Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PankurokkuBaco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:29 pm

.Mhmm.
.:Heyazz my name is Ed:.
.I'll trie to do my grammer stuff good, but I'm still getting fluent completly in English.
.::Sorry if I screw up real bad::.
.I guess Im writing and reading these days.
:.: So yeah..O_O:.:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 am
Hi there everyone, I'm not going to say my name because I think you're all smart enough to look under my avi instead cool . Thanks for the invite, penandpaper67 - dunno how much I'll be on here, but it looks really fun. But anyways - I'm 16, highschool senior in the real world, and all that. I'm more of a reader than a writer, though I do write poems alot. When it comes to modern books I'm probably a bit out of touch with a lot of it, though I do like the Eragon, Maximum Ride and Lost Years of Merlin books. And I've read...countless Star Wars novels. But other than that I'm a big classical person. You know, Lord of the Rings, Bram Stoker (go Dracula!), Bronte sisters, Shakespeare, the works.  

Darsha Assant

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

PirateARGH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:48 pm
Hello, I'm Sibby. I'm a reader, not a writer. I'm too bad at writing. ninja Lately I've been reading Jane Austen. And have become seriously obsessed. pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:31 pm
Hey, I'm Adrian, age 17.1, and um... I like reading and writing?

Yeah, anyway, I guess I'm more into writing than reading at the moment, since School=No Free Time=Hard To Finish Long Books. Does manga count as reading then? *shrug* I guess it involves reading words, but also looking at pretty pictures, which is yay.

Um... sorry, I'm kinda brain-dead today.

So... I used to be a die hard fantasy/scifi fan, but now I read more magical realism (Francesca Lia Block=Holy s**t Awesomeness) and pretty much anything with good characters. Same with writing, actually. Though I can't finish a story to save my life. And they usually deteriorate into my characters drinking tea, eating cookies, and discussing philosophy. Plots are hard...

Uh, yeah. Kind of a disjointed rant there, but basically, thanks for the invite, and I'll try to be kinda active on here if I can. And maybe post writing if I can convince myself it doesn't suck.  

Azaraih

toxmule2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:22 pm
Hi! I'm remy and I love to read/write umm. kinda bad poems redface . Thanks for inviting me:] I havent found any good books lately so, please, recogmend some! I've been bored:]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 pm
Hey, thanks for inviting me to the guild! ^_^
I'm Jo and I like reading more than writing mainly because I don't have enough patience to write things. I'm not exactly sure whatelse to type here, but I generally like books that have good characters, I can't stand a poor character. I'm a fast reader and a slow writer and am generally laughed at for the way i hold my pen/pencil (I hold it weird...) I hate puns courtesy of the english teacher I had last year.
I'll try to come again, but I'm incredibly forgetful, so that might not happen regularly.  

Theresacatonthewall

Darsha Assant

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:26 pm
PirateARGH
Hello, I'm Sibby. I'm a reader, not a writer. I'm too bad at writing. ninja Lately I've been reading Jane Austen. And have become seriously obsessed. pirate

Wow, I didn't think I'd find anybody else who liked Jane Austen, thats why I didn't bother putting it down. Which story is your favorite? I really like Pride and Prejudice (of course), and Northanger Abbey.

Love the signature, too, by the way. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:35 pm
Hi! I'm muleforthree, but you can call me Mule or Blu (because I'm blue and I'm used to being called that on sites other than Gaia).

I love to both read and write, and I might have some friends who will be willing to join the guild, too.  

muleforthree

jugglebuttons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm
HIYO! Jugglebuttons here. well I'm a reader and an aspiring writer. thanks to penandpaper for inviting cause I don't I would have found this on my own!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm
Hi! I'm Nola.

I love to read and write, also. I do NaNoWrimo and SoCNoC every year, and I'm still working on finishing my last NaNo novel.

Yay! Another guild for me! xd  

NolaIvory

Calla Ayden

Moonlight Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:57 pm
Hiya.
My nickname is Cai, feel free to call me that. smile
I'm a reader and writer of almost everything. I think I'm probably most proud of my poems though.
I don't really have a favorite author at the current moment.
Thanks to penandpaper67 for the invite. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 pm
Hello. My name is Felicity, you may call me Fellie for short. It's my birffday in exactly one week.^-^
I love to write novels almost as much as I love to read them. My nose is almost always in a book. I prefer fantasy or historical romance novels. I love the Twilight series--and Edward--very much. I enjoy the Harry Potter series, they are written extremely well. I just read the book Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and loved it, I can't wait until I get to read the others. Another series I like is Blue is for Nightmares, White is for Magic, Silver is for Secrets and Red is for Remembrance by Laurie Faria Stolarz.
My favorite historical romance writers are Gaelen Foley, Sabrina Jefferies and Candance Camp. They write exceedingly well.
I believe I'm going to enjoy being a part of the guild. heart

Amethyst Heaven

seleneswan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:08 pm
Hi everyone. Which I assume is no one, because what's the chance that anyone is going to read this anways? Nevertheless, I'm writing this. Oh well. My name is Selene and I love to read, write, draw, get on Gaia, and talk a lot. I don't watch all that much TV and I have the worst sight in the world. But I have contacts to make up for it. I have so many books that I love, I can't even begin to name them all. I'm not gonna name the obvious books that mostly everyone likes (Harry Potter, Twilight, Eragon and Eldest, Uglies series, so on so forth) but I am going to name a few no names that are amazing. I highly suggest that you read these:

arrow Darkangel (yes, it is one word)
arrow East (this should have actually gone up at the top with Harry Potter and Twilight and them, but not everyone has read it, so it goes down here)
arrow In the Forests of the Night (written by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes when she was 13 or 14)
arrow Midnighters (by Scott Westerfeld, the guy who wrote Uglies)
arrow Peeps (by Scott, too)
arrow Singer of All Songs (amazing book series, I strongly suggest you read it. The other two in the trilogy are The Waterless Sea and The Tenth Power)
arrow Gifts ; Voices ; and Powers (all three by Ursula K. Le Guin)

There are more, but that is the bare minimum of books you should read. I absolutely love all of them. Thanks to penandpaper67 for inviting me! heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:18 pm
User Image

^_^

Hi anyone who actually reads this, My name is Selena, but my nickname is Sa-Chan. I am obssesed with reading, {i am not very good but...} writing, drawing, get on Gaia, and listen to music. I am not very social, but whatever. I like tons of different books, check out my profile for all of them I like. I cannot write music for my life, but I play the piano pretty well.

That's all for now, so yeah, if you read this, I am shocked yet thankful

^_^

User Image

Kiwi-Colored-Sharpiie

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:23 pm
Actually, I read all of these posts, but that's probably just because I'm captain and I like to hear about all of the members. biggrin And I have to check for anything inappropriate as well..... domokun  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff