Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Know what's fun in the RE games? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gah, damn that RE Remake and its tricky puzzles.
  I know, I know
  Your just not good at those games! D<
View Results

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:12 am
[Le S h i t]
When you forget what to do in Jill's story. I ended up getting it after the first 42 minutes, but has that ever happened to any of you?

no.... When I first played the remake it was years and years after I played the original. I was 3 years old when I played the original and I played the remake about....lets see Im going to guess 12 or 13. But I didn't have any problems. Except with that stupid puzzle box that u have to do to get the spencer key. I alkways hate doing that thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 am
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222
I'm getting it. And I going to see RE biggrin egeneration. Though I don't know what Degeneration means...Oh well it has Claire and Leon. So who cares!!!

A. Degeneration is the opposite of regeneration, so it means like... decay, constantly going down or breaking apart.

B. What Bio said. Except I still think that the story could be better than RE4's (anything could, really. Even Dead Rising's plot involving making more meat for America through biological testing causing bees to infect humans and turn them into zombies was better. Simply because it had zombies in it). And Leon could redeem himself a little if he doesn't drop lousy insults/comebacks and do backflips during the movie. But he still has the jacket. And the hair. The damned, damned hair. burning_eyes

omg are you like mentally ill? Dead Rising's story was NO WHERE NEAR Resident Evil 4's story in comparison--Dead rising and RE4 u cant even MAKE that comparison. its simply not done! and RE4 has NOTHING to have redeemed! Itt is as good as any other RE game! I hate people who say things like that. You can't possibly think that, Dead Rising is just a stupid "kill 40560304 million zombies game." its so stupid.

I honestly think anyone who thinks Dead rising is better than ANY Resident Evil game has serious issues.  

Geckou Rei

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 am
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222
I'm getting it. And I going to see RE biggrin egeneration. Though I don't know what Degeneration means...Oh well it has Claire and Leon. So who cares!!!

A. Degeneration is the opposite of regeneration, so it means like... decay, constantly going down or breaking apart.

B. What Bio said. Except I still think that the story could be better than RE4's (anything could, really. Even Dead Rising's plot involving making more meat for America through biological testing causing bees to infect humans and turn them into zombies was better. Simply because it had zombies in it). And Leon could redeem himself a little if he doesn't drop lousy insults/comebacks and do backflips during the movie. But he still has the jacket. And the hair. The damned, damned hair. burning_eyes

omg are you like mentally ill? Dead Rising's story was NO WHERE NEAR Resident Evil 4's story in comparison--Dead rising and RE4 u cant even MAKE that comparison. its simply not done! and RE4 has NOTHING to have redeemed! Itt is as good as any other RE game! I hate people who say things like that. You can't possibly think that, Dead Rising is just a stupid "kill 40560304 million zombies game." its so stupid.

I honestly think anyone who thinks Dead rising is better than ANY Resident Evil game has serious issues.

A. You're right. Dead Rising's story is nowhere near RE4's 'cause it's so far ahead and better.

B. If RE4 is as good as any other RE game, then where are the iconic zombies, non-godmoding, non-Matrix moves (i.e. jumping off a 50-foot tower in the village and landing just fine? Wtf?), limited ammo and healing, even limited saving and actual scares? Besides, you don't have to worry about dying because you go back half a minute to try again as opposed to be scared with low health trying to find a healing item because you're out of Ink Ribbons and you last saved three hours ago.

C. Dead Rising is just a stupid "kill 40560304 million zombies game", but RE4 is an even more stupid "kill 40560304 trillion Spanish people game". And Dead Rising was actually more fun. And yes, you can make the comparison. Both are action games. Dead Rising is broader with easily almost a hundred times as many weapons as RE4. And they have the same amount of scares: Pretty much zero.

D. Dead Rising has nothing on the older REs. Dead Rising has a shitload on RE4, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:35 am
Biohazard EXTREME
DarkDestiny20222
I hate the fact that I have to wait to play RE 5 till like the winter. Or is it coming out this summer? sweatdrop burning_eyes
Umm.... No... Try Fall of 2009, buddy.

your wrong. They haven't evne announced anything like that yet. They paciffically said it is to be announced. and the trailer came out like 2 years ago so it SHOULD be coming out this year! 2009? c'mon how could you seriously even consider that?  

Geckou Rei

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:36 am
Considering RE2 got shot down almost all the way through and they redid it? Then the same thing happened to RE4? That's a fair assumption.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:47 am
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222

A. You're right. Dead Rising's story is nowhere near RE4's 'cause it's so far ahead and better.

B. If RE4 is as good as any other RE game, then where are the iconic zombies, non-godmoding, non-Matrix moves (i.e. jumping off a 50-foot tower in the village and landing just fine? Wtf?), limited ammo and healing, even limited saving and actual scares? Besides, you don't have to worry about dying because you go back half a minute to try again as opposed to be scared with low health trying to find a healing item because you're out of Ink Ribbons and you last saved three hours ago.

C. Dead Rising is just a stupid "kill 40560304 million zombies game", but RE4 is an even more stupid "kill 40560304 trillion Spanish people game". And Dead Rising was actually more fun. And yes, you can make the comparison. Both are action games. Dead Rising is broader with easily almost a hundred times as many weapons as RE4. And they have the same amount of scares: Pretty much zero.

D. Dead Rising has nothing on the older REs. Dead Rising has a shitload on RE4, though.

Dead Rising story is just utterly stupid, your a fat old photographer in a shopping mall which is got zombies EVERYWHERE and you cant just leave out the front door for no reason, and you get a megaman blaster which is SOOOO Real! stare

And Resident Evil is more than just zombies, it has zombie like people in it, but these people are the way that are do to a parasite, just like the zombies exsist due to a virus, it still leads you more into the RE story.

I'll tell u why Leon and Ada can do all these spectacular stuff, its because they are SPECIALLY trained! Leon was trained for FOUR YEARS! and Ada has been trained skillfully even longer than that! They are SKILLED! They ahve years and years of practice. They're moves are not godly.

and if you want your limited ammo and health items actually TRY playing Professional mode. Seriously, I advise you to try it. Calling Pro mode as Hard mdoe would be a serious under-statement.

and ya you DO have to worry about dieing because you go back a whole lot farther than a minute in the places that count, for example in the fight with Krauser (which is almost impossible on pro mode) you have to face him 4 times without dieing before getting a check point and you have almost no ammo and hardly ANY health items!

and there are no inkribbons in RE4 because you NEED your inventory space! and is it SO unrealistic for the typewriters to already have inkribbons in them? is it really?

and in RE4 there are not THAT many spanish people. (you racist, JK) though there are a lot, but it gives you the feeling of being overwhelmed like a RE game should make you feel. and what YOUR saying is that Dead Rising basically gives u an infinate number of weapons and ammo? Hmph, Seems like Dead rising is nothing but a kill everything game and take a phew pictures.  

Geckou Rei

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:55 am
I just want to let you know I realize how many spelling mistakes I made, and what petty mistakes I made, like how I typed in phew when I meant few, but I just don't feel like going back to correct the entire thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:20 am
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222

Dead Rising story is just utterly stupid, your a fat old photographer in a shopping mall which is got zombies EVERYWHERE and you cant just leave out the front door for no reason, and you get a megaman blaster which is SOOOO Real! stare

And Resident Evil is more than just zombies, it has zombie like people in it, but these people are the way that are do to a parasite, just like the zombies exsist due to a virus, it still leads you more into the RE story.

I'll tell u why Leon and Ada can do all these spectacular stuff, its because they are SPECIALLY trained! Leon was trained for FOUR YEARS! and Ada has been trained skillfully even longer than that! They are SKILLED! They ahve years and years of practice. They're moves are not godly.

and if you want your limited ammo and health items actually TRY playing Professional mode. Seriously, I advise you to try it. Calling Pro mode as Hard mdoe would be a serious under-statement.

and ya you DO have to worry about dieing because you go back a whole lot farther than a minute in the places that count, for example in the fight with Krauser (which is almost impossible on pro mode) you have to face him 4 times without dieing before getting a check point and you have almost no ammo and hardly ANY health items!

and there are no inkribbons in RE4 because you NEED your inventory space! and is it SO unrealistic for the typewriters to already have inkribbons in them? is it really?

and in RE4 there are not THAT many spanish people. (you racist, JK) though there are a lot, but it gives you the feeling of being overwhelmed like a RE game should make you feel. and what YOUR saying is that Dead Rising basically gives u an infinate number of weapons and ammo? Hmph, Seems like Dead rising is nothing but a kill everything game and take a phew pictures.

Oh no, Frank gets a Mega Blaster. Leon gets a laser cannon, an infinite rocket launcher and a tommygun. Did I mention that he also has a shotgun that holds 100 shells?

RE4 has no story. "I'm Leon, 6 years after Raccoon City I'm trained and am going to save the President's daughter while shooting everything that has unrealistically huge parasites in them."

Even if you're spectacularly trained, nobody can jump 50 feet unaided, not to mention with all the s**t Leon's carrying, and land perfectly. Jumping straight down 20 feet onto even a soft surface would almost, if not, break your legs.

I only play Pro mode. And I always end up having over 300 handgun bullets, a hundred shotgun shells, and other assorted bullets. And the grenades I just sell because they're almost useless. Oh, and I have a whole row of health items.

The fight with Krauser you actually get a checkpoint after opening the first door, after fighting him for the first Holy Piece or whatever, and after you enter the tower. Those are about five minutes apart.

Since when do you need the inventory space? Who needs an attache case that has enough space to hold three shotguns, four magnums, a rocket launcher, five handguns, ammo, and health items? You don't need half the inventory space you get unless you want like 20 guns. The other REs you needed inventory space because you had 6 or 8 slots. In RE4, you get almost 50 times that. Quick question, too: where does he keep that case that must weigh a hundred+ pounds? Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

No, it's not unrealistic for typewriters to have ink ribbons in them already. It just makes it scarier to know that you can only save a certain amount of times, so you have to gauge when you think you should next save before you die.

You don't feel overwhelmed. A well-placed kick from Leon can take down ten people. Not to mention his mass amount of guns and grenades. Yes, I'm saying Dead Rising gives you an infinite number of weapons and ammo. It's a mall. It's realistic. It is a kill everything game and take a few pictures. RE4 is the same, minus the pictures. Infinite ammo (basically), infinite healing... It's just more fun because you get more diverse weapons than RE4.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Geckou Rei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 am
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222

Oh no, Frank gets a Mega Blaster. Leon gets a laser cannon, an infinite rocket launcher and a tommygun. Did I mention that he also has a shotgun that holds 100 shells?

RE4 has no story. "I'm Leon, 6 years after Raccoon City I'm trained and am going to save the President's daughter while shooting everything that has unrealistically huge parasites in them."

Even if you're spectacularly trained, nobody can jump 50 feet unaided, not to mention with all the s**t Leon's carrying, and land perfectly. Jumping straight down 20 feet onto even a soft surface would almost, if not, break your legs.

I only play Pro mode. And I always end up having over 300 handgun bullets, a hundred shotgun shells, and other assorted bullets. And the grenades I just sell because they're almost useless. Oh, and I have a whole row of health items.

The fight with Krauser you actually get a checkpoint after opening the first door, after fighting him for the first Holy Piece or whatever, and after you enter the tower. Those are about five minutes apart.

Since when do you need the inventory space? Who needs an attache case that has enough space to hold three shotguns, four magnums, a rocket launcher, five handguns, ammo, and health items? You don't need half the inventory space you get unless you want like 20 guns. The other REs you needed inventory space because you had 6 or 8 slots. In RE4, you get almost 50 times that. Quick question, too: where does he keep that case that must weigh a hundred+ pounds? Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

No, it's not unrealistic for typewriters to have ink ribbons in them already. It just makes it scarier to know that you can only save a certain amount of times, so you have to gauge when you think you should next save before you die.

You don't feel overwhelmed. A well-placed kick from Leon can take down ten people. Not to mention his mass amount of guns and grenades. Yes, I'm saying Dead Rising gives you an infinite number of weapons and ammo. It's a mall. It's realistic. It is a kill everything game and take a few pictures. RE4 is the same, minus the pictures. Infinite ammo (basically), infinite healing... It's just more fun because you get more diverse weapons than RE4.

yea but you only get those guns after beating the game on normal, pro mode and compelteing Seperate Ways as well as Assignment Ada, its not liek you get them fore use on your first play through the game or anything. So they are just for fun afterwards. and that shotgun can realistically hold that many shells, did you see the Striker? It has that large compartment for holding 100 shots, very realistic.

yes parasites like that are unrealistic, but then again, so are zombies, right? but at least there are reason behind it.

and about carrying things, it's the same in Dead Rising, you can hold so much which is unrealistic in both games. but they're just games so I guess things like that can pass.

and out of my entire play through Pro mode you CAN NOT possibly have 300 handgun bullets without using them UNLESS your using infinate ammo weapons! and if you REALLY played pro mdoe than you would know that the grenades are certainly NOT useless. on pro mode you need every little peice of weaponary you can get your hands on!

and you have to actually survive krauser to get to the checkpoints. he can kill u in two knife attacks on pro mode and it doesnt give you the option to dodge very often.

and you need inventory space because there are no item boxes in RE4 because of the fact that you leave areas to never come back so often.

but you only run out of ink ribbons in the other resident evi lgames if you save 5 times every time you reach a typewriter. I mean its not difficult to beat the other RE games without saving at all. with the exception of code veronica X.

but heres where your wrong. Resident Evil 4 IS NOT a kill everything game. It's survival horror, where as Dead Rising is just... zombies. period. and there is certainly not infinate health. Theres a good amount of health on normal mode but its very scarce on pro mode.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:02 pm
That would make the shells smaller than handgun bullets to be able to fit 100 in there. Do you even know how big a 12-gauge shell is? You could maybe fit 50 in that thing. Maybe. And you get the Mega Blaster (the real one, anyway) after beating the game once, then I think getting a certain amount of days on Infinity Mode.

Zombies are more realistic because they're essentially rotting people. Plagas are parasites somehow hiding in peoples' chests and are ranging from the size of someone's head to the size of about 20 people (Saddler). No matter how you put it, that's not even possible. You can't hide all that mass in the size of a human body. Zombies, on the other hand, are somewhat believable.

No, I use my knife a lot. And it's still easy as hell. On my first Pro playthrough, I ended up with 322 handgun bullets, 130 shotgun shells, 400 TMP bullets, 20 magnum bullets, and 35 sniper rifle bullets. And grenades aren't useless, they just don't do much. Nothing a knife or one of your 500 guns can't handle.

That's where the knife comes in again, unless he uses a gun, then use the TMP. Simple as that, it's not hard.

Half the s**t you acquire you don't need anyway, so there's no need for item boxes. All you come across is ammo, healing items, grenades, and guns. Mostly ammo and healing, of which you get a lot, so you shouldn't need any extra space than your little case since you get a continuous, nonending amount.

Even so, it still forces you to think whether or not you should waste one save that could potentially screw you later on.

First of all, it's not survival. As I said, you get at least 15-20 guns, unlimited ammo, and yes, infinite health. That whole row of healing items? That was my first Pro playthrough. And it's not horror. It's not scary. People come up behind you, and that's about it. Even then, they laugh or say something to warn you. "¡Detrás de ti, imbécil!" Translation: "Behind you, idiot!" It would've been better if they had the music keep playing. Instead of letting them sneak up on you, they play music whenever you're discovered. When everyone's dead, instead of keeping the music playing to make you wonder if someone else is hiding out to get you, the music cue stops. That's just a stupid choice on Capcom's part.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:36 pm
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei

yea but you only get those guns after beating the game on normal, pro mode and compelteing Seperate Ways as well as Assignment Ada, its not liek you get them fore use on your first play through the game or anything. So they are just for fun afterwards. and that shotgun can realistically hold that many shells, did you see the Striker? It has that large compartment for holding 100 shots, very realistic.

yes parasites like that are unrealistic, but then again, so are zombies, right? but at least there are reason behind it.

and about carrying things, it's the same in Dead Rising, you can hold so much which is unrealistic in both games. but they're just games so I guess things like that can pass.

and out of my entire play through Pro mode you CAN NOT possibly have 300 handgun bullets without using them UNLESS your using infinate ammo weapons! and if you REALLY played pro mdoe than you would know that the grenades are certainly NOT useless. on pro mode you need every little peice of weaponary you can get your hands on!

and you have to actually survive krauser to get to the checkpoints. he can kill u in two knife attacks on pro mode and it doesnt give you the option to dodge very often.

and you need inventory space because there are no item boxes in RE4 because of the fact that you leave areas to never come back so often.

but you only run out of ink ribbons in the other resident evi lgames if you save 5 times every time you reach a typewriter. I mean its not difficult to beat the other RE games without saving at all. with the exception of code veronica X.

but heres where your wrong. Resident Evil 4 IS NOT a kill everything game. It's survival horror, where as Dead Rising is just... zombies. period. and there is certainly not infinate health. Theres a good amount of health on normal mode but its very scarce on pro mode.

Okay, sorry to sound rude, but kid, right there you need to shut the hell up. You lose ALL credibility after that. Guess what, in Dead Rising, you get the Mega Man blaster after you do several things. Which is actually hard to do on a first play through.

Once again, no. You don't. What you do, is you use one bullet, to shoot an enemy in the knee/foot. He drops, you kick. He flies back and hits other enemies. Then you run in and knife the ******** out of them. Then you retreat, and repeat. You'll waste very little ammo that way.

Comparing DR to older RE games is bad. Because they were the best and the inspiration for DR. Compare DR and RE4, and it's like comparing a nuke to a .22 pistol. RE4 = .22 Pistol.

As for the Striker shotgun, the size of the mag is to small for 100 rounds. 50? Maybe.

Here's something you have to look at. Later on the the RE4 game, after Leon loses his jacket he's still able to jump through windows. But guess what? He doesn't even get a scratch on him. Wait, I know what you'll say, he covered himself with his arms. But, glass still cuts. Unprotected arms, thousands of shards of glass. Not one scratch, God-Modder.

As for DR story, and why he couldn't just leave through the front door, um.....have you ever played the game? That's how most of the ******** zombies got in the mall. Through the front ******** door.

Um.......what ******** game are you playing? in Resident evil 4, the only way to save the annoyance known as Ashley is to KILL all enemies. In DR you don't have to really kill a damn thing. You just have to run through it.
And calling it Survival Horror is like saying Titanic was a comedy. Or Romeo and Juliet is a horror. Or that Saw and Hostel is family friendly. It's just retarded. Not once, in RE4 were you faced with a situation where you actually had trouble surviving. I guess it can be a small bit of horror, but a true Survival Horror game is the old RE and Silent Hill. Maybe you should look that one up. It's a pretty good series.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:32 pm
Geckou Rei
your wrong. They haven't evne announced anything like that yet. They paciffically said it is to be announced. and the trailer came out like 2 years ago so it SHOULD be coming out this year! 2009? c'mon how could you seriously even consider that?

No, I'm not wrong. They said that it's likely to come out late 2009, maybe even as late as 2010. Capcom's own words.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Eaelaien

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:55 pm
DarkDestiny20222
I hate the fact that I have to wait to play RE 5 till like the winter. Or is it coming out this summer? sweatdrop burning_eyes

Comes out Summer 09 for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:02 pm
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
Geckou Rei
Canas Renvall
DarkDestiny20222

Well, I for one have to side with Geckou. A mall? Realistic? Please tell me how running around the mall TRYING to find survivors and gaining XP to LEARN the ability to use Martial Arts is realistic.

I agree, Geckou, calling PRO "HARD" should not be allowed. It really is for the die hard Grim Reaper Veterans that play RE. The ones that actually played through ORE.  

Eaelaien

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:53 pm
Running around a mall trying to find survivors is very realistic. Gaining XP isn't, I agree, but neither is upgrading the speed that Leon reloads or shoots. Upgrading the firepower or capacity within the time span of "Heh heh heh heh, thank ya!" isn't either. The capacity upgrade isn't even possible with some weapons, like the Broken Butterfly. It visibly only has six shots, yet it has the capacity for 12. It just doesn't work.

I agree too. It shouldn't be called hard. It should be titled Normal. My first Pro playthrough I died... I believe four or five times total.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff