Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:10 pm
Quote:
Xander: I laugh in the face of danger. Then run and hide until it goes away.

Hah, I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:42 pm
Quotes from Season of Life:

Ehrmann: What is our job as coaches?
Football Players: To love us.
Ehrmann: What is your job?
Football Players: To love each other.

Ehrmann: What breeds terrorism? It’s relationally driven. It’s hatred. It’s prejudice. It’s religious intolerance. It’s racism. We live in a world that just breeds this stuff  

Collote
Crew

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:27 pm
Another The Green Mile quote..

John Coffey: He kill them with their love. With their love for each other. That's how it is, every day, all over the world.

A Margarettown quote...

"People, you'll find, aren't usually all good or bad. Sometimes they're just a little bit good and a whole lot bad. And sometimes they're mostly good with a dash of bad. And most of us, well, we fall in the middle somewhere."

The Prestige quotes...

Cutter: Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled.

Sarah: Alfred I can't live like this!
Alfred Borden: Well, what do you want from me?
Sarah: I want... I want you to be honest with me. No tricks, no lies, no secrets.
[pause]
Sarah: Do you... do you love me?
Alfred Borden: Not today. No.

Cutter: Take a minute to consider your achievement. I once told you about a sailor who drowned.
Robert Angier: Yes, he said it was like going home.
Cutter: I lied. He said it was agony.

More Sweeney Todd quotes...

Sweeney Todd: I can guarantee the closest shave you'll ever know.

Sweeney Todd: [holding up one of his razors] At last! My arm is complete again!

Sweeney Todd: 15 years gone on a false charge, 15 years spent dreaming I might come home to a wife and child.
Mrs. Lovett: Well, I can't say the years have been particularly kind to you Mr. Barker.
Sweeney Todd: No, not Barker, that man is dead, it's Todd now, Sweeney Todd and he will have his revenge.

Judge Turpin: Oh yes... such practices. The Geishas of Japan, the concubines of Siam, the catamites of Greece, the harlots of India. I have them all here, drawings of them. Everything you've ever dreamed of doing with a woman. Would you like to see?
Anthony Hope: I think there's been some mistake.
Judge Turpin: I think not. You gandered at my ward, Johanna. You gandered at her. YES, sir, you gandered!
Anthony Hope: I meant no harm.
Judge Turpin: Your meaning is immaterial. Mark me! If I see your face again on this street, you'll rue the day you were born.

Sweeney Todd: And who is it to be said is your intended, sir?
Judge Turpin: My ward... and pretty as a rosebud.
Sweeney Todd: Pretty as her mother?
Judge Turpin: [confused] Wha... what was that?
Sweeney Todd: Nothing. Nothing, sir. May we proceed?

Judge Turpin: How seldom it is one meets a fellow spirit.
Sweeney Todd: With fellow tastes... in women at least.
Judge Turpin: [unsettled] What's that?
Sweeney Todd: The years, no doubt, have changed me, sir. But then I suppose the face of a barber, the face of a prisoner in the dark, is not particularly memorable.
Judge Turpin: [with immense shock] Benjamin... Barker...
Sweeney Todd: [shouts] Benjamin Barker!

A Stardust quote...

Guard: [at the wall] I'm charged with guarding the portal to another world, and you're asking me to just let you through!
Young Dunstan Thorn: Yes. Because, let's be honest, it's a field. Look,[pointing to the field at the other side of the wall] do you see another world out there? No, you see a field. Do you see anything non human? No. And you know why? Because it's a field!

All right. I'm done now. I promise.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:26 pm
"Food eats people!" - not sure where this is from  

seleneswan

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 pm
Whoa!! Haven't been by here in forever. Sorry peeps. Great quotes everyone, keep it up. ^-^ I got some new ones geared toward writing!!

Advice to writers: Sometimes you just have to stop writing. Even before you begin.
-Stanislaw J. Lec

A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
-Thomas Mann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am
"Why should we cause unnecessary suffering?"
--Oromis, Eldest (book two of the Inheritance Trilogy)  

Nathan Galvan

PaintOnSilence

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm
"27% of the world has homocidal tendencies..., there rest are just victims."

"Mmm-hmm. Hm. Yeah? Mm-hmm. WELL ******** YOU, MR BEAR!!! YOU SPEAK LIES!!! LIIIIES!!! Stuffed with pure venom, you vile, lint-infested b*****d!! How many more, like you, are there!! How many more?!!! You can't even imagine the things I've endured!! And always at the hands of s**t like you!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
-Johnny, JTHM

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - They're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!"
-Johnny, JTHM

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."
-Johnny, JTHM

"Don't expect anything but nasty irritation from anyone you didn't create."
-Mr. Eff, JTHM

The Devil: "You will adress me by my proper, distinguished title - Senor Diablo."
Johnny: "Will "Mr. Satan" do?"
The Devil: "Yeah, okay."
-conversation between Johnny and The Devil, JTHM

"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
--Life, The Universe and Everything (i FORGOT THE PERSON WHO SAID IT)

"You're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
-Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:56 pm
"Never give up, never give in. It's not enough it never is."

"You may lose in the long run but until then you better set a pretty mean pace."

I heard these quotes and they're my favorites 3nodding  

ishballan-girl

serephemeral
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:47 pm
Michelle- Are you saying that you don't believe me?
Horatio- No, I was thinking a more technical term, like 'liar liar pants on fire'.

Smiple Genius, David Bardacci  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:27 pm
I have some other good quotes.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" -one of many great quotes from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest

"'Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than a woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you'" -Persuasion, by Jane Austen (you might have to read the book to get the quote, but it's great)  

WickedSong

Ayame-Yukari

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:22 am
My favorite quote ever!

"My great thought in living is himself. If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be. If all else remained, but he were annihilated, the universe would turn into a great, mighty stranger." (Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, 77)

And, of course, "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb. What a stupid lamb, what a sick, masochistic lion." Twilight  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:27 pm
"I was -total truth- feeling warm piss down my pants." - The Body of Christopher Creed xd  

shininglory

Ayame-Yukari

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 pm
The sonnet at the beginning of Romeo and Juliet is cool too...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 pm
All I have is one of my own.

"Every art, whether it be visible or heard, is it's own language."  

Ayame-Yukari

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:23 pm
Okay, so I have some more. These are actually all from movies, I'll put some book ones up.

I believe that some of the best quotes known to man come from the movie Forrest Gump. I'm only going to put up two of my favorite deep quotes, but every single quote from that movie is amazing.

Forest Gump: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time.

Jenny Curran: Were you scared in Vietnam?
Forrest Gump: Yes. Well, I-I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out... and then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water... like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful.

Yeah... Then the movie Across the Universe is also one of my favorites, so naturally I picked out some quotes from there.

JoJo: Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore, man. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons away.

Army Sergeant: Is there any reason you shouldn't be in this man's Army?
Max: I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.
Army Sergeant: As long as you don't have flat feet.

Jude: [referring to Lucy] She's probably out fighting for the cause.
JoJo: Looks like you've been fighting for it too, huh?
Jude: I don't have one. That's the problem.

Max: Why is it always what will I do? "What will he do", "What will he do," "Oh, my god what will he do", Do, do, do, do, do. Why isn't the issue here who I am?
Uncle Teddy: Because, Maxwell, what you do defines who you are.
Max: No, Uncle Teddy. Who you are defines what you do. Right Jude?
Jude: [awkward] ... Well, surely it's not what you do, but the, uh... the way that you do it.

Then my newest favorite is Iron Man. These quotes are mostly awesome because of inside jokes, and you really have to see the movie to get them.

Christine Everheart: You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?
Tony Stark: Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint.
Christine Everheart: And what do you say to your other nickname, the Merchant of Death?
Tony Stark: That's not bad.

Tony Stark: Yeah. I can fly.

Tony Stark: [recording a log as he tests his rocket boots] Day 11, Test 37, Configuration 2.0. For lack of a better option, Dummy is still on fire safety.
[turns to robot]
Tony Stark: If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college.
[performs test then lands]
Tony Stark: Please don't follow me around with it either because I feel like I'm going to catch on fire spontaneously. Just stand down. If something happens, then come in.

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff