd care to think of. Some more obvious than others..."

She slowed her pace, slighly, to walk beside them. "As for the money, you'll get yours when I get mine. And it will be generous, I assure you." Her voice dropped to a conspirational whisper. "I told you the Sphinx deals in knowledge, and it's knowledge that we're selling her. You see, I recently discovered where Odin's--"

"If you lot are done with your gossiping," the halfling cut in as they reached the end of the hall, "we're here."

The arched doorway they stood before was larger than the rest, reaching nearly all the way to the high ceiling; the double doors that filled it were black marble inlaid with gold. They swung open with deceptive ease at the halfling's touch to reveal a space that was as much a cavern as a room, huge and full of shadows.

As they enter, they notice that the floor falls away leaving only a narrow walkway leading to the heart of the chamber, where waited a dais atop a dozen steps, surrounded by crimson gossamer curtains. It was bathed in a perfect shaft of golden light which fell on from a large hole in the ceiling, the only source of illumination in the room.

As they approach, a figure can be seen, its shadow cast large on the red curtains, eagle-like wings furled as it kneels over something, feline tail lashing the air. The thing it crouches over seems to be struggling, rasping sounds echoing through the chamber along with their footsetps...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:46 pm
[[Sorry I like died,guys. T^Tlll]]]

Neeron smiled slightly, whatever it was, it seemed friendly. "Hello," She replied softly, though making her voice heard. She managed a feeble smile, her cousins' faces stared at her in her mind's eye. She could see their penatrating glares. Uriyon would be glaring the most, his arms would be folded and he'd look unimpressed. Erioen would only scoff and comment how Neeron was so easily lost. "My baby cousin is nothing but an idiot!" He'd remark through his teeth.

Though in her own way she hated and loved both of them, they were her only family, and she needed them. No matter how much they were unaffectionate towards her.

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

Litharriel

2,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 am
Jasna ducked her head and covered her eyes, cursing under her breath.

For a few moments, the being behind the curtain did not answer or move, while the rasping and struggling of the figure beneath it slowly died away. Then, the beast straightened, swept aside the red gossamer, and moved into the light. After the fashion of all Greek Sphinxes, she bore the head and forequarters of a beautiful woman, olive-skinned and tawny-haired. Great eagle wings sprouted from her back, and her lower half was that of a lioness. An elaborate jeweled breastplate served as her only clothing, accentuating as much as it hid. She regarded the group approaching the dais with cold amusement, and then she spoke:

"I posed a riddle that drew no answer:
I asked the difference between a duck.
Mallard or dabbler, teal or merganser—
same difference, I say. Don’t tell me you’re stuck!

This question’s your task, now please begin it:
What’s the difference between a duck?
Logic won’t solve it in half a minute;
You’re most unlikely to crack it by luck.

No use to try a surreal suggestion
like “More kids went to Scout Camp than I did.”
Maybe, but please will you answer the question:
I’m waiting to hear what you’ve decided.

And it doesn’t turn on a silly trick
like “May a man marry his widow’s sister?”
No, the solution won’t make you sick,
nor will you write me off as a twister.

One answer deserving of ridicule
asserts “The higher it flies, the more.”
The singular’s there, but where’s the dual?
Oneness and twoness is at the core.

Now here’s what looks like a pretty good shy:
“One has feathers, the other quacks.”
It may seem apt, but I’ll tell you why
it’s not the best and what it lacks:

Not two ducks were given, but only one,
the difference between which you must name.
The answer—what wonderful webfooted fun!—
“One of its legs are both the same!” "

Turning, the Sphinx moved further back onto the dais. As the group reaches the top of the stairs, it is to find her sprawled on a gilded chais lounge. She regards them with a gaze that was part predator, part triumphant scholar. "And now one for you. An answer in payment for an answer:

Plural yet singular
Where two become one
The Hanged Man's haunt
To which all paths must run."

Jasna cursed again, turning to Tempest. "You had better figure out the answer, Partner. Otherwise I'll have to give her the secret with no payment but our lives and hope she keeps the bargain!"

(np, Toxic; just glad to have you back biggrin )

The person on the bridge jumped lighly down from the railing to land beside a large, shapeless backpack that had been propped nearby. "Is the bridge comfortable?" it asked, with a slightly absent smile. "I was thinking of maybe sleeping here, tonight."

Behind the being, at the end of the bridge, a pale woman in a moonlight-blue kimono stood. Her perfect, red lips formed in a quiet smile, and then she was gone...

"I'm Waif. What's your name?" asked the being with great interest.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 pm
Seeing the beautiful but almost wraith-like figure appear and disappear almost made Neeron forget about the person in front of her. When it disappeared, she seemed to drift back into reality, and stared at the creature in front of her. "Waif?" She asked, smiling a bit. The name sounded to her a lot like a waffer cracker, but not wanting to possibly hurt the creature's feelings, she kept her speculation to herself. "I'm Neeron." She stated. "A demon."  

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

Litharriel

2,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:00 pm
(OOC: Apologies, all, for the delay. Things at home have been a tad on the crazy side, didn't leave much room in my head for fun. Picking up, picking up, just throw something heavy at me...)

The Sphinx raised an eyebrow, a small ubiquitous smile playing at her lips. "So little patience." she purred, calmly, though the claws of her back legs could be heard rending the velvet upholstering the chaise. "Lucky your friend is correct. It ups your chances of survival..."

"Now, now, now..." said Jasna, sliding forth amiably to stand between Tempest and the beast. "Let's all be professionals, here." She darted a warning glance back at the partner remaining and whispered. "Find him. I'll deal with her and catch up," then turned her attention back to the Sphinx, for the first time the smallest evidence of nerves apparent in the usually-unflappable Cheshire Cat. "Surely, Manusiha, you're curious to know why we're here? That's a riddle that can't be answered if we're dead, eh...?"

"Says who?" smirked the beast. She stretched nonchalantly. "But yes, I suppose it might be worthwhile to keep you alive. You do bring me interesting news, now and then."

"Well, we felines should stick together, shouldn't we?" Replied Jasna with her pattented grin. "Especially when there are things like Odin's Runestaves out there to be found..."

Suddenly the beast was sitting forward. "Odin's Runestaves..." she said, a look of what could only be termed lust in her eyes. "His runstaves, in the sequencing only he knew..."

Jasna's grin widened, her customary confidence returning. "I thought that might be worth something to you..."

The child looked down at Neeron thoughtfully. "Most demons I've met have been really mean," it said conversationally. "There's one with a horse's head and two mouths who lives on Derry Street. He tried to eat me, once, but I guess I didn't taste good." Waif picked up the bag that sat at its feet. "I know better places to sleep than this. Places with food, even, but this probably has the best view... Joseph and Maggie have really good food. Are you hungry?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:13 pm
Neeron looked sympathetic. "Aww, I'm sorry..." she said, placing a hand on the creature's shoulder. Once the creature said 'food' Neeron realized how hungry she was. When was the last time she had eaten? Days ago? She couldn't remember. "Yeah, I kinda am." She said,smiling, hiding her starving insides.  

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

Litharriel

2,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:44 pm
(OOC: GNAR technical-bloody-smegging-difficulties!!! evil I would've had this up earlier but for the 'net at work going wonky on me and then this comp being contrary, booting me and making me type this out twice. Moving on...)

The Sphinx looked up at Tempest through narrowed eyes. "Only a fool would come to me with lies." she said, remotely, "Most unlike you, Jasna." Absently, she traced a finger over one of the many jewels that adorned her, and suddenly Tempest finds himself encased in a steel sphere, and the rope that held him suspended severed. The Sphinx's voice sounded as if she was beside him whispering in his ear. "Hanging from your hostess' ceiling is terribly uncivilized. I believe you may benefit from time among your own kind." With a motion of her hand, she sent the sphere pitching into the yawning darkness.

"Bloody Hell!" swore the Cheshire Cat. She ran to the edge of the walkway and looked down into the abyss, scowling at the sneaking feeling that it was not just looking back, but waving smugly. "Well, are you coming?" she snarled back at Moonbeard. With a grimace, she took firm hold of her cane and leapt over the edge after Tempest, swearing all the way...

Waif grinned. "Yay! Follow me!" With a giggle, the androgyne skipped off into the city. It leads Neeron through the twisting, twilit streets, past buildings of crystal and stone, soaring towers and makeshift shacks, to one of the more prosperous sections of the city. On one corner a hulking, blue-furred creature seemed to be having a deep conversation with a parrot, and on another a girl with blue butterfly wings argued with a man in 18th Century clothing that appeared to be sewn entirely of newspaper.

Ahead was a small, unassuming building--made to look even moreso compared to the edifice next door, which appeared to be constructed entirely of spinning, mirror-like tiles. The sign outside the building had no letters, but depicted a rather disgruntled-looking fellow in medieval chainmail. "This is the Inn of the Taunting Frenchman." Waif explained. "Joseph and Maggie baught it from Bertrand when he went away to England. He tends the bar, now."

The androgyne pushed open the old, dark, wooden door. The inside of the pub was lit warmly by candles and white christmas lights strung along the rafters. Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" played incongrulously from the jukebox in one corner.

Waif threw its bag into a nearby booth and scampered into the back room in search of its friends...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 pm
Amazed by the exotic surroundings, Neeron had to force her eyes to stay on Waif as to not become lost in this wonderous place. Neeron continued to follow, no keeping her eyes on Waif. They stopped at a pub, and they bothed entered. A pleasant smell wafted around the whole place. Like a friendly aura, welcoming her into the building. "Oh, I see." Neeron said with a smile as the two entered. These names were obviously unfamiliar to her, nonetheless, she commented on Waif's statement. Neeron continued to follow Waif, almost mindlessly. She felt quite lost around this place. She only knew the small apartment where she lived. Everywhere else was unknown, and without a guide, she felt quite lost.  

[ToXiC][ToOtHpAsTe]
Vice Captain

Role Playing Stage (This is where the Role Plays take place)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games